What's your favorite Mario game?

• Thread starter Skully
  • Start date
PAPER FRICKIN' MARIO!

(Let it be clear I'm talking about Paper Mario 64 & Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. I'm not taking about that garbage "Super Paper Mario," or "Sticker Star.")

Literally, Paper Mario is my favorite Nitnendo series & games.

The story on each game is amazing, the combat is awesome, the partners are so kewl, and I just love the games. There's tons of side-quest to do while there is still a solid story-mode to play, too.

To be honest, though, Thousand Year Door is better then Paper Mario 64.

Thousand Year Door was just an upgraded version of 64. It took advantage of the paper aspect & added various ways to use your paper powers. You could turn into a paper airplane, boat, etc.. And then the partners are just amazing in the game. They're so cool. You have a baby Yoshi, a goompa, and many more awesome friends. And, the the maps are huge & so life-full. There's so many side-quest to do in each area and tons of enemies. It's by far my fav Nintendo game & probably my fav game of all time.

Then, Sunshine is my second fav :D

I loved that game so much. It was amazing.

The levels in the game were awesome, the gameplay was so much fun, the items you got were really cool, and the idea of the game was just a blast. I really enjoyed it :3

Mario and luigi bowsers inside story was my favorite. You got to adventure as and through bowser. It also had funny dialog, great story, and Starlow(*Cough*Chippy*Cough*)

I will always stick with galaxy

Donkey Kong (the one that started it all). Loved and still love that game.

Whats your favorite Mario game?
Old or New

Tell us below!
super mario 3d land

The number 1 Mario game in my opinion is Super Mario World. The first time I played it I had fell in love with it.

Hands down its got to be new super Mario bros 2;):ninja::cool:. I really love the graphics and the content. I had a lot of
fun playing it:love::thumbsup:

Super Mario 64 all day! It was the beginning of 3d and the beginning of my happiness! I <3 Mario (Not weirdly though...)

My favourite game is Mario Kart.
I really like games like this because i can do time trials and i can become a very good player i played my first Mario Kart on 2010 and i never stop it.

My favourite is Mario kart 7!!! Mario kart is A simple and fun game for all ages (in my opinion) where you win the race simple right?When you win a cup you get rewarded with a new character an their kart,You also get rewarded for how many coins you have which i think is neat and Items Items they provide more challenge in the game and can help you win a race Mario kart will never be the same without items.I think being able to improve or design your kart is excellent :D aswell as having your mii as the driver,Parts you can collect can make your goal not only to win all the cups,get all the characters and be the best but it also makes it so the game has one more goal for you to collect the parts to have its own uniqueness (until wii u version came out) to become the best mario kart 7 player that ever existed.Online play i think is a Great feature if you have friends who have copies of the game around the world or want a greater challenge to become better or have fun.But this is just my opinion!:p

My favourite mario game... Its hard to tell though... As we already know the mario series had improved from a pixel world to a 3D one with more enemies, superpowers and many other stuff. In my childhood I had 3 main games: "Super smash bros" "Super Mario Wolrd" and "Super Mario Kart" those were my favourite ones which I could't stop playing all the time. But suddendly... the wii arrived, bringing the next generation mario game called: "New super mario bros wii" which was fantastic compared to other mario game series, with the unique opportunity of playing 4 people at a time. It was a revolutionary era for nintendo because the best mario game arrived in my opinion... having that 3D style and that story, it was a very easy and entertaining at first, but then it turns to be more complicated than expected. I am just talking about the legendary: "Super Mario Galaxy!!!" when I first play it I though: "This is crazy" and when I completely complete it, I though: "This game was very challenging" but suddendly some time later... "Super Mario Galaxy 2" OMG i could't believe it XD. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the best game ever created by nintendo also including that I like challenging games, this one was perfectly fit for me :D. I will be very happy if nintendo one day desides to make a final "Super Mario Galaxy 3" for the wii u. It's just awesome!!!!!

Old or New

Tell us below!
I think Mario 64 because it brought so much things to the Mario franchise like quests and other cool thing like that

super mario world i got like the nice old style graphics the gameplay is fun and its not a very easy mario game

Old or New

Tell us below!

See thats a hard question. I love most of the Mario games because there so good. There are thouse few that i just think what were they thinking but heres a list of my favorites Mario cart, mario 3d land, the originals, and paper Mario. Out of those I would have to go with the originals.

Well my favourite Mario games are theses.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy 2

These Are My Top 6 mario Games

1 Paper Mario And The Thousand Year Door
2 Bowsers Inside Story
3 Superstar Saga
4 Partners In Time
5 Super Mario Sunshine
6 Super Mario Galaxy

Reactions: Icecold550
my choices would be
5.mario and luigi partners in time
4.mario kart ds
3.mario kart 7
2.new super Mario bros. U
1.Mario kart Wii

Reactions: TheYatagarasu
My favourite is super mario sun shine

I'd have to say Super Mario Galaxy 2. It isn't just my favorite Mario game, it's my favorite game of all time. Everything in the game is nearly perfect. First off, the game is freaking' beautiful (it's by far the best looking game on the Wii). The art style is vibrant, the graphics are crisp, and it's a beautiful game to look at. I actually have Dolphin Emulator on my PC (for those of you that don't know what Dolphin is, it's a GameCube/Wii Emulator). Dolphin allows you to upscale the graphics by a huge margin, and on top of that allows you to use HD Textures. It really is an amazing experience playing it like that.

And then there's the music, that glorious fully orchestrated soundtrack. As if the first game's soundtrack wasn't good enough, that 1-Uped themselves with this one. Playing the game with my fancy headphones, it felt like my ears were in gaming heaven. The soundtrack fits each individual level perfectly, and it really helps immerse you into the game.

Then there's the controls. For the few of you that haven't any games in the Mario Galaxy series, you might think the controls would be a bit clunky. Having two separate things to hold in each hand, the fact that the Wiimote is built for motion control, etc. You'd be completely wrong. The controls work amazingly, and are extremely intuitive. Every function on the Wiimote and Nunchuck has a function, and they all do their jobs perfectly.

The level design is amazing and fresh, each level feels like a new challenge to complete. The difficulty is just where it should be, each level is more challenging than SMG1, but not too hard. Every death feels like your fault, rather than faulty level design. It's a challenge without being impossible.

The only thing that really disappointed me was the final boss battle. It was extremely easy, whereas it should of been the hardest boss in the game. So easy in fact, that I can finish the battle without getting hit. This is really a shame, as the music and atmosphere of the level are top notch.

Overall, SMG2 is an amazing game, and I highly recommend it to everyone.

~Mario119~

I really love mario kart 7, only they should add a mode to make custom tracks

Back