Ultimate Which fighters do you main in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Loving the game so far! Especially spirits mode! I main Geno!

Loving the game so far! Especially spirits mode! I main Geno!
:pompus:Hmm yes i see that makes perfect sense.

:n-omg:Geeeeeeee, no.

Reactions: Duffy
:pompus:Hmm yes i see that makes perfect sense.

:n-omg:Geeeeeeee, no.
I would have loved to main shovel knight but he's an assist trophy...

I would have loved to main shovel knight but he's an assist trophy...
Does it anyway.

Was playing rivals of aether the whole time :sneaky:

Does it anyway.

Was playing rivals of aether the whole time :sneaky:
Ohh yea I need to try that game still.

Oh man. This is a tough choice. Pichu maybe... Or Young Link... Or Mewtwo... Or Zelda... Or Daisy...

I don't know lol

The Belmonts! Would love to mess with my friends using their too looooooong range.

I actually don't know. There are many characters I've barely played, so I'm excited to unlock all characters (I think only 8 are available when you start, so it's a good way to try out everyone).

I actually don't know. There are many characters I've barely played, so I'm excited to unlock all characters (I think only 8 are available when you start, so it's a good way to try out everyone).
Yeah I always like to play as every characacter at least once, to see who I'm the best with and who I'm terrible at.

Honestly, just the question above, lol. Who do you main in Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

I actually don’t have one atm, but I’ll update the thread when I get the game, lol. (Whenever that happens. xP)

If I had to guess who I’d main, I’d say Bowser, if they haven’t changed his move set. I’ll probabky main Inkling and Isabelle as well, proving that they’re good.

Reactions: Natsu'neko
Lucas main here
i also used to play a lot of villager

Reactions: Dowhat? and Samster
I don't own the game as of yet but when I get it I plan to either main Roy or Cloud. I happen to own both of them on the 3ds and I love playing as them since I love Fire Emblem and I love Final Fantasy. Just gonna put this out there if it happens but if my boy Dante or Nero from Devil May Cry come into the game as dlc then they'll immediately become my main. I don't expect this to be happening however but I can at least dream.

Having recently played this game with a couple of others, I am proud to say that I am decent with a bunch of characters. I found surprising success in Luigi, which really ticked off the party. I also found success in my previous main, Ness, who was nerfed. I found Bayonetta, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Simon, and Ken to also have some potential for myself. I like all of the characters in this version, and it feels like Nintendo finally balanced the characters out correctly for once. The only really awful characters in my opinion are Pac-Man and Bowser JR. Other than that, I'd say there's a fair balance in this game so far and there aren't any OP characters yet.

Also I forgot to mention how lovely Piranha Plant looks. I wish I could've played as him, but I couldn't! :(

Reactions: EnderLord
I am going to be maining corrin (female skin definitely), Lucina (just because she was my smash 3ds main) Dark Samus( Phazon is awesome) and pit (new final smash is awesome)

I main Pit and Olimar. Pit is primarily better at edge guarding and has some useful tools/kill options and I use Olimar because I'm used to his playstyle and he plays fairly simple. If the opponent plays aggressive just maintain control on the ground and more than likely you'll have a purple Pikmin to kill with if your Pikmin don't die off too fast.

Reactions: Dowhat?
I don't have a definitive main since I enjoy using all of the characters, but I use Bowser, Marth, and Dark Samus more often. Marth is fast, the reflection move is fantastic, and the smash attack kills at low percentage (0%?). To get through trollish CPU and the really unbalanced World of Light Mode Bowser has been a great solution since I can spam his grab and grond pound move until 50% and then use a smash attack to kill.

Dark Samus is just cool, I really like her look and the way she moves.

Having recently played this game with a couple of others, I am proud to say that I am decent with a bunch of characters. I found surprising success in Luigi, which really ticked off the party. I also found success in my previous main, Ness, who was nerfed. I found Bayonetta, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Simon, and Ken to also have some potential for myself. I like all of the characters in this version, and it feels like Nintendo finally balanced the characters out correctly for once. The only really awful characters in my opinion are Pac-Man and Bowser JR. Other than that, I'd say there's a fair balance in this game so far and there aren't any OP characters yet.

Also I forgot to mention how lovely Piranha Plant looks. I wish I could've played as him, but I couldn't! :(

You said ness was nerfed? Nah. Not even close. Sure, some stuff was nerfed, but he also got some INSANE new stuff. I guess for the pk fire spammers this stuff is a nerf but to those that utilize his actual kit he's so friggin good. Magnet is honestly the future. Up air is super good for combos, nair has much better range, pk fire is much better now for keeping people in, and pkt2 got buffed. Also directional air dodge is amazing since now ness has a way to avoid using up b. (Not to mention it's the single best directional air dodge in the game) The only nerf I see is the range on up air, but that's really not a big deal. Lol didnt mean for this comment to be half a page long but you get my point lol

ROB :] Im looking into other characters though

I am going to be maining corrin (female skin definitely), Lucina (just because she was my smash 3ds main) Dark Samus( Phazon is awesome) and pit (new final smash is awesome)
changing my mind. I'm playing lucina corrin and dark samus but instead of pit I'm going to main shulk because one of my friends play kirby and shulk is really good against kirby because of the monado arts which change shulks play so well

So far I've been sticking with my mains from SSB4 (Kirby and Lucina), even though lately I've been considering to add more to my main roster like Isabelle and Greninja among others.

Back