What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
My favorites are Platinum and Heart Gold

Pokemon Firered ftw!

I really liked Y, but I was let down by the endgame content. It felt a lot less than previous games.

My overall favourite is Crystal. It was basically the perfect game for me.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
My favorite Pokemon game that I've played is Pokemon Diamond. It introduced snow, a real-time clock thanks to the Nintendo DS (day/night), the GTS, Wi-Fi battles, and of course, the storyline was good.

I've played a couple of Mystery Dungeon games but I'm not a fan.

What is your favorite Pokemon game?
Pokemon crystal was favorite. Haha it was awesome. My older cousin had it and gave it to me. It gotme into pokemon

I also love sapphire, kyogre FTW

Well I'll say Colosseum/XD were good. As for spin-offs I'm not sure about the Pokemon TCG GBC games or Pokemon Ranger because I haven't played Ranger in a while and I don't have the TCG game. Red/Blue gets a mention because that was my first handheld Pokemon game and X/Y are okay, but they remind me of B/W because there's not much to do if you only pay attention to the key points of the games and not all the items. I liked X/Y because it felt easy to explore and I found most of the TMs without any help. Colosseum had the best content and new concept. Red/Blue (like the Gym Leader and Champion themes) had the best music of all the games next to the DS (D/P Battle Tower, Vs. Origin Giratina, Vs. Suicune, Vs. Ho-Oh, N's Castle, N's Farewell you name it) and GCN (Miror B. themes, Semifinal and Battle SIM, Final Battles against Cipher Head, Lugia) ones. Pokemon Ranger was the best spin-off (next to Pokemon Snap which would be neat for the 3DS/Wii U as well as Ranger). Not sure about Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, Typing, Dash, or Pokepark, Hey You Pikachu!, but they don't seem like the best. As for spin-off music I'm not sure if I'd prefer the TCG or Ranger because I haven't heard Ranger in a long time but I might remember the capture Entei music. For story, the GCN games were neat and B/W were just as good but less personality as the GCN games (and Red/Blue got the basic story down perfectly fine). Stadium 1, 2, and Revolution get mentions because you could battle Pokemon with other people in 3D and PBR had online matches but if Colosseum/XD had online it would have made it twice as good as any of them.

The winner of the "My Favorite Game Ever Award" goes to Colosseum, the innovative deck of cards.
For Spin-offs... You cannot compare them. They are too different but I'd say Ranger.

my favorite Pokémon game is RSE, that's when I participated in my first tournament and I loved everything about it. the people, Pokémon battles, everything! they even had trade centers for people with wireless adaptors :)

Idc. It's more than that.

Reactions: Reece
Idc. It's more than that.
I agree, even though Colosseum is classified as a "spin-off" I think it's more than that, the game was pre-eminen , and even though it's a spin-off it was an amazing game.

I didn't mention my favorite spin-off, so I guess Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team would be my favorite, :love:

Pokemon Emerald for me. I liked it much better than Ruby/Sapphire. There were many added features and I really enjoyed the game.

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
I have 2 favourites 1 being pokemon yellow. It was my very first pokemon so i didn't exactly have to chose like the rest of you i just got given my Pikachu that i loved. to be honest i would have perfered the Eevee but i was happy with a Pikachu back then. the game just brings back so many memouries and the old style battleing system and static-like music and the secret glitches just makes the game so much more unique and special to me.

My Second Favourite would have to be pokemon Diamond. Pokemon Diamond also was a massive impact on my life i loved the graphics and the audio was so lovely and i couldn't resist Chimchar as my starter. even as Infernape he was my right hand pal. i liked the underground system with the secret bases i had heaps of fun with friends down there however pokemon emearlds secret bases were far better in my option. The ball capsules were a great effect making your pokemon more unique to you and overall pokemon diamond was just a huge part of my childhood was a much bigger impact to me with pokemon then the over games besides pokemon yellow as i had played them all :3

Well I had a tough time deciding but I think I'll go for White 2. Emerald and White were close behind but the was so much post-game content in the games it was fabulous. The game had my favourite pokemon villian (Ghetsis), favourite characters (N), extremely good music (IMO) such as N's farewell, Credits theme, blah blah blah.

If I had to put the generations in order from favourite to least, it'd go like this:
(Includes remakes)
Gen 5> Gen3> Gen 4 = Gen 6

That said, In my opinion, all generations are awesome. Not one is bad.

Reactions: Eevee
My first game was Ruby, and Emerald is basically Ruby/Sapphire, but better, so I gotta go with Emerald. Plus, my first Pokemon was Treecko, and Emerald is like the Grass type of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Colosseum, XD Gale of Darkness, and Pokemon Snap.

Reactions: LavenderTownGhost
As of right now, Colosseum, Emerald, and X. I am positive Alpha Sapphire will take the lead on my list once it comes out, haha.

Pokemon Heart gold/Soul silver for me.
When I was a kid, I played gold with my elder cousin. It was his save file, but I learned how to play from watching him, and battling using his Pokemon, raising his in the process, lol.
But yeah, When HG/SS came out, I got a copy, and it was really nostalgic. The playtime for my SS is 450 hours, which I spent EV training and raising my Pokemon because I just learned what that was.
Needless to say, It was fun. Especially battling my cousin, who had HG.

My favorite Pokemon game had to be Pokemon Red. It was one of my first games ever for the Game Boy Color and it was my first ever Pokemon game. I remember spending countless hours trying to capture all of the Pokemon. After I finally completed the game I was a little lost. I was like, "I got all the Pokemon, now what do I do?" Still a lot of fun though.

Reactions: icewizard
My favorite Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Sapphire lol I played Red, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal back when I was really small lol But Sapphire really captured the experience from me lol From new modes like Pokemon Contests and even the old ones like Battle Tower, I really keeps me playing the game lol The pokemon getting redesigned is pretty cool when you played the game in 8-Bit lol Abilities really changed how the game was played too lol I remember hitting Gengar and Weezing with Earthquake back in Gen 1 but you can't do that anymore lol Anyways, Overall, Gen 3 is the Highlight of my Pokemon Career lol

My favourite pokemon game is pokemon emerald. It was just perfect game. i can't wait to play omega ruby or alpha sapphire.

Back