When did you use the Master Ball?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
I once used my Masterball on Lugia and Girantina since I just couldn't catch them ;-;

In the Omega Ruby game, I used it on the Reshiram since I could catch it with many Ultra balls and whatever else with it asleep and in the red zone. I kept using Heal Pulse when it was in the orange so I could get it in the red and I wasted a lot of balls :(

Reactions: T-Player Guy
I used it on deoxsys...The guy on the game said to do it :/. I regret it though there are better pokemon i could've wasted it on...Like magikarp, Goldeen, zigzagoon, and a waffle...So many other thing's i could've used it on uhgggg Why pokemon Why like really could've caught a freaking rare magikarp!

I used it on Deoxys because after spending a really long time on Rayquaza do you really want to spend time on Deoxys that's like trying to catch Mewtwo in a pokeball. Plus don't tell anyone but I ran out of ultra balls is my secret safe.

I used to use them on roaming legendaries, now I just save them and try to sell all the masterballs I get in my shop (shameless advertising)
No one has ever bought anything Dx... When I first got a masterball from Cyrus in pokemon platinum I was a really dumb little kid. I was like "hmm, I want to test this new cool ball out. Ohh! A wild starly, perfect pokemon to test this ball on!" I cri...... Really wish I could have kept that because I think I failed to catch giratina after that.

I used it on the first pidgey I saw

I use regular poke balls on most of my legends... master on shinies.

I use it to catch the legendary pokemon. Especially in heartgold and soulsilver when the dog trio would continually run away (cough cough Suicune >.>).

I never used my Master Ball, not even to catch legendaries. For some reason, I have extreme luck with normal Pokeballs than the rest. Although it is time consuming and very tricky to catch a legendary in a Pokeball, they look awesome when you use them in battle.

I'm an old pokemon player, so I'm talking about fire red. I dont even know what IV and EV is! Anyway, I used it on Mewtwo.

I'm an old pokemon player, so I'm talking about fire red. I dont even know what IV and EV is! Anyway, I used it on Mewtwo.
Evs were in Fire Red.... just harder to control

I use it at sometimes when they're are two in a row legends without saving in between it, like say in OR/AS after you catch rayauaza deoxys comes right after it so I would catch rayquaza with say an ultra ball and catch deoxys with the master ball. Or I would go through the labor to catch both of them without the master ball and soft reset legends...the easy way.

It depends on which version I play.when i had first decided to try and save it was during pokemon black, but I had used ever single pokeball in my bag except the master ball so i got impatient and used it on Reshriem. Then in Pokemon Y I waited until I found Mewtwo, because i feel he was the only one suitable to be captured by the Master ball. However in omega ruby i used it on my favorite legendary, Deoxys. mega Rayquaza (I had thought) was going to OHKO Deoxys and I panicked and threw the master ball. I try to always used master balls for legendaries but I think once when I was younger I had used a Masterball on a Arcanine.

Well yeah M-Rayquaza will OHKO it but I think you can do 1 extreme speed that isn't critical hit but wouldn't be enough to weaken him because he can just keep recovering and then you are all out of pokeballs or one recover after another then one of your moves gets a critical and he is dead so wise choice.

Reactions: Sabakarp
Well yeah M-Rayquaza will OHKO it but I think you can do 1 extreme speed that isn't critical hit but wouldn't be enough to weaken him because he can just keep recovering and then you are all out of pokeballs or one recover after another then one of your moves gets a critical and he is dead so wise choice.
Yeah but I didn't understand how powerful Mega rayquaza was back then.. So I used (I think signature move) and it nearly OHKO with like this much left ([-_____]) in the HP bar.

I really don't know why, but there are kind of games I used my Master Ball on the main Legendary or at a Legendary that you catch after you beat the game, There are kind of games I use it as a tropy and in Emulators when I want to do fun I throw it on a Magikarp XDD

I remember my first Pokemon game, Diamond. When I got to Dialga, I was stupid and just defeated him after failing to catch him with every other ball but the Master Ball. To make matters worse, I saved my game afterwards, so I couldn't go back and try again. The Master Ball still lies in my Bag, to remind me of how stupid I was back then. :p

On a tentacool.... I'll tell you why. I was walking through a route and then met a tentacool lv 23, Male. Then I encounter 8 more of the alleged same tentacool. I was fed up so when I encountered it again, surprisingly the only encounter I had was the lv23 Male tentacool, and threw a masteball at it as it broke out of all my 17 Ultra Balls. Surprisingly, I encountered only female tenacools from then on.

What's a EV?

Hoo boy I used minw on Rayquaza? Crazy right? I didit because not that it was hard to catch but at the time my best friend was wanting to see me finish it even though he already finished it but I think he wanted to see what I thought about the Rayquaza animation and see how I reacted and if I thought it was cool. So due to peer pressure plus me not caring much I used it to quickly catch Rayquaza cuz I'm lazy and was rushed! So hooray for me I guess.

I've never actually used the masterball, I don't like shortcuts when it comes to catching pokemon. I'm the type of person who tries to catch everything in a pokeball and I seem to have really good luck when it comes to catching these legendaries anyway. So yeah..

Reactions: Artes Oscuras and ThatLoyalGamer
Back