Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch Giveaway

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a interesting video my thoughts tho were ok cool hope it’s better than the 3ds version that ended up boring me and I only play rarely ....I’m also wondering what new characters they will have that we hAvnt seen.
doesn’t the game have Ridley in it?

Reactions: Samster
doesn’t the game have Ridley in it?
Yep, and don't forget about Princess Daisy, too.

Reactions: Mikaya, Samster and AricAttack
I was suprised when inkling and ridley were announced as playable and everybody is returning I repeat everybody

So I just watched the trailer and even tho I knew it was smash bc of this topic, I could totally see how Nintendo loves to try and trick viewers right away. If I saw the direct when it was live, it would definitely want me to prepare to get the game.

Short answer: I want it NOW!

Take my wallet nintendo!(even if it's empty ;.;)

Right when I saw the Inkling I was basically screaming my head off. Then when it showed the Smash Ball I was so happy! So hyped for the game :D

Entry:
When I watched the Direct, I was actually watching a Twitch streamer's reaction of it. I saw the Inklings, and thought Splatoon 1, remastered or Splatoon Deluxe edition or, I dunno. But then in the reflection of the eye, when we saw the Smash logo, I thought a new Smash game. Even though it's just a Deluxe/Ultimate edition, I was happy to see it. Especially when we saw the Link from BoTW standing there. It was then I knew they at least were putting more content in!
I can't wait!

Entry:
When I watched the Direct, I was actually watching a Twitch streamer's reaction of it. I saw the Inklings, and thought Splatoon 1, remastered or Splatoon Deluxe edition or, I dunno. But then in the reflection of the eye, when we saw the Smash logo, I thought a new Smash game. Even though it's just a Deluxe/Ultimate edition, I was happy to see it. Especially when we saw the Link from BoTW standing there. It was then I knew they at least were putting more content in!
I can't wait!
It is a sequel.
Not the Ultimate edition.
The game is named ultimate.
It is the next game in the franchise.

Reactions: Traidable and AricAttack
It is a sequel.
Not the Ultimate edition.
The game is named ultimate.
It is the next game in the franchise.
Good to know! I hadn't read much about it.
I was thinking it was a sequel from the day it had 'Name Subject To Change'. But when they announced 'Ultimate' as part of the name, I made an assumption!

It's finally coming, ohhhhhh boy!:nailbiting:
I bet squidkids will have an interesting moveset :woot::woot::woot:
Fingers crossed for a good roster and I can't wait!

My original reaction to the trailer was of shock, because I thought that they were just porting Splatoon 1 to the switch, and I was kind of disappointed, because I had been hoping for either a Pokemon Announcement, or Smash. Then, when the lights started fading, I got really excited! When it finally came out as Smash, I was freaking out with all of my friends.

First saw the trailer live in the direct, got existed about more splatoon stuff, then it was clear it was about Smash. Friends around me where hyped to hell and back and I just kinda stepped away from it. Through all the gameplay trailers, and all the big streams where it's just been smash, smash and more smash I was getting pretty tired about it.

For me, Smash has always been a game that's fantastic to play with friends, but not very great to watch or play on your own. I played the heck out of my 3DS version of it when I had friends to play it with and I loved it, but then fell out of it after people stopped playing it with me and I played it on my own for a while. Fast forward to the switch version, I got to play it last weekend and I can confirm that it's goddamn fun as all heck.

From all the hype about it here, and a fair amount of my friends constantly going on about it, I can safely assume that if I do ever end up getting a copy of it, it'd be well worth it. Since the Switch is more couch-game friendly too, might be fun while I'm out with friends IRL so that we can play together on it. It's gonna be a full priced game though which is the only downside to me, and I've got a very low chance of winning this lol, but eh, good luck to all :)

Reactions: Samster, Traidable, Starry Windy and 1 other person
First of all, I guess I must confess I have never played any version of Super Smash Bros so far.
I came across this title (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) a while before the Direct video was released, and. after watching said video, vivdly started searching for gameplay videos and info regarding previous titles of the franchise, have instantly become ashamed of never playing the game before and got myself a first class ticket aboard the hype train.
In my humble opinion, I believe this game will be nothing short of a gem. I can't wait for December to come!

