Xandria

• Thread starter Flarence
  • Start date
Yuri slightly seemed tempted by the offer, but he thought: "Can this dude really be serious?"

"So, you'll give us something cool, huh?" Yuri drew his dual swords. "What if we can't hit you?"

"There's no catch, all you have to do is find a way to strike me," Kai said to Yuri.

Yuri gave kai a sly grin...

"Well, in that case...." Yuri charged at kai with incredible speed and swung one of his swords.

"Hey, you have a quick first step," Kai commented, anticipating the attack.

Kai drew a third knife from his back. He held this one in his hand, as the others floated next to him. Kai blocked Yuri's attack with both hands.

"You're much faster than the average soldier, that's for sure,"
Kai said as he pushed back Yuri's sword, "But remember to watch out for all the moves around you." Kai pointed up at the blades hovering above him and Yuri. If he wanted, Kai could have killed Yuri right there by dropping the knives on top of the hasty foe. Instead, Kai kicked Yuri away.

"
Trust me mate, you won't be able to land a hit all by yourself," Kai said to him.

Yuri wiped the blood dripping from his mouth. "I agree, trying to at least HIT you seems doubtful, and by myself seems near impossible, but I won't know until I try!" On the outside, Yuri seems calmed, on the inside, he was terrified. His opponent could tear him to shreds right now if he wanted to. "Dammit! This guy sure does plan ahead. I can't afford to let my guard down against him, it could cost me....." Yuri thought. Yuri surveyed his surroundings very carefully, but it didn't seem he would get out of the range of the knives. Then, Yuri closed his eyes and concentrated...

Meanwhile :Astro rushed to the Enchantress table and placed his Magical Whip on the enchanted table and started to meditate to find a new ability

One watched Yuri attack, get countered, and pause. The only thing One could think of doing was throwing a quick Grass shield up and dissapearing into the trees...

He ran to the tree line, but keeping an eye on his target to watch for an attack. As he reached the trees, he fired two quick shots at Kai, and as soon as he did, he disappeared, hoping to make it impossible for Kai to counterattack.

Kai ran into the forest along with One. "Alright! I like the idea! We'll reach our destination and fight at the same time!"

Kai's knives circled him like guard dogs. As soon as the fired shots were too close, they were slashed and the knives went right through the fire. Kai stayed cautious of One. He could jump out at any moment and potentially get a cheap shot on Kai, but he doubted that would happen. Kai wasn't anywhere near trying his hardest, with five other knives still on his back, and with his pouch of water closed, the new recruits would need to step up their teamwork in order to land a hit.

Yuri followed the two into the forest. He saw One running ahead of him and caught up. "Nice of you to join the party, One." Yuri saw the knives circling kai then got an idea. He suddenly charged in kai's direction, but not to attack. Yuri was planning for a different outcome.....

One was grateful for the distraction. Now he'd be able to pull off a plan he needed time to work out...

"Keep him occupied for a bit? I've got a plan..." he said to Yuri as they crossed paths, hoping that he said it soft enough that Kai wouldn't hear.

"Got it. Just make it quick." Yuri whispered. Yuri finally got an up close look at kai, who had a ring of water surrounding him. "Hmm....well, for a kid he sure as hell isn't a pushover." Yuri thought. While they kept running, Yuri saw that kai noticed him. Yuri was finally able to cut kai off from running any further.

One stepped back and forced himself to relax. His math was always sketchy when he was under pressure. He needed a second to calculate his angles, but luckily, Yuri seemed to be able to keep Kai in one place for long enough for One's needs.

Kai was definitely not a pushover, but he did want to give his foe's a chance. Then again... this was just too fun! Kai took out two more knives and they joined the other two.

With him holding one in his hands, four knives now floated around Kai. Kai then opened up his water pouch...

The water slid out and ran underneath his feet. "You really think you corned me?" Kai asked Yuri with a smirk. "Even if you have cornered me, can you hit me?"

The knives began swirling around Kai at an extremely fast rate. Anything that got close enough would get shred to pieces. Kai halted the rotation, thinking to himself; they need a fair chance.

Flarence held the glowing red stone in his hands. After staring at the dummies, target range and enchanting table, he concluded that he was useless. Nothing came to his mind. All Flarence knew were simple spells, they'd been enough at the time, but he couldn't think of anything else. Flarence leaned on a counter and watched a blacksmith work.

Eventually, the blacksmith began yelling at Flarence. He was confused by his voice. "What'd I do?! I'm sorry!"

The blacksmith yelled at him! "You were leaning on a a tempered sword! Didn't that burn you?!"

Flarence looked down at his sleeves, sure enough, the sword had burnt right through his clothes, leaving them black and singed, however Flarence couldn't feel the heat, his body was perfectly fine. " I'm alright..." Flarence said slowly.

