Moon/Sun Sun/Moon just got hyped - Which starter will you pick?

• Thread starter Toxiccow
  • Start date

Which starter is your pick

• Rowlet

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Litten

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Popplio

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Hey everybody, I forgot, let me know what will you nickname your starter pick. I pick Litten, and I'm gonna name it Lit kitty or Edgy. <3 a cow

I like them all and I love Litten, but I also feel it's gonna become the mainstreamed one of the bunch. It's a hard choice really, I usually end up picking the fire starters....I have picked other type starters on other occasions though. I may end up with Rowlet for a starter, not sure of a name yet. I have to dive into my unique names list I guess and fine one most fitting for it. Even if I do end up picking that one, I'll just trade for the other starters later anyways. Collecting Pokemon is probably my favorite part of the game so I will definitely be doing that. :woot:

Reactions: Dark Eevee
Hedgewig the Rowlet :3

Imo Sun legend looks like Pyroar and Moon legend (slightly) looks like Noivern

Reactions: blinboy, Dark Eevee and RaeSyndrome
I've been thinking, that final shot of lunala, the legendary, it looks like it's lunala's signature move. If you take a better look at the Japanese trailer, you can see there is skin color customization and it's pretty hidden, but you can see solgaleo's signature move. Maybe it's not a signature move, but rather an ingame cutscene. Just here to say that.

Reactions: blinboy
The game looks like its based on a tropical island (Hawaii) and looks like a 3D Pokemon Ranger game.

I'm not gonna say much, this says everything :p

#MegaEnteiConfirmed & #MegaZubatThatShootsFrigginDeathStarBeamsStuckToAWheelConfirmed

Reactions: blinboy
I like it too, but he is kinda derpie :p

Dewott is awesome tho, one my favoutite starter NFE

Samurott is not bad imo, but I don't like him as a Oshawott evo

There is going to be a new grass type move that Rowlet learns
Yup, it's called Leafage or something like that and Rowlet will know it the moment you pick him :3

Yup, it's called Leafage or something like that and Rowlet will know it the moment you pick him :3
It looks like it will be the new ember or water gun, just grass type

Reactions: Livada
It looks like it will be the new ember or water gun, just grass type
We needed one of those, cause Absorb sucks

Squirtle-Totodile-Mudkip-Piplup

4 good water starter in a row

Disagree on Squirtle and Totodile being good. They aren't horrible but they aren't that good. Piplup is eh.

i can't decide but the one i think i would chose would probably be Popplio or Rowlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rowlet!

Reactions: V_Weeb
I am between Litten and Rowlet. Popplio looks so bad. He looks like a sea-lion who went to a clown school. And clowns are some of the creepiest things ever. Litten really is cool, because its a cat that shoots flaming hairballs. And it looks like a black cat, so you bring bad luck to your opponents, but with flaming whiskers. And Rowlet looks so cute. It's one of the cutest starters and I really like owls. They are just a hidden predator, who can turn their heads around 180°. They just can't be sneaked on.

I'm not really a big fan of the new starters to be honest. Maybe it's just me getting older or nostalgia, but it seems that Pokemon nowadays are just animals in different colours ;-; I usually pick my starter based on their last evolution, since your starter evolves pretty early on. I kinda like Rowlet though, he's super cute and I really like the Grass/Flying combination. He reminds me a lot of Blathers with the green leaf/bow tie, which is good haha

I'm not really a big fan of the new starters to be honest. Maybe it's just me getting older or nostalgia, but it seems that Pokemon nowadays are just animals in different colours ;-; I usually pick my starter based on their last evolution, since your starter evolves pretty early on. I kinda like Rowlet though, he's super cute and I really like the Grass/Flying combination. He reminds me a lot of Blathers with the green leaf/bow tie, which is good haha
I am preety sure Pokemon were always animals, eventhough there were some different ones. The new starters are like the old ones. And I really do not think that the new "bad looking" Pokemon are any worst that the ones before. I know a lot of people say Trubbish is a bad pokemon, but look at Grimer. The designs are both looking like somthing simple, but the gens are totaly different. The thing is that every gen has some bad Pokemon, even the first one.

I am preety sure Pokemon were always animals, eventhough there were some different ones. The new starters are like the old ones. And I really do not think that the new "bad looking" Pokemon are any worst that the ones before. I know a lot of people say Trubbish is a bad pokemon, but look at Grimer. The designs are both looking like somthing simple, but the gens are totaly different. The thing is that every gen has some bad Pokemon, even the first one.
That's true, that's why I think it's mainly because of nostalgia reasons :p
But even though Mr Mime may be the worst Pokemon ever, it's still a more creative Pokemon than Clefki or Honedge. And I think that Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtly have less animalish designs (well maybe except for Squirtle :facepalm:) and more a unique Pokemonish style, if that makes sense.

And why? i can't decide but the one i think i would chose would probably be Popplio or Rowlet.
because they are cute and popplio looks like a dolphin/sea lion and i like dolphins/sealions
and rowlet has a good typing.

@Moon Rain I dunno... Klefki is pretty innovative for a Pokemon in spite of the fact that it seems like an absurd design. Honedge too but your mileage may vary. Personally I found Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist to be one of my favourites and that's literally a hair yokai spliced with a jack-o-lantern. Pokemon are more or less just meant to be personafications of any object/animal/mythology you can think of so it's not too out there when looked under that lens.

And back on-topic, I would pick Popplio for two reasons: Firstly it looks adorable and the other two don't seem to appeal on that cute look as much (although Rowlet gets a close second,) and secondly because it's already clear that Popplio is the least-liked starter of the bunch a la Bulbasaur or Oshawott (Which initially I was a Snivy lover but Oshawott's adorable actions in the anime grew on me.)

-

I am (actually) choosing Popplio. I find this Pokémon rather adorable and Popplio actually matches my personality. I'm hoping he'll be a defensive Pokémon, but this could be unlikely. I was originally all for Litten until I realized Popplio is more suiting for me. I love Sea Lions and I find the idea of this starter very original and cute. I am prepared and ready to hear more Pokémon Sun and Moon news. I am hoping all of the starter evolutions are leaked to us very soon.

-

Last edited:
I like all of them. Though, I'm still choosing between Litten and Popplio. I kinda like Litten more, but Popplio is more happy and playful, which makes me feel I will choose him.

I will make my final decision when they reveal the final forms of them. If Popplio loses its cuteness features, I might go for Litten. If Popplio isn't cute (or IS cute) but the final form looks awesome, I'll go for Popplio.

I'm going to choose Rowlet. This is the first time in ANY pokemon game the grass starter won me over to choose it. It is a grass/flying pokemon and I think the only other pokemon with that dual typing is tropius.
It looks adorable and I think it could be really awesome to use.

I always choose the water or fire type starter so this is a first.

Gen 1: Water
Gen 2: Fire
Gen 3: Water
Gen 4: Fire
Gen 5: Fire
Gen 6: Water
Gen 7: Grass (For the first time in FOREVER)

#TeamRowlet#Adorable#First#Grass#Starter

Back