Breath of the Wild The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Thread starter Flarence
  • Start date
Sad news everybody! :(
Aonuma Says Zelda Wii U Likely Not Releasing in 2015

It's not good that don't release in 2015. But for more ideas and more gamepad i can wait.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior and AlphaMagi
It's not good that don't release in 2015. But for more ideas and more gamepad i can wait.
True...very true...

Reactions: kirby1993
Frankly, I think the creator is actually trying to buy time for the creation of the game. The game was probably more complex to create and he wanted the fans to believe they were adding extras that were already planned before in order to keep fans hooked.

Possible, but in my opinion, I don't think that's the case.

We're talking about Nintendo, a really conservative company in it's essence. It's probable that ideas that were bounced are now suddenly greenlit because of the positive feedback they've been getting with the recent changes they're making. I am able to believe that they are taking longer because of new features.

Doesn't mean I dislike the wait, though.

Aye, it won't release until 2016, which irritates me. First they 2014, then 2015, and now 2016? I hope they don't have any more delays... But, apparently they had a awesome idea and are gonna do that, so, maybe it will be AWESOMER

Okay, so I think I'll start a thread for the unnamed Zelda title that is acclaimed to appear for the Wii U in 2014 for those people who are possibly interested in the game. As most of here know, the Zelda franchise is not only huge to Nintendo as one of their first-class games, but it's also a major iconic symbol to many gamers alike.

I will be adding concrete details more and more as I run across them, so I suggest that people stay tuned if you're interested in finding out more about this game. I'll be adding a few interesting details from this point out. ~

DEVELOPMENT:
Development of Zelda Wii U is in the very early conceptual phase. As far as we know, no story or art style have been decided yet, and they're still experimenting with what kind of gameplay experience the Wii U can offer. Outside of inner tech demos shown to other companies, we basically know nothing of the new Zelda except rumours, so why not share a few? =3

• Wii U Zelda has the biggest development team ever. They got hundreds of people working on the new Wii U Zelda game. It's a 4-year development cycle with a new console, new technology, new engine etc. It'll end up being the most expensive game they've made to date.
  • About the same amount of dungeons as previous Zelda games, but these will be vastly bigger in scope and will be totally different from each other. Some dungeons are so big they're broken up in 3 parts and will literally take hours to complete. The Wii U Zelda game will also have mini-games and side quests, but these are still on the drawing board. Finally, the game's composers are creating a brand new orchestral soundtrack with "hours of music".
  • No online multiplayer, but will have online features. Online multiplayer was never on the drawing board, they're sticking with the tried and tested Zelda formula. It'll have some online features like Miiverse and some sort of system where players can leave hints and help each other in the dungeons.

I have also heard that the game has been delayed. Also, for some reason the zelda wii u main character seems to be left handed, which is different from the other main characters. Rumors have also spread to say that the main character of Zelda Wii U is not Link, but someone else.

I would liek to see Zelda Will U even though I don't have a Will U :p I like that the Will U has a bigger screen and slightly better stability and stuff. I think that Zelda on it would be nice because it would look so beautiful :D and Will U only users need to experince the love of Zelda games on their Will U! :hug:

Well then, a delay is ok. The game can be the ultimate zelda game for the wii u then. I think it will be delayed to early 2016 instead, maybe mid 2016. I am not a legen of zelda lover but this game looks so amazing I tell you, I am in love with it! For now, they need to announce something at E3, maybe a new, traditional 3d mario game. That would hold us off for a bit and that would be the perfect antidote for the delay.

Okay, so I think I'll start a thread for the unnamed Zelda title that is acclaimed to appear for the Wii U in 2014 for those people who are possibly interested in the game. As most of here know, the Zelda franchise is not only huge to Nintendo as one of their first-class games, but it's also a major iconic symbol to many gamers alike.