Reactions: Shiny
i was happy to see the new characters revealed for smash ultimate and the many videos about the game.
i looked forward to the games teasers and trailers as i enjoy watching reaction videos to popular games like smash bros , pokemon.
videos about these games are very intresting to watch , it lets me know something is on the way and gives me something fun to look forward to in the future.

it helps take my mind off of the troubles going on in my life and helps me get through them one day at a time , by keeping my mind away from thoughts that would keep me up at night.

super smash bros , senran kagura series , puyo puyo series , hyperdimension neptunia series , etrian odyssey series , 7th dragon series , pokemon series are some of the games series that are fun and bring me into my zen zone of calmness , especially when played in conjuction with listening to relaxing music , that also is good for practice in the game.

super smash bros games have a lot of longevity.
they are games along with puyo puyo and mario kart games that ome would pick up to play every now and then even after geting all characters , unlocking everything and 100% the games.
even the games with no online like super smash bros melee and super smash bros brawl are fun to play , i still have those games , even though i no longer have a gamecube or a wii as i had to sell them along with most of my games due to hard times.

smash bros ultimate and smash bros melee will have long lasting presence in local and major tornaments and most likely in esports down the line along with overwatch and puyo puyo tetris and puyo puyo 20th anniversary and pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon in japan.

these games are a way to test how good i am at the games against others who also like the game.
while i am by no means someone who is a professional to be in the top 10 or even top 10000 players of puyo games , pokemon games or smash bros games , i liked since the nintendo ds era about the games is that they have wifi in that i can have the blessing of battling against someone from other parts of the world as long as i am blessed to have the game , system and internet connection to play online.

in the past i would get smash bros game close to or on release , but times have changed so i am not in a position to do so.
the same with lets go pikachu and eevee , i want eevee version but it is not possible for me to get either game this year , if i am lucky i might be in a position to get either smash ultimate or lets go eevee around the time next year when pokemon 2019 news/leaks start showing up at the soonest...
these days i am blessed to just be able to watch other people play the games and to view reviews for the games that i am intrested in/would like to play.

i am a calm person who does not pass out from excitement or glee of the sight and or news pf something i love in gaming or anime or art or tech getting a new reveal/teaser/news/leak like some youtubers and videos on youtube of people who looked like they might have a seizure or stroke from how much excitement is exploding from their very being.
my excitement comes from the charm of getting to know something intreging about the gameplay , like learning a new technique with a favorite character , or a combination of moves or a stratagy that enables one to hone their skills and rise up in the rankings to eventually become a skilled enough player to have a chance of defeating greats like ZeRo in smash bros ultimate or amamiyataiyo in puyo tetris/puyo chronicle/puyo 20th anniversary/ the new puyo esports game that a leak revealed was coming out sometime next year.

i am blessed to be alive, to have made it this far to be around for 5 smash bros games releases.
there are many people in this world who was not so lucky ,like those for example who perished almost 1 year ago in the bahamas and the nearby islands from the chain of 3 hurricanes/major hurricanes , and this in japan from the recent typhoons/super typhoons that affected people and took lives recently this year and last year.

then there is laurence who is heading for the carolinas in less than 2 days from now which will bring historic flooding , hopefully no one passes away from this storm , but there are people who are riding the strom out because either they can not find a place to stay, or can not afford to leave for various reasons.

i am glad that i found out about this site and that it exists.
it is a nice website with good loading speeds.
it has kind and helpful users and this is a relaxing site to chat with others.
keep a eye out on the tropics and the seismic activity , just to be aware so you guys can be as safe as possible and that natural events do not completely catch you off guard and ruin your good times due to being unaware.
like preordering a game and having it to be sent to you around when a powerful storm comes along , which the risk is that the game not arriving due to the storm causing the vehicle with the game to be affected by the storm which may result in not getting the game and having to order it again , which is rare , but stranger things happen in this world and universe.

