What is the scariest enemy in a Legend of Zelda game to you?

• Thread starter HuggableEevee
  • Start date
HuggableEevee

HuggableEevee

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Like the title says, in your opinion, what did you find as the scariest enemy(normal enemy/boss) in a Legend of Zelda game?

For me, it was Redeads. For anyone that knows what they are, I don't really need to say why. :eek:For those who don't, well consider yourself a bit lucky. :p

It wasn't an enemy, but the people converted into spiders in the Kakariko Village in Ocarina of Time scared the hell out of me at first, and me repeatedly slashing my sword at them and going, "Oh damn oh damn why the hell isn't it dying!?" :p

So, the spiders in the Deku Tree were somewhat scary, as well. And I like spiders.

Reactions: Marc
It wasn't an enemy, but the people converted into spiders in the Kakariko Village in Ocarina of Time scared the hell out of me at first, and me repeatedly slashing my sword at them and going, "Oh damn oh damn why the hell isn't it dying!?" :p

So, the spiders in the Deku Tree were somewhat scary, as well. And I like spiders.
Yea they were a bit eerie but also sad at the same time.

Which spiders? :p

Yea they were a bit eerie but also sad at the same time.

Which spiders? :p
The ones who turn their bellies towards you every once in a while, giving you a chance to kill them. The ones that hang from a height. The ones who crawl the walls are scary as hell too. I didn't have the sense to use my slingshot on them at first :p

The ones who turn their bellies towards you every once in a while, giving you a chance to kill them. The ones that hang from a height. The ones who crawl the walls are scary as hell too. I didn't have the sense to use my slingshot on them at first :p
Oh I see. Regular Skulltulas. I wasn't sure if you meant the gold variety, Gohma offspring, or Gohma herself. :p

Dead Hand
I can't help but tense during this miniboss. Just the helpless feeling while it takes its sweet time slowly getting closer to you and preparing its jaw for the bite.

The successors of Redeads in The Wind Waker were scarier to me, not that OoT's ones were not creepy as well, but in the Wind waker you can actually see the fear in Link and the big mouth reminds me of Dead Hand. It is like a double pack of nightmare fuel.

Reactions: Marc
I think the worst offender of scariest boss actually belongs to Blizzeta if you count the sequence before the fight part of the boss battle. >_<

I think the scariest enemy in a Legend of Zelda game is a ReDead. One time, when I was about five years old, I was playing Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64 late at night. I got to a temple, and a bunch of ReDeads were there... I got so scared that I shut down my Nintendo 64 and ran to my mom... It was a scary experience...

I remember when I was like 7, Redeads used to terrify me. So I guess them.

Although it's not really an enemy that'll attack you so much, the hand in Zant's Palace can be kinda creepy when you're playing through it the first time around. Basically, it holds a Sol and if you take it away it'll chase after you to retrieve it (the music that accompanies the hand doesn't help either. . .). You have to deal with two hands at two different points of the Palace of Twilight

Although it's not really an enemy that'll attack you so much, the hand in Zant's Palace can be kinda creepy when you're playing through it the first time around. Basically, it holds a Sol and if you take it away it'll chase after you to retrieve it (the music that accompanies the hand doesn't help either. . .). You have to deal with two hands at two different points of the Palace of Twilight
Ah you think Zant's Hand is creepy. Yea it is. It is a bit better than the Wallmasters since they don't drag you through the shadows to make you return to the start of the dungeon. At first I found the Shadow Beasts creepy at first but once I found out what they truly are, I felt sad for them.

Ah you think Zant's Hand is creepy. Yea it is. It is a bit better than the Wallmasters since they don't drag you through the shadows to make you return to the start of the dungeon. At first I found the Shadow Beasts creepy at first but once I found out what they truly are, I felt sad for them.
Well it isn't as creepy now as it used to be. But yeah, it's one of those elements that definitely justified the T-rating for Twilight Princess.

Yeah, but at least you get to free a bunch of them in the end at the Palace of Twilight.

Well it isn't as creepy now as it used to be. But yeah, it's one of those elements that definitely justified the T-rating for Twilight Princess.

Yeah, but at least you get to free a bunch of them in the end at the Palace of Twilight.
I forgot that Twilight Princess had a ESRB rating of Teen. :p Are you sure that Zant's Hand is one of the reasons for it?

I wouldn't really say a bunch of Twili. Maybe several but not a bunch.

I forgot that Twilight Princess had a ESRB rating of Teen. :p Are you sure that Zant's Hand is one of the reasons for it?

I wouldn't really say a bunch of Twili. Maybe several but not a bunch.
Zant's Hand isn't necessarily one of the major reasons for it, but it's a minor contributing factor imo. It's the overall theme and tone of the game that kinda makes it Rated T

Zant's Hand isn't necessarily one of the major reasons for it, but it's a minor contributing factor imo. It's the overall theme and tone of the game that kinda makes it Rated T
I guess that is true. Scary elements and other things. Oh well I think it was a fun game regardless of the rating. Majora's Mask creeped me out at first. It feels like it peers into you.

I can't remember any specific enemies that frightened me. Redeads did when I was younger, but I only remember that since I played OoT recently. I may have encountered something scarier before, but I just can't remember it. Well, I guess if I can't remember it, it must not have been too scary.

I guess that is true. Scary elements and other things. Oh well I think it was a fun game regardless of the rating. Majora's Mask creeped me out at first. It feels like it peers into you.
Yeah, I agree. Rating doesn't necessarily make a game fun or unfun by any means. It's all a matter of content.

Also yeah, Majora's Mask had a creepy theme revolving around it...

Yeah, I agree. Rating doesn't necessarily make a game fun or unfun by any means. It's all a matter of content.

Also yeah, Majora's Mask had a creepy theme revolving around it...
Yea but sadly there are people who would play games just because of its rating.

Yes it did but it also did have some things that lightened the mood some. For example, dancing ReDeads. :p

Honestly, it's not how the enemies look that is scary. What's more frightening to me are the noises some of them make, and the background music. That's the main reason I hate a lot of dungeons, the music makes them creepy.

Honestly, it's not how the enemies look that is scary. What's more frightening to me are the noises some of them make, and the background music. That's the main reason I hate a lot of dungeons, the music makes them creepy.
Do you think that the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time is creepy? I have heard a lot people hate that temple because the music there creeps them out.

Back