I will be adding concrete details more and more as I run across them, so I suggest that people stay tuned if you're interested in finding out more about this game. I'll be adding a few interesting details from this point out. ~

DEVELOPMENT:
Development of Zelda Wii U is in the very early conceptual phase. As far as we know, no story or art style have been decided yet, and they're still experimenting with what kind of gameplay experience the Wii U can offer. Outside of inner tech demos shown to other companies, we basically know nothing of the new Zelda except rumours, so why not share a few? =3

• Wii U Zelda has the biggest development team ever. They got hundreds of people working on the new Wii U Zelda game. It's a 4-year development cycle with a new console, new technology, new engine etc. It'll end up being the most expensive game they've made to date.
  • About the same amount of dungeons as previous Zelda games, but these will be vastly bigger in scope and will be totally different from each other. Some dungeons are so big they're broken up in 3 parts and will literally take hours to complete. The Wii U Zelda game will also have mini-games and side quests, but these are still on the drawing board. Finally, the game's composers are creating a brand new orchestral soundtrack with "hours of music".
  • No online multiplayer, but will have online features. Online multiplayer was never on the drawing board, they're sticking with the tried and tested Zelda formula. It'll have some online features like Miiverse and some sort of system where players can leave hints and help each other in the dungeons.
i just know that there is majora's mask for Wii U

I really hope its will be a great game. Too bad its for the Wii U.(I dont have one)

when zelda wii u is released if they include tingle in the game I hope they make him less creepier and not greedy like in the other zelda games.
also I hope Midna returns in zelda wii u she is so cute and I just started playing zelda twilight princess on windows 8 on the dolphin Gamecube emulator I really like that link can transform into a freaking wolf that so awsome XD

Zelda wiiu is amazing and looks great with its breath taking views and awesome graphics. Now we can see link in action on 1080p this is gonna be an amazing Zelda experience. Can't wait!
This will be one Zelda cmewe shall never forget

As a Zelda Fan, I think Nintendo said that the Zelda U will be an open world and the mechanics will return to its first game, where you can pick any dungeon in any order, what I'm worried is that how will the story be plotted if you can play differently. I don't want it to be like A Link Between Worlds where the cutscenes shows Hilda counting down of how many sages will I save... I want more story telling in this game, just like Skyward Sword

I don't think that the rumor in the original post was true. To me it seems like educated guessing rather than legit info with a valid source (Like, of course this will be the biggest Zelda yet). I hope some of it is true though, like the huge dungeons.

As a Zelda Fan, I think Nintendo said that the Zelda U will be an open world and the mechanics will return to its first game, where you can pick any dungeon in any order, what I'm worried is that how will the story be plotted if you can play differently. I don't want it to be like A Link Between Worlds where the cutscenes shows Hilda counting down of how many sages will I save... I want more story telling in this game, just like Skyward Sword
I'd want a decent story too. The main Zelda games have always had an actual plot starting with A Link to the Past, it would be a step back in my view to downscale it. One good example of it is Super Mario 3D World. Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1/2 are "real" 3D, and 3D World doesn't have that.

I wasn't really following what was going on with this game because I didn't have a Wii U. After I got my console, I started to check some footage of the game, some gameplay and it really looks amazing. I can't wait to see more of this game really. I loved how the map was huge, and really liked the slow mo sequences when jumping and shooting arrows.

I have also heard that the game has been delayed. Also, for some reason the zelda wii u main character seems to be left handed, which is different from the other main characters. Rumors have also spread to say that the main character of Zelda Wii U is not Link, but someone else.

Link has always been left-handed, except for in the Wii games, this was changed due to a majority of people being right-handed, so they made using the wiimote easier.

On the topic of Zelda Wii U, I'm kind of excited for it, as it may be what pushes me to get a Wii U, on the other hand, saying that the dungeons could take several hours to solve/ are huge, I love the idea, but I really hope they don't feel dragged out, just for the sake of making a longer game.

I'm so excited for this game! It's one of the first open-world Zelda games (not counting Wind Waker) This game looks gorgeous! I just hope that the map will be big and it won't take long to travel from one end to another. I just can't wait for all the hidden secrets and boss. !!!!!!!!THE HYPE!!!!!!!

My god, the wait... I hope once Nintendo releases a nintendo direct soon. Nintendo needs to release more information about this game. If not, I think they want to wait till it is almost finished to release a trailer. I think nintendo wants to surprise us. Maybe some trailer at the end of the year that shows all the work that has been put into it and then putting a wii u bundle while making the wii u cheaper in 2016. This game is going to be amazing but who knows, it may not be that great either. We will have to wait.

Back