Mario Kart What's the most annoying Item in any Mario Kart game?

• Thread starter Flipper
  • Start date
Obvious one is blue shell, the ultimate buzzkill.

For me, it's probably Bullet Bill. Nothing beats seeing the person in last place save it until they're like ~6 and going all the way to 1st.

Red and blue kooopa shells, lightning.

The blue shell, because someone else always gets it when I'm in the top 3 and all I can get are the useless items. It's dang near impossible to avoid and it can put you from 1st to 5th place in a race if you get hit near the finish line. And when I get it, for some reason it doesn't give me the satisfaction to make up for the frustration when I'm the one getting hit by it. :rage:

:p

Reactions: Mikaya
If there was a way to turn off the lightning in one of the Mario Kart games, that would be awesome. I really don't mind any of the other items I see people complaining about, even the blue Spiny shell. But lightning is usually what kills my lead in a race.

Every kind of shell,especially after getting hit by 3 green,2 red and 1 blue one in a row
Lightning is really annoying too

Reactions: blinboy
Legendary blue shell which almost everyone (including me) seem to hate
It's just so annoying when you are close to finish line and then IT strikes and blows you up

the blue shell my friend when your in 2nd place, not 1st , 2nd because you're chilling thinking its going to pass you and hit the 1st place but noo it hits you

Reactions: blinboy
I'm one of the many people out there who hates the blue she'll ever since I first got hit by it.Lets say you're in 1st place in the final lap of a race,while your opponents are close to you,but you keep getting the lead,that is,until some other racer gets the blue shell,and even with you close to that finish line,you still get hit by it,and end up on 5th or 6th place,for example.Others may have given a similar example,but it is that bad.It also doesn't help this irritation of an item is in the new Smash game,just to ruin your fun even more.At the very least,I'm so glad they made the Super Horn in MK8,which can actually destroy this hovering abomanation,which in my eyes,it's a miracle.I also don't like too much the Lightning Cloud from MKWii and the Super Leaf from MK7.

Blue Shell! Frikin' Blue Shell! It just zooms right at you and costs you your first place. And even if you're not in first place it can still hit you on it's way there. Even worse if you're hit by it while jumping over a bottomless pit, putting you even further behind.

Every body hate blue shell. But you know if you have a mushroom, you can avoid it ;)

This tip is good for MK7 and MK8.

I really hate triple red sheel, bullet bill and star (If they are combined I rage)

The green shell is annoying because the pros of MK can touch you with good precision.

But you know when I am frist , the second has the star and the thunder is coming. I hate that.

The blue shell is the most annoying thing in mario kart or any racing game I've played period. I manage to avoid it sometimes by going to second place when I see it on the map then going back up to first after it hits. But when I don't manage to avoid it really gets on my nerves. One minute I barely manage to get first place and the finish line is right up ahead. The next minute I'm in sixth place...

Reactions: 18
The blue shell is the most annoying thing in mario kart or any racing game I've played period. I manage to avoid it sometimes by going to second place when I see it on the map then going back up to first after it hits. But when I don't manage to avoid it really gets on my nerves. One minute I barely manage to get first place and the finish line is right up ahead. The next minute I'm in sixth place...
i_hug_that_feel.png

It's incredibly frustrating when that happens. I looked up tips for it; apparently the banana peel (if you drop one right before you get hit) helps in stopping it but I haven't mastered that yet.

Reactions: Nicknin909 and Knight Rain
Most of ya'll here will say Blue Shell is the most annoying lol But to be honest, Green shells and bananas are annoying in maps with small spaces, Red Shells are annoying for wide spaces lol

Blue shells can easily be avoided by letting other racers get ahead, falling off the track instead of bouncing from the impact of the blue shell or use a Mushroom to avoid it lol But once you're hit, its pretty annoying lol

Good point. Assuming you're in a small space, green shells and bananas are probably the most annoying item while red shells would be annoying in wider places. It really just depends on where you, to be honest. That said, bananas might be the most annoying item to me.

Reactions: Nicknin909
Today I got completely wrecked in Mario Kart 8 because of coins... Coins (as an item) always annoys me... sure, they can make you go faster, but every time i'm at maximum coins I still get more coins... Next thing you know, a person behind me has a red shell or triple red shells and they throw all of them at me... After that, I get combo by a piranha plant and a triple green shell or a star... leading me to 12th place... <_<" What's your most annoying item? :unsure:
The Mega Mushroom, it was annoying and didn't last very long. The next thing you know, someone has lightning and shrinks you down to size

The blue shell i hate it

Reactions: Tom2015 and Nicknin909
The blue shell and the red shell because you loss coins

Reactions: Rockback
Blue shell. A lot of people have already said it, but I'm going to say it again.

I'm In first place for the whole race. 3rd lap hits, the frenzy intestifies, I'm till in 1st place... I see a blue she'll coming. Nope. The blue she'll hits me midair making me fall off and end up in 8th place. It was a good effort. Slow and steady wins the race if your lucky xD

Reactions: Mikaya and 18
Coins is necessary to get all the characters and vehicles, but during the game I prefer any another item like this crazy blue shell!

I don't know if this still exists, but it was in Mario Kart 64 at least: the golden mushroom that just never ended. You could go from dead last place to first in seconds. It was so overpowered, even though a lot of the time the AI didn't use it properly, but when playing with friends/family, it would suck. .-.

When we play with family and friends, we just play for win and got a lot of fun, coins really doesn't matter at the moment!

Back