What is your favorite and least favorite Zelda boss?

• Thread starter linkof24
  • Start date
Well some of the new ones from A Link Between Worlds. :p I think Ghirahim was mentioned but I could be thinking of a different thread. Anyways why do you think that Ghirahim is an interesting enemy?
I think Ghirahim is an interesting enemy mainly because of the personality behind him. Also, I like how the first battle with him just toying with Link serves to help introduce the motion controls for the game

I think Ghirahim is an interesting enemy mainly because of the personality behind him. Also, I like how the first battle with him just toying with Link serves to help introduce the motion controls for the game
What? You like his sadistic and flamboyant personality? :p How does that battle introduce the motion controls for the entire game? I noticed that some things showed it sooner.

What? You like his sadistic and flamboyant personality? :p How does that battle introduce the motion controls for the entire game? I noticed that some things showed it sooner.

Yeah, his personality is hilarious, especially when he rages. Yes, some things showed it sooner, but this is a boss battle where you really have to have it nailed down if you want to be able to advance. With the previous battles, you may not have mastered it at the time.

Yeah, his personality is hilarious, especially when he rages. Yes, some things showed it sooner, but this is a boss battle where you really have to have it nailed down if you want to be able to advance. With the previous battles, you may not have mastered it at the time.
Well I think Zant was sorta the same way in Twilight Princess. :p It's wasn't that hard to get used to the motion controls but that is my opinion on the matter.

Well I think Zant was sorta the same way in Twilight Princess. :p It's wasn't that hard to get used to the motion controls but that is my opinion on the matter.
Yeah, I guess Zant was kinda like that. But with Ghirahim I think you see him a bit more often

It's not too hard to get used to it, but there was a point where I completely failed against Ghirahim to the extent I only had a heart left. It's not that the motion controls are hard, but using them right (as in, not being so obvious with where you're going to swing and all)

Yeah, I guess Zant was kinda like that. But with Ghirahim I think you see him a bit more often

It's not too hard to get used to it, but there was a point where I completely failed against Ghirahim to the extent I only had a heart left. It's not that the motion controls are hard, but using them right (as in, not being so obvious with where you're going to swing and all)
I guess that's true. :p

I think the battle with Ghirahim was just a bit a pain because of his jump strike(the attack where he jumps up and then tries to stab you from above).

I guess that's true. :p

I think the battle with Ghirahim was just a bit a pain because of his jump strike(the attack where he jumps up and then tries to stab you from above).
Well that isn't too much of a problem because all you have to do is sprint as soon as he does his jump strike move. Only issue is just turning back around again once he strikes, but even then it's not too bad.

Well that isn't too much of a problem because all you have to do is sprint as soon as he does his jump strike move. Only issue is just turning back around again once he strikes, but even then it's not too bad.
I know but it is hard during your first fight with him since you don't expect it. I think the second fight with him in the Fire Sanctuary is the hardest version of the fight. :p

I know but it is hard during your first fight with him since you don't expect it. I think the second fight with him in the Fire Sanctuary is the hardest version of the fight. :p
Yeah, the second fight with him is more complex than the Skyview Temple one. With that said though, it's clear that that battle was only "Level 2." "Level 3" is when you face him at the Sealed Grounds

Yeah, the second fight with him is more complex than the Skyview Temple one. With that said though, it's clear that that battle was only "Level 2." "Level 3" is when you face him at the Sealed Grounds
Well I found Ghirahim more challenging in the Fire Sanctuary than at the Sealed Grounds but that is my opinion on the matter. Which did you find more challenging?

Well I found Ghirahim more challenging in the Fire Sanctuary than at the Sealed Grounds but that is my opinion on the matter. Which did you find more challenging?
I personally didn't find him that challenging in each of the cases. Closest thing to challenging was the first one and that was just because I wasn't used the motion controls properly and was being to aggressive with the attacks.

Ah I see. Were you swinging too wildly at the time? :p I think you actually have to swing wildly on certain parts. For example, the part where Ghirahim holds that thick sword(even though he does change the direction of where it is facing sometimes :p).

Ah I see. Were you swinging too wildly at the time? :p I think you actually have to swing wildly on certain parts. For example, the part where Ghirahim holds that thick sword(even though he does change the direction of where it is facing sometimes :p).
Yeah, at the time I wasn't really good at controlling my aim and all that with the sword :p Not to mention I made it extremely obvious where I was going to strike.

Actually with that you DON'T want to swing wildly because if you hit in a direction where it doesn't count, it'll cancel the whole process and you have to try again. With many enemies you can swing wildly though

Ah I see. Did you have any difficulty with the Beetle? Oh how did you make it obvious on where you were going to strike with the sword?

Sometimes, he doesn't change the sword from vertically to horizontally or vice versa. :p

Ah I see. Did you have any difficulty with the Beetle? Oh how did you make it obvious on where you were going to strike with the sword?

Sometimes, he doesn't change the sword from vertically to horizontally or vice versa. :p
The beetle was easy to control. You know, it's because I wasn't really used to how easy it actually could be swung so I ended up overexaggerating the movements.

Yeah, he doesn't sometimes. But when he does...

The beetle was easy to control. You know, it's because I wasn't really used to how easy it actually could be swung so I ended up overexaggerating the movements.

Yeah, he doesn't sometimes. But when he does...
Ah I see. How did you control the bow? Oh I see. Have you done the Swordplay part of Wii Sports Resort?

Yes, yes I know. I know it resets if you don't get it all the way.

Ah I see. How did you control the bow? Oh I see. Have you done the Swordplay part of Wii Sports Resort?

Yes, yes I know. I know it resets if you don't get it all the way.
Bow was really easy to control. I kinda switch off on how I aim it, whether it be by moving the nunchuk or by holding down the A button. I tried it out one time as a demo thing, never actually got the game

My favorite boss was Volvagia (pfft that name) and my least favorite is a tie between, Bongo-Bongo, Morpha, and Ganon. My reasoning for that, Bongo-Bongo i thought was cool, but was a tedious fight, Morpha is just plain annoying, and Ganon, once i die in my file, i go to the colapsing tower part, which means i cant refill my bottle with a fairy, and i have no where to get more arrows, making the fight longer, but i did get the biggorons sword so its a litle faster.

Posessed lineback from ph and least favourite is the first boss from zelda I

Favorite: That boss in the tower of the gods in Wind waker (don't remember it's name). It has a head and two huge hands. That was one hell of a challenging boss, to say the least. It had so much stamina, so didn't go down very easily.

Least favorite: Bongo-bongo - Ugh, it wouldn't stay still for me to attack it! so annoying. xD

Back