Super Smash Bros. for 3DS eShop Demo

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
No, I think it's just that they sell so much in America, so they get stuff out there first, and then we. If some franchise is more popular in Europe (which is rare) we get the game first. AKA Pikmin 2 on Wii, and Pikmin 3.

No, I think it's just that they sell so much in America, so they get stuff out there first, and then we. If some franchise is more popular in Europe (which is rare) we get the game first. AKA Pikmin 2 on Wii, and Pikmin 3.
So basically they want to ensure they get a profit before they sell elsewhere? Is that what you mean?

Reactions: entei123
Well kinda, but that is just theory of mine. Games always first come out in Japan to make sure it's a good game, and they sell it elsewhere. If it doesn't get good "reviews" they don't import it (N64DD), if it's good they sell it next where the franchise is more popular, so they still get "good reviews" , and then sell it last region, with money in they're pocket.

Well kinda, but that is just theory of mine. Games always first come out in Japan to make sure it's a good game, and they sell it elsewhere. If it doesn't get good "reviews" they don't import it (N64DD), if it's good they sell it next where the franchise is more popular, so they still get "good reviews" , and then sell it last region, with money in they're pocket.
Well yeah, it'll originate in Japan in most cases because that's where Nintendo came from :p But yeah, your theory makes sense.

Not only that, but people in Japan have really weird taste in games. :p They KNOW whats gonna sell, and what won't, only because of people from Japan. :p But still your reason is still better :p

Not only that, but people in Japan have really weird taste in games. :p They KNOW whats gonna sell, and what won't, only because of people from Japan. :p But still your reason is still better :p
yeah, although my reasoning only really applies to Nintendo. Microsoft, on the other hand, if I remember correctly is based in the United States so games like CoD are released in Japan much later. Long story short, everything's better in Japan :p

too bad it's kind of a gimmick right now. :/ I want Iwata for Nintendo of Europe president! Or Miyamoto! They rock!

lol I wouldn't count on it. Both of them are Japanese, and in any case why would Iwata want to demote himself to Nintendo of Europe president when he is president of Nintendo overall :p

IDON'TCAREIWANTIWATAANDMIYAMOTOTODELIVERGAMESTOMYHOUSE!

Reactions: ShinyLatios
IDON'TCAREIWANTIWATAANDMIYAMOTOTODELIVERGAMESTOMYHOUSE!
Or if only you had someone as epic as Reggie over in Europe....now THAT I'm sure you wouldn't mind either :p

I kinda don't like Reggie, actually.

I kinda don't like Reggie, actually.
Wait, are you serious? He's like a god when it comes to Nintendo E3 events. His body is ready :p

I'm totally serious. :p I like Iwata and others much more.

Any particular reason why? I mean, for me, Reggie is a major reason why the Nintendo E3 showcases are epic. He and Iwata are amazing.

I don't know. He's amazing at marketing, but still, I think he's getting to much attention for just talking and promoting games.

I don't know. He's amazing at marketing, but still, I think he's getting to much attention for just talking and promoting games.
Well, he IS the President of Nintendo of America :p So his received attention isn't too surprising.

That's what I was talking about. President of Nintendo of America? Guy that promotes games? Iwata is at least PROGRAMMING GENIUS!

That's what I was talking about. President of Nintendo of America? Guy that promotes games? Iwata is at least PROGRAMMING GENIUS!
Being President of Nintendo of America means he's in charge of the Nintendo related operations in North America. It kinda is a big deal xD Although yeah, I will give you the fact that Iwata is a programming genius haha

I don't know. I might missing some important detail. But still like Japan nintendo headquarters more.

Well, you know how this all works, right? Nintendo is a huge company so it's somewhat fragmented into different sectors. You've got Nintendo of Japan, where it started, and then you've got Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe. Iwata is the overall president of Nintendo, but you've got people like Reggie looking over the individual sectors.

Back