I wouldn't exactly say...cornered, One thought to himself. Finally, the time was here. One took his chance, seeing the opportunity as the perfect moment. One quick shot from his ion cannon between Yuri and Kai did exactly what it needed to.

Kai stood still, knowing his knives would block the attack, but Yuri flinched and stepped back. One flung his Grass Shield away at that moment, but not towards Kai. He struggled to keep a straight face as Kai taunted him, and as the branches he had cut with the grass shield fell towards his foe.

((Sorry if a bit of that seemed power-playish :unsure:))

Last edited:
Shileax Glances at Flarence when she heard the shouting she walks closer "Ahh I see you are immune to heat maybe even fire she says as she walks closer, if you weren't you would have been hurt badly by that hot blade." She smiles then walks away she wants to learn and develop a skill all nobodys have, the ability to teleport themselves or other things. She summons her staff determined to make it teleport and hit the target. Shileax begins to concentrate blocking out all other sounds.

Kai looked upwards as branches began to fall on him. The water from under his feet gushed out of the ground with heavy force, blowing all the branches away and into the next forest. Except, for a stray leaf that landed on top of Kai's head. . .

"Are you kidding me?!" Kai exclaimed.

A floating knife shot straight through the leaf and pinned it to a tree, going right over Kai's head. "I guess you two got me," Kai said to them.

Kai reached into his pockets and tossed Yuri and One an expansion stone. "If you don't know, in this world, Nobles get their powers from their blood. The stones you two hold are made from the blood and works of ancient Nobles. They awaken your inner abilities. That's not to say that you become more powerful overnight, but you'll definitely feel the difference just by holding one."

One and Yuri are now level two.

"Every one advances at a different pace," Kai told them, "Nobles are different, so don't try comparing yourself to me or Lillia. We're born with unnatural blood and we have many strange customs." Kai seemed a bit sad.

"Well anyways, with these you can find your inner talents. In fact, before we advance any further, I want each of you to try and draw power from the stone... listen to what it asks you to do; or that is, what' you're asking yourself."

Level two moves can now be learned. Check Aggregate for more details.

Flarence tilts his head. He was a bit terrified, but he walked over to the Blacksmith and asked if he could place his hand over the flame. The blacksmith said no at first, but Flarence managed to convince him. "As long as you don't do anything stupid," the blacksmith told him.

And Flarence stuck his hand into the fire. Immediately, the stone in his other hand began speaking into his mind.

"So, you've awakened a bit..."

"Who are you?" Flarence asked.

"It's pathetic that you can't remember. I can't believe this seal, they really put you through hell."

Flarence was a little confused. If he's been sealed, he'd have remembered.... Flarence stopped himself. Maybe not. All Flarence really remembers is waking up and being told that he was a slave.

The voice read his thoughts. "Yes, a 'slave' is what you were called... but look at your markings... they have changed. You were no slave; it was a lie!"

Flarence's head began to hurt. The markings across his arm began to unravel, changing in form and straining the young man.

"Now, have a taste of who you are!"

Immediately, power poured into Flarence. He had to let it out somehow. Flarence knew the feeling of magic, but this was not magic, it was something different. Something that wanted to come out of his blood.... more precisely... out of his mouth.

Flarence yelled and flames burst through the roof of the blacksmith's house, pouring out of Flarence's mouth. When he was finished, Flarence instantly began apologizing to the man.

"W-whatever! Just get outta here, please, don't go starting fires everywhere!"

Flarence learned Dragon's Roar.

Yuri awakened to his new powers and felt overwhelmed. "T-this the power of an Expansion Stone..." Yuri could feel like he had gotten stronger by just gripping the stone. "Go ahead and use yours, One. It feels amazing..."

One had an small grin on his face ever since he had seen the leaf land on Kai's head. But his grin widened as he felt this new power surge through him. It was by far the best he'd felt in a long time. But he had one question on his mind...

"What're we listening for, exactly?"

"He meant to really concentrate, not on getting stronger, but to awaken you're inner power inside of you, and accept it as a new part of you...or something..." Yuri said.

As Astro was meditating he heard a bell get louder and louder. He woke up to see he woke up in this place which he felt was quite similar. Astro started walking abou and he heard a voice from the sky "Your test begins now" Astro was I kind off paranoid and started shouting" Shileax , Flarence?! where are you guys" There was no response...... A little girl came up to him and she said " Do you remmeber me? " Astro looks confused and says "No..." She replied "You dont remmember your own sister?" Astro fell down in tears... He remmembered that his family died in front of him. She said " You want to help these people but not your own family?" Astro was still weeping "I did the best I could :~:" She said " Not good enough"Astro realised this might all be an illusion. He took out his whip and in sorrow he whipped his sister to death. The voice said " Well done you can activate the spell with thise following words : Upon the stars in the heaven I sacrifice half my health so increase the damage that will be death. As he woke up from his meditation, Astro was still crying and panthing from the experience

Back