When did you use the Master Ball?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
Oh, back when I was a noob, I used it on Gyarados from Sootopolis City. Yeah. Memories.
Then after that, on every playthrough of Emerald, I used it on Rayquaza. And used it to wreck Wallace and the 4. Hah.

Now, in OR, I used it on a Shiny Absol that had only a sliver of health left because was poisoned by my Roserade's Poison Touch. I'm not sure, but it was at 1 HP I think, or somewhere close.
Then I check it and it turns out, it has its HA too.

Reactions: Vernal
I am saving mine for the shiny mewtwo im farming for.

In black 2, i used my first on coballion, my second on heatran, and my 3rd is saved

Never. I hoard them

I usually use it on a roaming pokemon or a shiny pokemon if I can find one. Using it on a regular legendary seems like a waist. A good ol' timer ball can handle any typical legendary.

As a kid, in Gen 1, I'm pretty sure I used my Master Ball on something useless and dumb because I didn't quite understand the importance of the item when my age was in the single digits. Ever since then I've either not used it at all, or used it on the game's big legendary - I'm pretty sure that's exactly how I bagged Xerneas, after spending a good 15 minutes listening to its battle music.

I used the masterball to catch rayquaza in my emerald game. I was like, "A masterball?" I searched it up online, and potentially, it said I could catch any pokemon without even weakening it. So I used it on rayquaza, I always ran out of pokeballs before I could actually do it, so I quit and used the masterball.

On Fire Red I accidentally used it on Moltres I was going to use it on Mewtwo so it would look cool but no I save stated it accidentally before Throwing the ball and I was like CRAP! So I had to use my Masterball on Moltres no matter what! It was stupid! GRRRR!

I only use master balls for catching mewtwo or mesprit in gen 4, I hate you mesprit!

In Pokemon X version I used it on Xerneas, which was stupid because then I struggled to catch Mewtwo later. In Omega Ruby I completely avoided using it at all. It drives my OCD insane when I go to heal my Pokemon and the Pokemon goes on the machine like this:
Pokeball
Pokeball
Pokeball
Pokeball
Pokeball
MASTER BALL
NOOOO! It's not even in a pattern or anything!
Anyway that was slightly off topic but I just thought of that and I had to rant for a moment.

i've only used them on fleeing PKMN'S and the occasional impossible to catch pkmn. . .

As a kid I just used mine on the cover legendary. Now I just save them for the roaming legendary. I still haven't used my Master Ball in Alpha Sapphire. Not sure what I should use it for. :p

I used the master ball on kyurem. I tried catching it with a regular pokeball but that did not work. I then gave up and just used the masterball. I mostly use masterballs on legendaries that I can not catch. One time I accidently used my masterball on a bidoof in the wild. I was dissapointed in my self after that.

I've used it on legends in the past, but these days, I just keep it as a sort of novelty item. I think if I actually used it on anything these days, it'd be a shiny legend that I'd be too scared to try and fight in fear of accidentally KOing it and losing such a rare opportunity to catch a shiny legend.

There's only 2 Pokémon I've ever used a Master Ball on. Dialga and Deoxys.

Dialga was a real pain to capture for me and so after countless resets and lost Ultra Balls I couldn't stand it anymore. In Deoxys' case, at least that one was for a slightly different reason. As it was the one at the end of ORAS and I had just caught Mega Rayquaza, I was reluctant to have to reset and be forced to capture Mega Rayquaza again when I started running low on Ultra Balls.

Despite this I continued until my last Ball and then was forced to capture it with the Master Ball. Worth it for saving me a headache, but now I don't have the Master Ball anymore.

I use masterballs on things that are hard to catch like Rayquaza,Mewtwo,(hard for me to catch)Latias/Latios,etc. I normally use Ultra balls on legendarys.I try not to use the Masterball but eh, wynaut? >.<

I have never ised the master ball i always trade a pokemon who hold my masterball

I try not to use masterballs. I usually use quick balls, ultra balls, or timer balls to catch legendaries. If I really get impatient I'll use it. I used my master ball on Primal Kyogre because it almost knocked out my whole team with Origin Pulse.

I used to save them for roaming Pokémons that flee, like the Beasts in Crystal or Latias/Latios in Tuby/emerald, but nowadays, they don't exist, so I save them in case I need them for a shiny legendary or whatnot, but even those I try catching with ordinary balls, but it feels good to have a back-up.

I have used my master pokemon ball on kyogre, as it was really hard for me to catch that pokemon, my all pokemon at that time was very weak and i even had not bought bunch of pokeballs. It was super duper annoying for. i reset It like about 12 to 13 times then atlast I use my precious master ball :(

I first used my Master Ball on Rayquaza in Emerald and Lugia in FireRed, mainly because I was scared of knocking them out with one hit back in the day. But, since I'm (very slightly) smarter, I've saved my Master Ball in OR, and I'm planning to use it on a Magikarp if (IF) I get all the Legendaries. xD

Back