Ultimate Which fighters do you main in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
I play mainly Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Marth. I'm weird.

I main Pit, Dark Pit, Kirby, and I play Pikachu sometimes. My friends like to call me the D-Tier main of the group. I personally feel like my characters are a bit underrated.

In E3 2018's Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai has revealed most of the rosters in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, you can play with all the fighters that has been appearing in Super Smash Bros. history, and more! So I want to ask, which fighters will you main in this smashing Switch game?

Personally I would stick with Kirby and Lucina, while I'm also considering for Mario, Pit, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda, Inkling, Mega Man, and Toon Link among others.
Have a guess ;)

Have a guess ;)
I am Very happy Icies are back tho. I mained them in Melee, and their removal from 3DS really made me sad

Not sure if I posted here, but my main would have to be Toon Link. Pikachu, Lucas and villager would be the other main ones I play.

They all seem to be relatively similar in fighting style, they all are mid-close range fighters and are similar in weight and other aspects so I guess I have a specific type so to speak.

Not sure if I posted here, but my main would have to be Toon Link. Pikachu, Lucas and villager would be the other main ones I play.

They all seem to be relatively similar in fighting style, they all are mid-close range fighters and are similar in weight and other aspects so I guess I have a specific type so to speak.

I also enjoy playing villager! Fun play style, but I'm not very good with him

Reactions: Mizunil
I have COMPLETELY changed my mains after getting my own switch. I used to play on my friends switch and would just choose characters he told me were good. But now:
I main cloud cuz he’s AMAZING. He’s nice overall and that sword tho (huge). The only thing about cloud i hate is the recovery. My second fav is lucas. I like lucas just to spam projectiles and i LOVE pk freeze. I ALSO hate lucas’s recovery cuz sometimes i mess up and it messes up the whole game. Honourable mentions to ganondorf and bowser. I like to use them but when i do, im usually just spamming the same moves over and over. And their recoveries are bad along with their speed so i dont use them all the time.

Reactions: candymonster6567
I have COMPLETELY changed my mains after getting my own switch. I used to play on my friends switch and would just choose characters he told me were good. But now:
I main cloud cuz he’s AMAZING. He’s nice overall and that sword tho (huge). The only thing about cloud i hate is the recovery. My second fav is lucas. I like lucas just to spam projectiles and i LOVE pk freeze. I ALSO hate lucas’s recovery cuz sometimes i mess up and it messes up the whole game. Honourable mentions to ganondorf and bowser. I like to use them but when i do, im usually just spamming the same moves over and over. And their recoveries are bad along with their speed so i dont use them all the time.
I'm only good with Ice Climbers, but I sometimes play Ganondorf, Villager, and Bowser with friends

Reactions: Deepak
I usually keep the characters to random as i want to get good in all of them. But if i have to choose one of them i will choose zero suit samus as she has quick hitting and also hard hitting which is one of the best all round choice.

i dont use cloud,gandondorf and bowser as they are too slow
i'd rather take something in between them
like mario, samus, marth

Reactions: Sunny_Meows and Deepak
I dont use ice climbers as they easily get launched
and i dont use gandondorf and bowser as they are too slow
i'd rather take something in between them
like mario, samus, marth
You quoted the wrong post. :p

• Funny
Reactions: candymonster6567 and Sunny_Meows
Oh wait never mind. Im so confused now.

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
The few times I've been able to play, I've mained as Isabelle. She's so cute! And her fishing rod attack is insane; you can just use it repeatedly. lol

i like the loid firework, too.

Reactions: Mizunil
I have changed my mains once again!. Cloud is still one of my mains, but now I have some of the dlc. Joker is amazing.He looks really cool. And he's just super fast with all the attacks. And you gotta love the morgona taunts. Next is hero. Do i need to say anything really? Hero is just hero. So Much Rng. Thats what makes him so fun to play as. Its so unpredictable. You could be two stocks behind, then all of a sudden, critical hit! one hit ko! magic burst! And you win. And there are two new characters i'm gonna try out today: Steve and piranha plant. Who knows? They might become my mains too...

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
I think that the Pokemon trainer or Cloud. But I am very bad playing smash bros, I need to practice a lot.

Most of the Fire Emblem characters, primarily. Except for Robin.

Since I started Ultimate, I played as Corrin a lot so I'd say she's my true main for now. She has a projectile special, too, unlike the rest of the swordfighters, which is incredibly useful. Though I still prefer to get up as close as possible, my playstyle is highly aggressive.

Reactions: FuredeRika, Deepak and phofufury
In E3 2018's Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai has revealed most of the rosters in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In fact, you can play with all the fighters that has been appearing in Super Smash Bros. history, and more! So I want to ask, which fighters will you main in this smashing Switch game?

Personally I would stick with Kirby and Lucina, while I'm also considering for Mario, Pit, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda, Inkling, Mega Man, and Toon Link among others.
i almost always use byleth personally, shes my current (and probably permanently) favorite and not very hard to learn either. her specials do enough damage as well and like bayonetta she does have a hilariously easy spike kill that can be done from the ground level lol (most i think need to be above the other character/ person but bayonetta and byleth are some of the few i know that dont need to be in midair to do it. mario needs to but its easy to land on someone). if we're fortunate enough to get 2B though (she looks cool even though idk much about her), looks like im starting that 40K KO count from the beginning on a new person haha... but at least she would be fun =)

My Favorite fighter that i always use is Pit. i used him through smash brawl and the ds smash brothers as well. even in ultimate i still use pit but sometimes i use Lucario and have been practicing Joker as well cause he is pretty cool.

Reactions: Asriel_Dreemurr629
Back