Ultimate Which fighters do you main in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Kirby villager mario pikachu Pokémon trainer inkling and at least try Ridley
this aged terribly as I only main olimar joker and villager now

Sorta late, but I usually main Inkling, Chrom, and sometimes Isabelle.

(I’m sort of just more inclined to play as newcomers cause I’ve been playing ssb4 for 3 years)
(Also I don’t have my own copy of smash ultimate, I’ll play on a friend’s switch)
Inkling: Spam roller, ink enemies to slow them down, spam more roller and occasionally use bombs
Chrom: Literally just counter/side special
Isabelle: Side/down special + f air spamming

Reactions: Talkative_Tween
(In order of how much I use them)
Toon Link
Villager/Isabelle
Ice Climbers
Hero
Mii Swordsman
(I don't have the game yet but I will soon, and I've been thinking real hard about my mains)

In E3 2018's Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai has revealed most of the rosters in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, you can play with all the fighters that has been appearing in Super Smash Bros. history, and more! So I want to ask, which fighters will you main in this smashing Switch game?

Personally I would stick with Kirby and Lucina, while I'm also considering for Mario, Pit, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda, Inkling, Mega Man, and Toon Link among others.
Bayonetta all the way through ! makes almost everything a breeze for me, side special spam then downward smash for the kill lol. then witch time to counter hammers and avoid being bumrushed by curry, drop kick, smash attacks, side and up special for stamina and almost nothing is an issue using the right spirits or any basic no-spirit fight. the only thing thats given me problems are certain 4 star spirit battles on the board, some of these are just ridiculously OP while others get me stunlocked (very bad with multis!) to death. auto heal does help a bit here but even then this can be a bit tricky. sadly this probably doesnt help much against giga mac, he is all one hit KOs...

as for my secondary mains i use corrin and joker, tho i feel like im better with bayonetta and i use her for almost everything in the game

#1 Little mac
Little mac because of his move set and my aggressive and pushy play style. He isnt real good on maps with big drop offs as they nerfed his recovery coming from smash 4 to smash 5, however, he can be really good on maps without drops like the one that terry comes with. it has no drop and pretty much contains the opponent do to the "invisible walls"
#2 Snake
He has a more distance oriented type of attack. some people use him for his rocket spam which is kinda cheap and avoidable if you know what you are doing. He is more pokey than aggresive, with his c4's. hes just an over all fun and good charactor, im glad they added him to SSBU Ultimate.

I want Sora despite it being impossible him being in Smash.

Wow my post here has aged pretty terribly. Currently, I've been maining Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, and Pac-Man (love his big brain playstyle) but Ridley also interests me. I also use ROB and Greninja a bit.

In E3 2018's Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai has revealed most of the rosters in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, you can play with all the fighters that has been appearing in Super Smash Bros. history, and more! So I want to ask, which fighters will you main in this smashing Switch game?

Personally I would stick with Kirby and Lucina, while I'm also considering for Mario, Pit, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda, Inkling, Mega Man, and Toon Link among others.
I'm a strong Link main, love him to death

i main samus i think is basically my best character and also im trying to main banjo and terry since they are both characters i have always wanted in smash bros (more banjo than terry) also toon link i think has a lot of potential but still have to lab some time whit him

Dark Samus, Lucas, and little Mac.

Bowser is my mainest main even though hes slow but i like him and his movest .
Doc, my secondary main and one I'll do my best to stick with no matter how awful he is.
pokemon trainer, Charizard was my sole secondary back in Smash 4 and with access to two movesets that cover his weaknesses I'm happy to say I'll do my best to learn all three.
toon link, of the zoner/keepaway-type characters he's the one that clicked with me the best. Wind Waker being my favorite TLoZ game helps, too.
And finally ridlry, who was long overdue and someone I'm super eager to make work. As a fan of Charizard last game I'm sure Ridley will click just fine, he seems to play similarly (trading sheer power in for range and disjoints).

Honorable mention to Shulk, I'm debating whether to revise my vote and add him or not- I'm sure I'll play him, but how much depends on how steep his learning curve is.

i am trying to main byleth, i am getting the hang of it ,but its hard because im more used to speedy characters

Back in smash 4 my main was Captain Falcon, which carried over to Ultimate for it's first few months. I switched to wolf as I felt I could do better with him, but It wasn't long until disaster struck and my switch was stolen. I forgot a lot of wolf combos and such for not playing for months, but I bought a switch in November and I've had Roy as my main since then. I've recently started to secondary wolf as I know more about him than most characters.

I've switched my mains around from the last smash iteration.
Usually I main Ness and Lucas, but I've added Isabelle to that rotation. Recently I've also been picking up Jigglypuff for the first time. I'm enjoying her play style a lot, though I am used to projectile characters. Jiggly is a nice change from my usual zoner-based fighters.

Isabelle!! She's extremely cute and i find her easy to use~
I really love her fishing rod move; people hate when you use it against them, and it works more often than maybe should be strictly legal, haha.

I don't own the game, I've only played a bit when someone had a switch and wanted to play.

However, in the time I did get to play I would definitely say my main is Simon/Richter. I like how much range they have with their whips as well as how faithful to the original games their special attacks are. I've played some of the games in the Castlevania series and to be like "Oh, I've used the cross/holy water/whatever in this game, so I know how to use it!" is one of the greatest feelings. I also love the feeling of being able to control the fight most of the time, especially with the cross.

Especially with some of the matches I've played. My personal favorite combo with them is to drop a holy water and then side smash the fighter caught in it.

Lucina, Joker, and roy. I like swords.

Pit
Samus
Fox
thats all

Fox because i enjoy fast characters with fun movement. I used to like sonic in brawl cant play him in this game because the buffer + online + his weird feeling moveset makes me suffer.

whenever i play with one of my sibs i never let her play as sonic/peach/Any fox character/ pit/ any of the characters you can span the exact same move over and over.
note:this is not the reason i can main pit. I main pit because his recover is very helpful and i get flung alot. i need a good recover

Back