smash bros ultimate is a game coming out soon , and many are eager to preorder or to buy it now/when it comes out.
but it is often less stressful if one waits some more before buying the game.
smash bros brawl was hard to locate a copy in store for a few months after it came out , as it was frequently sold out.
for those people who want the physcial version of the game , it may be a good idea ti wait a few extra months after the game comes out. that way you are more likely to come across the game without any fuss over supply and demand , and if stores around you are sold out around that time , it should be easier to find out over the phone before heading out to the stores by calling them , hopefully by then it should not be as diffucult to get someone on the phone at a bestbuy,walmart , target or gamestop/ebgames to ask if they have smash bros ultimate in stock.
that way if your local stores have no copies in stock you do not have to waste the time to go to the stores and can instead order from amazon.com , playasia.com or by ordering the game over the phone by calling ncsxshop 718-888-1189 "ncsxshop is a store located in new york city that is open from 10am eastern standard time/est until 6pm est monday - friday , closed weekends and holidays and new years eve and new years day and a few days after new years day"
by waiting a little longer than desired maybe you might be able to buy smash bros ultimate at a cheaper price either in stores or online.
also by buying later you do not have to wait for a update/patch for any potential issues that may exist for day1 players and those who got the game early/review copies and for those who got the game for christmas/birthday if their birthday is in december.

i am not very good at smash bros , but i would like to have the honor of sparing with you guys in smash Bros ultimate in the future whenever possible , depending on when we are both free to play smash ultimate online during our busy lives.

for anyone here who has family and friends in the east coast of united states of america , hawaii and japan i wish allof you the best and that you will all get through these challenging times safely.
those in europe , watch out for heliene , that tropical system might be headimg your way , be safe everyone and god bless.

Reactions: Traidable
hopefully I'm still allowed to enter?
I missed the Nintendo Direct, unfortunately- I wish I could have seen it- but I heard about the trailer through the internet, so I went and watched it. The trailer was absolutely beautiful, and I was so happy that a Smash Bros game was coming to the Switch! Not much was revealed in the trailer, so I was really hyped for them to come out with some more info, like which characters would be in it; you can imagine how I felt later, when they revealed that every character was coming back.

Reactions: Starry Windy
Honestly I knew this was coming when i first saw the trailer. The inklings have their splat 1 design and they were not doing splat 3 yet, to me the more surprising stuff came way afterwards and I'm not just talking about how every character is returning. I mean how Ridley and King K. Rool are now in smash, which I never saw coming. However what was actually cool about it is that while watching the trailers I totally called it lol. As soon as I saw that tail in the Ridley trailer I knew exactly who it was and as soon as I saw Donkey and Diddy in the treehouse I figured it was King K. Rool. But those two reveal trailers had me blown away because those were two characters that I never ever expected to see in smash, so you know what that means. Screw waluigi (I hope he never gets in tbh) and steve from minecraft, banjo-kazooie for smash baby! Come on Nintendo please make it happen, I would go crazy if it did.

Honestly I knew this was coming when i first saw the trailer. The inklings have their splat 1 design and they were not doing splat 3 yet, to me the more surprising stuff came way afterwards and I'm not just talking about how every character is returning. I mean how Ridley and King K. Rool are now in smash, which I never saw coming. However what was actually cool about it is that while watching the trailers I totally called it lol. As soon as I saw that tail in the Ridley trailer I knew exactly who it was and as soon as I saw Donkey and Diddy in the treehouse I figured it was King K. Rool. But those two reveal trailers had me blown away because those were two characters that I never ever expected to see in smash, so you know what that means. Screw waluigi (I hope he never gets in tbh) and steve from minecraft, banjo-kazooie for smash baby! Come on Nintendo please make it happen, I would go crazy if it did.

YES! Finally someone who doesn't want waluigi!

I guess just remove me from this? I won’t be able to respond at the time this ends anyway. Disappointing, but im 100% gonna buy it anyway so it isn’t that big a deal.

Reactions: Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back