Moon/Sun Sun/Moon just got hyped - Which starter will you pick?

• Thread starter Toxiccow
  • Start date

Which starter is your pick

• Rowlet

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Litten

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Popplio

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
I have been thinking about something for a while and I think I should explain a bit about the supposed typing of the final evolutions of the starters! Just because there were numbered pictures on Nintendo's website for Fighting and Ground along with the base form ones', doesn't mean that we will get a Fire/Ground or Water/Fighting type starter! It's actually far more likely we will get yet another Fire/Fighting and a Water/Ground type starter! If you think that just because you doubt Nintendo will repeat themselves and try to be original, let me remind you something, they have given the Fire/Fighting typing to 3 starters so far, THREE, IN A ROW! However, despite that, it will be best if Litten's evolution actually isn't a Ground type, since that would automatically make it have less than 100 base speed or be unbelievably frail (like Dugtrio), which doesn't fit a cat-like Pokemon or a starter! I'm just saying this after realizing that despite the awful design, if Popplio ends up being a Water/Ground like Swampert and with a good hidden ability, then it would probably become the best one of the three! And I'm not saying some way too OP ability like Sap Sipper, but more like Liquid Ooze (to scare away Giga Drain users) or Unburden (although a bit unlikely)!

I have been thinking about something for a while and I think I should explain a bit about the supposed typing of the final evolutions of the starters! Just because there were numbered pictures on Nintendo's website for Fighting and Ground along with the base form ones', doesn't mean that we will get a Fire/Ground or Water/Fighting type starter! It's actually far more likely we will get yet another Fire/Fighting and a Water/Ground type starter! If you think that just because you doubt Nintendo will repeat themselves and try to be original, let me remind you something, they have given the Fire/Fighting typing to 3 starters so far, THREE, IN A ROW! However, despite that, it will be best if Litten's evolution actually isn't a Ground type, since that would automatically make it have less than 100 base speed or be unbelievably frail (like Dugtrio), which doesn't fit a cat-like Pokemon or a starter! I'm just saying this after realizing that despite the awful design, if Popplio ends up being a Water/Ground like Swampert and with a good hidden ability, then it would probably become the best one of the three! And I'm not saying some way too OP ability like Sap Sipper, but more like Liquid Ooze (to scare away Giga Drain users) or Unburden (although a bit unlikely)!
So team popplio? XD

So team popplio? XD
No, more like team "IDK yet"!:p After I thought about all that, I made up my mind to make up my mind after we get the official info on it!

Hey guys, looks like Coro Coro just leaked a few Pokemon for Pokemon sun and moon
----SPOILER----
-First Pokemon
corocoro7161th.jpg

It's name is Nekkoalla
It's name is based on nerru which in Japanese is 'to go to sleep' and koala for obvious reasons
Known as the half awake Pokemon and is a normal type
Has the ability 'definite sleep' or something like that, which negates every status effect other than sleep status ( burns, toxic, etc)
-Second Pokemon
corocoro7162th.jpg

corocoro7163th.jpg

It's name is Iwanko
It's name is based on an barking in Japanese and ko is a word you put in the end of an animals name, says that it's young,
So bark and young dog/puppy
It's most likely that this Pokemon is a first route Pokemon or some thing
Its known as the puppy Pokemon and It's a rock type
It will get the ability keen eye or vital spirit

If you don't want to se the Pokemon then it's fine, but if you do, what do you prefer between the two
I would love to hear your thoughts

<3 a cow

I'd go for iwanko. Looks cute. And I don't think there has been any rock type puppy in the series (maybe there are, then again I haven't seen all the Pokemon only about 200 of them). I'd gladly give that a try. Nekkoala seems nice too.

I also haven't completed the Nat. Dex

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the pics, just enlarged:
corocoro7161.jpg
corocoro7162.jpg

corocoro7163.jpg

Now, about how much I like them, well, since I'm mostly playing competitively, if Nekkoala has good stats on top of it's really OP ability (and doesn't end up like Smeargle or things like that), I may even have it on my main team! What I'm interested in knowing about it's ability is whether it blocks confusion too, because if it does, it would be great to skill swap it to an Outrage / Petal Dance/ Thrash user or a fast attacker to avoid paralysis and burn! There are literally tons of potential options for it!

As for Iwanko, if it ends up with similar stats and ability (Sand Rush) as Stoutland's, but with an added Rock typing, it'll be really good and probably high tier material! I can't wait to learn more about it's final evolution!

I like all three starter this and I am really confused between grass /flying and water one . I really cannot wait to see there final form of all starters.

By the way I am also looking forward for new mega evolution ,It is always nice to see new mega evolution and I will be pokemon sun

Hey guys,looks like there is gameplay on the new Zygarde legendary
----SPOILER----

The footage is Zygarde's 10% and full power forms

It looks amazing, especially Zygarde's 'Z' attack. The transformation and the Pokemon itself is cool to watch. Do you guys like it?

