What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
My favorite is Platinium version

Pearl is the first Pokémon game I got, but X/Y has a lot of cool new stuff that I really like. So I can't really choose between the two.

My favourite Pokemon game is probably Pokemon ruby. I remember loving it and cannot wait for the re-release. Maybe I'll get sapphire to change it up in terms of legendary Pokemon as I do prefer kyogre over groudon

Seems to be a lot of newer players on here. Or maybe I'm just feeling old. :p

My favorite is still Crystal. It was in colour; you could travel to Kanto; had morning, day, evening and night; introduced the idea of time-based evolution and encounters; brought in dynamic sprites (which got removed then re-introduced); allowed you to capture both legendaries from the other two games without trading ... So many great things got brought in to the series back then that we sort of take for granted now.

I saved up to buy a GBC purely so I could get and play Crystal ... I still have the console and cart, although I had to replace the internal battery in the cart and the timing is shot on it so the day never progresses.

Reactions: Marc
i really like platium only cause when i have it i traded so much on it i have almost every pokemon and it also had my first attempts at ev training pokes

Soul silver is my favorite since they had two regions many legends and your pokemon follows and the challenge against Red

I may be an outlier but my favorite is Pokemon HeartGold. Usually I get bored with my Pokemon game a few days after I beat the elite four and champion (Which usually takes a week for me) but in this game, you still get a new region to explore. Why I prefer this over SoulSilver is the Pokemon you catch and the order you find the main legendaries in. GO HO-OH.

Pokemon X is my current favorite, though it may just be due to the polished feel. As for all time, Silver. It was the first one I really got into, and nothing triggers my nostalgia quite like that opening cinematic.

Silver or soul silver. Just like that region and gym leaders the best. Loved the apricot balls, Celebi is my fav legendary, and ability to get 16 badges.

Emerald and Fire Red were my favorite and are classic favorites for a lot of people, They were fun, simple, and way more eventful that the newer games in my opinion =P

Emerald was awesome too. Gotta admit. loved all the innovation from the third gen. they just needed the night and day system to be visual. they had it in the clock, but never showed it was dark/bright outside. hopefully they fix this in ORAs.

I also loved the introduction to Battle Frontier. spent hours in Pokemon Factory. I even made my AIM screen name after Factory Noland xD

Reactions: Marc
My favorite game would probably be either ruby or Fire red. These were the first games that i ever played and I always loved playing them. I also like Diamond and Pearl but I'm not to sure why XD

My favorite would have to be White/2.I simply loved the focuson new pokemon Unove gave us. White 2 had an amazing story that makes a beautiful contiunation of the orginal, while adding to the cracters we loved. Dat Iris theme

Emerald and Diamond are my favorite

my favorite game is pokemon Y , so far i have played red, gold, and X and Y and of them all i like Y best. but when i get or/as i might have a new favorite :)

My Favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Red but I lost it.:cry:
It introduced me to the series when I played it on my Gameboy Color. The one where you put batteries in it.

Sapphire I loved the storyline and I just wanted to play everyday since I payed my hands on it!

Tsk Tsk, so many 3rd gen lovers... Not like that is a problem though. I love all the pokemon games. But my favorite is probably X and Y. I mean 3D Pokemon battling on a handheld system? Definitely me.

As of July 16th, 2014, my favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon SoulSilver. Although, I do like this game a lot , every Pokemon game I played is fun and unique. The reason why I love this Pokemon game a teensy bit more is because this game had an amazing amount of content, compared to the others. But hey, this was a remake. We all expected a bigger adventure. Anyways, every Pokemon game is my favorite. Pokemon games are so unique, and have nice adventure, so that's hey I love Pokemon.

My favourite pokemon game is pokemon emerald because of the the sotry progressed and it was the fav generation.

Back