Ultimate Which fighters do you main in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
In E3 2018's Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai has revealed most of the rosters in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, you can play with all the fighters that has been appearing in Super Smash Bros. history, and more! So I want to ask, which fighters will you main in this smashing Switch game?

Personally I would stick with Kirby and Lucina, while I'm also considering for Mario, Pit, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda, Inkling, Mega Man, and Toon Link among others.

Reactions: FuredeRika
Kirby villager mario pikachu Pokémon trainer inkling and at least try Ridley

Villager, kirby, and maybe Inking. I never went to E3 so idk

- Shulk
- Kirby
- Mewtwo (might replace.. who knows)

Corrin didn't really work out when I tried him in Smash Bros. for Wii U :(

I want to try the Inkling Girl.

I want to try snake, but the game awards very aggressive play...

Pichu all the way

Reactions: fantanoice
Corrin, Fox, samus zero And I will add wolfy to my mains

I'll wait until the game is out :b

I main Waluigi.

Reactions: FuredeRika, fantanoice and SmashChamp
I will stick with ness every step of the way through. The buffs he got were insane and I'm really hopeful that the future of this character will be bright.

Reactions: SmashChamp
I'd switch around between Mario, Meta knight, Marth, and Samus. If it isn't as competitive I usually don't care, I'd select the random option and play all the characters (it's more fun that way too).

tfw I see people list off like 10 characters for mains :facepalm:

tfw I see people list off like 10 characters for mains :facepalm:
If you don’t have at least a decent variety of characters you know well its hard to counterpick

To me, counterpicking is pointless. Even in the worst of matchups, the better player will win. I'm saying this as a ness main who gets CP'ed by rosa 24/7.

To me, counterpicking is pointless. Even in the worst of matchups, the better player will win. I'm saying this as a ness main who gets CP'ed by rosa 24/7.
If you have multiple mains that you are good at means you can both have a character better suited to beat your opponent and be better than your opponent. If both players are at similar skill levels, would you not want to be able to play a character with a advantage? Now, most characters are made to be good against anyone, but there are definitely characters that counter, like any fast hitting character against ganon.

Yea that would be nice, but that also means that both of your dual-mains will improve significantly slower, even if you're only using two. Especially if you want to be proficient in both. Honestly, CPing I think is only good if you're playing a bottom 10 character.

I sometimes pick up secondaries/mains just because I find sticking to one boring. In a game with so much variety, it's hard to just stick to one, at least for me. I have my eyes on Pichu (too adorable) and Ridley (was super fun to use at CEO)

Ooh, as long as they didn’t ruin their move sets, they would be:
Bowser
Villager
Young Link
Ness
Roy

i think im gonna try ritcher, i like the idea of playing with someone with a very long attack range,

but not simon because he looks like he-man

Given the announcement of several new fighters in the latest Direct, I would consider Chrom along with others I've mentioned before. And lately I'm also considering to play as Falco after seeing his character trailer.

Back