What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
My favourites would be Pokemon Silver and XD. I have tried SoulSilver, but they totally changed Kanto, so it broke the good memories, and more, I still love the good, pixelated graphics from the Gameboy Color.

As for XD, it was a rare game for me. But it was totally worth it. Even after beating the game, I was trying to purify Lugia, and beating that kind of coliseum where you can't stop until having made 10 battles in a row.

i loved pokemon fire red as it was the first one i played since i was 4
i can't even believe how i managed to defeat the elite 4 when i was 4 -
i hardly knew how to read !?!?!?
And thats for GBA

but for DS it was Heart gold i loved the way they made the game with two regions - kanto and Johto
i hope they do stuff like this again merge regions
yeah, you're not the only one. To this day I really don't know how I managed to get through Pokemon Emerald so easily before. It's amazing how things change over time...

My favourites would be Pokemon Silver and XD. I have tried SoulSilver, but they totally changed Kanto, so it broke the good memories, and more, I still love the good, pixelated graphics from the Gameboy Color.

As for XD, it was a rare game for me. But it was totally worth it. Even after beating the game, I was trying to purify Lugia, and beating that kind of coliseum where you can't stop until having made 10 battles in a row.
I tried almost all , the word " almost all " meant not all :p I have not tried Pokemon DX yet and the Gale Of Darkness if thats what you call it , really want to play those pokemon games alot :L

I tried almost all , the word " almost all " meant not all :p I have not tried Pokemon DX yet and the Gale Of Darkness if thats what you call it , really want to play those pokemon games alot :L
The good thing with XD (and not DX) is the fact you can transfer with the Gen III cartridges. And you have more starters ! (I will spoil here, so if you want to play...) If you get the chance, try it, you won't regret it! As for Silver, you can find one in a good state for not too much

The good thing with XD (and not DX) is the fact you can transfer with the Gen III cartridges. And you have more starters ! (I will spoil here, so if you want to play...) If you get the chance, try it, you won't regret it! As for Silver, you can find one in a good state for not too much
I will , I may use the emulator to play the game as I do not have a GBA any more , I dont even have a gamecube xD :L want one though anyways im going to download the game on the emulator soon.

I will , I may use the emulator to play the game as I do not have a GBA any more , I dont even have a gamecube xD :L want one though anyways im going to download the game on the emulator soon.

Prepare 1.7GB on your hard drive, then, and think to have your graphic card updated. Gamecube emulation is resource expensive.

Prepare 1.7GB on your hard drive, then, and think to have your graphic card updated. Gamecube emulation is resource expensive.
Gamecube is that expensive ? I heard the games are really expensive it costed more than a 3DS game and why prepare 1.7 GB on my hard drive ? for the game is that how big the size of the file is.

Gamecube is that expensive ? I heard the games are really expensive it costed more than a 3DS game and why prepare 1.7 GB on my hard drive ? for the game is that how big the size of the file is.

A Gamecube game in France costed 40€, but I talked for the emulation. It requires a good computer. And for the 1.7 GB, it's the maximal size of a GameCube Game.

A Gamecube game in France costed 40€, but I talked for the emulation. It requires a good computer. And for the 1.7 GB, it's the maximal size of a GameCube Game.
I don't really have a good computer now only have a laptop that is currently 4 years old at the most , and its ram is only 1.9 GB , and it downloads like 1 GB stuff for 1 hour xD...

I don't really have a good computer now only have a laptop that is currently 4 years old at the most , and its ram is only 1.9 GB , and it downloads like 1 GB stuff for 1 hour xD...

Processor Speed and Graphic Card please ? Press "Windows" + R then type dxdiag, and you'll see those details.

When he says resource expensive, he means that it'll take up a lot of processing power and digital space for Gamecube emulation. Not actual cost. And he's right. I'm pretty sure a Gamecube ISO (that's basically the "ROM" in this case) takes up 1 GB of space.

When he says resource expensive, he means that it'll take up a lot of processing power and digital space for Gamecube emulation. Not actual cost. And he's right. I'm pretty sure a Gamecube ISO (that's basically the "ROM" in this case) takes up 1 GB of space.

Yes, that's what I meant. So, if you want to emulate a CD-based console (PSX, PS2, Wii, NGC), you'll need a good PC, and a good hard drive.

Yes, that's what I meant. So, if you want to emulate a CD-based console (PSX, PS2, Wii, NGC), you'll need a good PC, and a good hard drive.
yeah, and many PCs that aren't fairly recent aren't really good enough for that. And if it's this hard to emulate Gamecube and Wii, imagine how much harder it would be for 3DS and Wii U if they ever did that (although admittedly with Wii U you could just try with Gamepad alone with some games I guess)

yeah, and many PCs that aren't fairly recent aren't really good enough for that. And if it's this hard to emulate Gamecube and Wii, imagine how much harder it would be for 3DS and Wii U if they ever did that (although admittedly with Wii U you could just try with Gamepad alone with some games I guess)

I guess that for the 3DS and a WiiU, you would at least need a Dual-Core computer, and for the processor speed, you would need at least 2.0Ghz.
But actually, nobody tried to emulate a 3DS neither a WiiU, so, wee would need to wait a bit.

I guess that for the 3DS and a WiiU, you would at least need a Dual-Core computer, and for the processor speed, you would need at least 2.0Ghz.
But actually, nobody tried to emulate a 3DS neither a WiiU, so, wee would need to wait a bit.
Yeah, and to be honest it would be kinda hard to emulate, especially with Wii U. Obviously emulating the 3D effect is out of the question, but the fact is both systems are more powerful than the Wii....and in the case of Wii U, the computer would have to be able to project 1080p images for the big screen as opposed to the normal 480p images

Yeah, and to be honest it would be kinda hard to emulate, especially with Wii U. Obviously emulating the 3D effect is out of the question, but the fact is both systems are more powerful than the Wii....and in the case of Wii U, the computer would have to be able to project 1080p images for the big screen as opposed to the normal 480p images

Yeah, so it would additionally require a good graphic card, at least 1-2 Gb I think...

Yeah, so it would additionally require a good graphic card, at least 1-2 Gb I think...
yeah, probably....anyways, back to pokemon! Not sure if we went over this already, but which do you prefer? The console pokemon games or the handheld pokemon games?

Handheld for sure, since 90% of the consoles games were spin-offs.

Handheld for sure, since 90% of the consoles games were spin-offs.
Yeah, that's true. But some of the console games like XD: Gale of Darkness were legit. I think if they make a Pokemon game on Wii U though it'd look really awesome

Yeah, that's true. But some of the console games like XD: Gale of Darkness were legit. I think if they make a Pokemon game on Wii U though it'd look really awesome

XD for WiiU ! Or for the 3DS ! Or the next Hoenn remake for WiiU... The choice is quite hard...

Back