Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch Giveaway

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really confused watching the Inkling, because we got Splatoon less than a year ago. I was so confused, then the Smash Ball came up. Also BoTW Link looks REALLY cool.
I feel like it might be a Deluxe (Kinda like MK8) version but idk. I don't have a switch but I mean, still cool.

Stuff's about to go down.

Reactions: superwill123
for me when i saw the direct i was hoping for the new fire emblem game to be shown but no luck, im still happy that smash switch was confirmed and other games like no more heroes, luigi's mansion and bowser's inside story im also hoping that with this we get some new characters along with the inklings like travis from no more heroes and one of the belmonts from castlevania

Me, before the direct:
They are going to end the direct with either FE16, Smash 5 or Pokemon Switch, with descending probability

During direct with my brother:
(Screen goes black)
(Inklings appear)
Me: Yep, is Smash I knew it I am a genius
Also Inkling in smash nice
Brother: wat?
(It was actually smash)
Me: *laughs histerically*

yeah like i said before i was spoiled for the direct cause i decided to look at the comments, anyways so i was just watching the whole thing wondering when smash would show up and than at the end i saw the inklings fighting so i thought was this it. and than the inkling turned around and i saw the smashball in the inklings eye and i was like Oh Yeah. and than after that we saw some of the cast in the background and than we saw Botw Link and mario and i was excited :D

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it was another Splatoon game at first, but then I was like. "wait a minute, Splatoon 2 just came out already recently?" Then I saw the symbol I jumped with excitement ranting to my friends about the new Smash Bros game. We all celebrated by play Smash Online and created a Hype Train all night. ;)

By the time I heard them say one more announcement I only thought one thing: Smash. Now when I saw the inklings I thought it was the perfect Segway into smash from the splatoon news. When it was actually shown I still freaked out, an the 2018 felt better than ever.

Reactions: SmashChamp
Meh, so far my expectations are pretty low. I mean, good multiplayer game, yes, but why aren't they putting another SSE when that was so popular?

I was hyped about the octo expansion and laughed about how Nintendo always seems to do the “one more thing we forgot.”
I completely expected the inklings to jump into a 3ds for a remake (which was what mario did for the sm4sh 3ds trailer so I guess I subconsciously knew) the fight went longer than expected so I started thinking maybe they would put it on switch cus the trailer looks so good...
The chills down your spine...
Mario and link are very intimidating.
Im ready.

I'm so excited for what should be the best smash to date, seeing that symbol was amazing! the rumors are driving me mad, I just can't wait !!

I honestly thought it was just new Splatoon news at first. I was confused because we had already gotten some, so I was guessing 3ds port, which seemed weird and impractical. The shortness of the trailer was both shocking and expected. You see new characters entering, some silhouettes, and then the title. It was pretty amazing tbh and if the rest of the trailers were anything like Sm4sh, it's gonna be lit.

I do doubt that the 2018 release date is gonna last long. If all the 2018 dates hold out though, the end of this year is gonna be BIG for Nintendo. I mean, Prime 4, Pokémon, and a new Smash? My wallet's already killing me, it'll need life support if that happens.

We now have an official launch date for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so we have an end date for this giveaway too. It's December 7th 2018. I'll most likely let Robit do the draw and announce the winner before.

Reactions: Mikaya, Starry Windy, Kadaj and 3 others
I know for a fact I’m not gonna win this

It's around 1 to 40, you have a chance.

Reactions: Marc, Samster and AricAttack
I know for a fact I’m not gonna win this
@Amit0603 is right. I mean, look at me! haven't won a single contest on this site, and I'm still trying, aren't I? Just believe in yourself. You have just as much of a chance as everyone else. :cool:

Reactions: AricAttack
@Amit0603 is right. I mean, look at me! haven't won a single contest on this site, and I'm still trying, aren't I? Just believe in yourself. You have just as much of a chance as everyone else. :cool:
I’ve won things from you though :sneaky:

I’ve won things from you though :sneaky:
Exactly! You always have a chance, even if it doesn’t seem like it. :D

Reactions: AricAttack
I mean, everyone has a chance. That's just RNG lol. Probably best to keep your hopes low though ;)

I'm so going to win this!!! Do not underestimate me. :eyes2:

I shall be looking forward to my copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate coming to me on the 7th day of the month of December, in the year of 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw the trailer I was like alright guys we've already played Smash 3DS/Wii U this is just going to be nice and small like Melee with the mechanics of the titles changing so incrementally (aside Melee being super technical) that this one probably won't even matter. I've played most of the titles already so I don't need another one and I don't play Splatoon so why get it. I don't even have a Switch and I can still use the 3DS version fine. Then when the E3 trailer came around I saw they added back every character I was missing and I was like alright I can play as Pichu, Squirtle, and Wolf, but with new mechanics this one might be worth my money but then I saw Sukapon as an assist trophy and now I wanna wait for a Joy Mech Fight game and skip Smash altogether. So that's my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back