Breath of the Wild The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Thread starter Flarence
  • Start date
Too bad it isn't actually coming out in 2014 :( as far as we've heard its practically a fact its coming out in 2015 sometime. I'm actually considering to get a Wii U just so I can play this game! By the looks of it, its going to have skyward sword like graphics (but in more HD of course) and is going to be a huge game! Check out the trailer if you haven't seen it yet!

Really Excited about the new Zelda U! Ii love the new graphics and even the way Epona looks now! But the best part has to be the fact of how ginormous the open world is! I'm looking forward to making long journeys from dungeon to dungeon on the new Hyrule field!

Reactions: WiiU0779
Well, Mr. Aonuma finally gives us information about this supposedly "female Link" in an interview with Kotaku, and to be honest, it's a bit confusing, the interview is really long, so I'll just post a short piece of it below:
download.png

You can find the entire interview here. Let me know what you think!
It makes me cringe a bit Mr. Aonuma seems to be still closed up to the idea that a girl gamer may not relate herself as much as a male gamer with Link being a male protagonist while expressing his desire for people not seeing the boy in blue exactly as Link but rather as the player.

He wants to see how girls react to Hyrule Warrior female characters before considering it while ignoring HY is a different type of game and the way girls react to that one doesn't necessarily represent how would they react to a female version of Link in a Zelda game. Now, I am not saying I want a Linkette, simply that his explanation doesn't really convince me.

That said, I think Link has enough presence of his own that very few gamers see him like say, the villager, he is a defined character.

About voice. I am not sure what to think, personally I don't really mind the way it is.

All this information is getting me hyped. I've been extremely curious about this game ever since its little trailer. Hopefully we'll be seeing a release soon! I could go for hours on end of dungeon explorations. The graphics and content are probably packed to the max at this point.

Ever since I had first heard of Zelda Wii U, I was sold! It sounds like it will make the top of all Wii U games. No online multiplayer sounds good too. Ocarina of Time had no multiplayer, and look how it turned out. It's now a famous Nintendo classic,but that's not the point. The point is that Nintendo sounds like they've been going all out to make this the best Zelda game yet!

Ever since I had first heard of Zelda Wii U, I was sold! It sounds like it will make the top of all Wii U games. No online multiplayer sounds good too. Ocarina of Time had no multiplayer, and look how it turned out. It's now a famous Nintendo classic,but that's not the point. The point is that Nintendo sounds like they've been going all out to make this the best Zelda game yet!

Wind Waker HD had online, in the form of Tingle bottles.

Since the Dungeons are going to be extremely long, at least im hoping that they keep them entertaining. I dont want another water temple!

Wind Waker HD had online, in the form of Tingle bottles.
Yeah, but that is not online multiplayer. It's not multiple characters running around in the same place.

I think that Zelda 2015 will be the one game that will make all the Wii U doubters get a Wii U just for it. It will be the Skyrim of Nintendo. It will fix all the crap that Skyward Sword unleashed and will bring a whole new group of Zelda fans to the series. it will be huge. I don't even LIKE Zelda games and I think that its going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

cant wait for it to come out hope there be alot of bosses more bosses then any other zelda game had i wonder if it will tell us how the triforce was broken into 3 pieces also fighting ganondorf over and over again is getting kind of old hope there be a new final boss

looks awsome so far just need to fix link cause right now he looks like a girl in the trailer and hes missing his usual tunic...oh well still looks great though cant wait seriously i have the patience of a child

I'm a huge Zelda fan but damn, the new Link looks bad! He's so girly-looking (I mean, he was a touch on the feminine side in previous games but now he's a straight up female!).

Link looking like a girl aside, I'm excited for the game. I love the open-world environment of a Link to the past/between worlds and I'm glad that there'll be a revamp of the puzzles and dungeons. Is it safe to say that the lighting torches/blowing out the flames on torches puzzles are a thing of the past? I hope so!

I read a news where Aounma said that this zelda is inspired by japanese old anime.

Personally, I hope it takes place in New Hyrule. (from spirit tracks) I really liked the lore of that particular incarnation. If it does take place in New Hyrule, I hope it ties in the whole Locomos/Malladus/Light spirits lore with the timeline. In short, I really have high hopes for this Zelda game.

Okay, so I decided to poke around for more information from other sites. Keep in mind that theses are honestly, uncomfirmed Rumours. These rumours come from wiiudaily.com, zeldauniverse.net, as well as wikipedia sites. They're not reliable information sources but it's interesting to see and hear what's possibly happening with the game.

(I wanted to state that in case; because I won't be plagiarizing or anything x)

MORE INFO:

The game is possibly a sequel to Twilight Princess in it's story line, respectively.

Zelda Wii U has been displayed as a way to show off the technology of the Wii U and is a major backbone for thirdparty developers, as it shows both the Wii U's power and innovation.
I feel like the second rumor probably isn't true, as the Wii U already has some titles showing off the capabilities of the system. (Nintendoland, Game & Wario, ect.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really know what to think about, the first time I saw the trailer I was left with my mouth wide open for almost ten minutes without being able to utter a word. I like the idea of it being a kind of a "sandbox" but at the same time I fear we don't get stucked in one place and turns it impossible to advance.

I think that Zelda games appeal to me so much mainly bcause od the musical aspect of it Twilight Princess has some of the best composed musical songs fitting darkness in perfectly with beauty as well. Windwaker had great composed music as well but nothing compares to Twilight Princess in terms of composition. The visual art behind it seems so much mature even when compared to Ocarina of Time.

Zelda Ocarina of Time is still my favorie game if we are simply talking playability. However, TP definitly pushed boundaries especially in terms of Link's fighting style.

The DS versions of zelda are pretty interesting...as far as replayability that's a bit sketchy although the new zelda for 3ds seems promising with its 2d/3d style that made he gba experiences of Zelda so great in the first place. Zelda Skyword sword seemed interesting as well but I am really looking forward to a mature zelda game that I feel will be put out on the WII U soon. But instead of remakes, I want the 3ds to have its own version of 3d Zelda games.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8 KB · Views: 0
I'm really excited because they brought back the sailcloth and the horse, Epona.
It's amazingly big map, so much exploring to do. ( I love exploring in LOZ )
That's why i'm excited for the new one
Games I want on the Wii U
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
and...... I don't really know, but I hope they keep up the boss battle style

This will be one of the biggest zelda games. It sure would be a great seller for the wii u as well. Just like skyward sword was for the wii

Back