The attack that is shown is called 'core punisher' and the ability is called 'horde transformation '
Which lets it .....transform

The only problem is on the competitive side. If it's in ubers, then it won't stand a chance while in its 10% form . So either use focus sash, or hope and pray. If it's in OU or under, it's full power form will be to broken. :/ but who cares about it anyway it's cool enough for me
<3 a cow

Last edited:
The 100% forme will definitely end up in either Ubers or, more likely, AG! Considering that the 10% forme took a Dragon Claw from a Garchomp, it must have at least decent bulk and when it transforms, it's HP is recalculated and the original is added to the new value, making it really OP if it transforms at 50% of so like Darmanitan! What I really love however are the new battle effects, that Dragon Claw animation looks amazing, same goes for how the ability activation pop-up and the HP bars thinning at the low side is really a nice addition too! All in all, I think this Gen is going to be the most epic when it comes to battling!:D

Those two new Pokemon leaked look really fantastic :p Iwanko kinda reminds me of Lillipup but it looks more better in my opinion (lol). Nekkoalla seems like it'll be a rather interesting Pokemon too. That Zygarde transformation thing is really awesome and it just makes Sun and Moon more exciting to wait for! xD

Hey guys, looks like there is more news for Pokemon sun and moon
---SPOILER---

There is three brand new Pokemon announced
1. Pikepek
Normal/Flying type
Has the ability either keen eye or skill link
2 Yungoos
Normal type
Has the ability either stakeout or strong jaw
3 grubbin
Bug type
Has the ability swarm

Which would you pick, personally I pick the first one since it looks kinda cool and will probably evolve

Then there is the battle royal
In this mode, you have 3 Pokemon, 4 person free for all
The objective is to knock out as much Pokemon as you can
It has a different stage to fight , which looks cool

What do you like the most, the Pokemon or the modes, I personally like the new mode
<3 a cow

Read more here -> http://www.serebii.net

There is also magearna and its ability 'soul heart'
It works in a double battle, if the Pokemon in your side is fainted, magearna gains a special attack boost
And it has the signature move'fleur cannon which looks awsome

I read some article in the serebii page and it looks like pikipek will evolve into 2 other Pokemon, and the ability stakeout is when the opponent switches Pokemon mid battle , you'll do twice the amount of damage( Yungoos' ability)

Looking the battle royal part, character customization is definitely real, since all the trainers have different outfits

<3 a cow

I LOVE the free-for-all idea, really great and can be much more fun than any other format there is! As for the new Pokemon, I like Pikepek quite a bit, nice design and all and Yungoos a little because it looks funny, but Grubbin has really bad design! What REALLY disappointed me, probably the only thing that did, is the GUI during battles! It doesn't look comfortable at all!
treehouse1.jpg

but Grubbin has really bad design!
I'm glad that I was not the only who thought the exact same thing. Seriously, I was like "What is that thing??" :p
The GUI doesn't really look bad in my opinion though. Maybe it'll take some time to get used to but I think it's very cool :p

Anyways the other Pokemon that were revealed look really awesome. The new battle mode looks fantastic and would be something really fun to play.

Reactions: Tho
I'm glad that I was not the only who thought the exact same thing. Seriously, I was like "What is that thing??" :p
The GUI doesn't really look bad in my opinion though. Maybe it'll take some time to get used to but I think it's very cool :p

Anyways the other Pokemon that were revealed look really awesome. The new battle mode looks fantastic and would be something really fun to play.
I actually laughed and was like WTH when I saw Grubbin!:p Now that I look at the GUI again, I think you are right, but I can't stop thinking that there's a reason why there's all that huge space in the middle just to show what's out right now! It may be like that because you can interact with the Pokemon or something! As for the Battle Royal, it's probably one of the best things they could have added!:D

Reactions: 2071
So anyway, what's up with all the Popplio hate? People really seem to hate it and I can't really figure out why. It's not like it's the worst starter we've ever gotten (anyone remember the hate for oshawott when it came out too).
I guess it doesn't really matter to me anyway considering that I'm going to pick Litten (fire cat ftw!) but this has been bothering me for a while.

For me, I plan on getting Pokémon Sun 1st before I get Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, typically I only get one of the sister games, and I'm planning on going with Moon for this one. N0t really for any particular reason considering how little we actually know about the game, but just because I really like Lunaala. Being a night person makes a little difference too. However, I don't think I'll be getting Sun as well, just cause there isn't much of a difference between the two aside from the Pokemon you can find in the game, which is how its been for all the past generations.

At first I was all about Pokemon Sun because Solgaleo looks so friggin' awesome, but when I saw Lunalaa firing it's LASEAAAA (techincally a beam but whatever xD ) it looked even more awesome and now I'm decided on Pokemon Moon :3 I would like to get both but I'll have barely enough money for one game so, one game only >.> And they are practically the same thing so I still can't see why are people spending their money for both copies >.>

I'm getting moon only. I used to live somewhere that the moonwas up a lot so the title is comforting. I also think personally that getting 2 versions is odd. Hydrant you just trade the legendary and game limited pokemon with your friend? But that's just my opinion, and the moon legendary is boss looking also, the sun, ehh.

Back