Coldstream Correctional Facility

• Thread starter dazention
  • Start date
Ayros turned towards Vahn and, stiffling his laughter, whispered "She is kinda hot though". He covered up a fit of laughter with a cough and raised his arm to shake the new girl's hand.

"And you are?"

"Name's Lara Lancaster, but you can refer to me as 'stupid drunk' or 'crazy psychopath'. That's what everyone else seems to call me!" She raised her bottle to drink, but found it empty. She chucked it aside and shoved past Ayros. "So we are we going? And specifically, where's the booze?"

Airos shrugged and said, "I could probably lift some off of a guard or something. Although, to be fair, getting in fights with drunks is generally not a good idea." He lifted his shirt to show off the multitude of cuts he had across his torso. With a laugh, he asked, "Impressed yet?"

Vahn looked at the deep gashes along ayros' torso. "Dude, how many fights have you been in?" Vahn said

Rath had long been lost in thought,you could even say he was overthinking and was way to conscious but when he saw Ayros flaunting his cuts he felt the need to say something,
"A wound isn't a mark of pride or victory,its a mark of defeat and weakness........and you my dear sir seem to have more than your fair share of them"
His uncalled for remark brought about an air of awkwardness but Rath didn't care he was busy wiping away some unwanted memories that were resurfacing due to his earlier outburst.
"So....lara was it?"rath continued casually it was rather out of character for him to be composed in these situations.
"forgive me out in the streets the only women you meet are the women of the night....though you don't seem that for off from them regardless all that i am interested in is.....are you strong?"
His question wasn't much more surprising than his last remark but it was surprising nonetheless.
"i don't mean physical strength alone.....if you know what makes you strong then don't reveal it carelessly"
"Trust is an investment, its essential but more so than that its risky"he added.
Rath ran his hand across his breast pocket and felt the memento he had managed to sneak in unnoticed, without waiting for an answer he slowly closed his eyes and sat on the ground against the wall his eyes closed.

Last edited:
The awkwardness had deeply lingered into the air. "Damn Rath, that was deep for someone like you." Vahn said.

Between Rath emo-ing out by the wall, and Ayros and Lara chatting away, Vahn had nothing to do. At that time, Vahn had found the flask he snuck in but forgot about, and started drinking away.

Last edited:
(okay i dont wanna tell people how to write but in general tatsumi unless you are writing in first person which none of us are remarks like 'Sheesh' wouldn't be used unless the character is talking.)

Rath could hear voices and bits and pieces of conversation things like "that was a downer" and "whats his problem" were abound, with "how many times have you done *that*?" and "I hope we have some hot chicks in there" sprinkled in here and there.

its not as if Rath wasn't interested in the conversations, actually on the contrary he wanted to join in but in his current state he hadn't had any sleep in the last 4 hours and that was a rarity for him, sleep was the only thing that kept him going,it may even have been one of his motivations to live for.

Rath slowly started getting swept away in the land of dreams the last thing he heard was "he must have a tiny one" which made him chuckle internally.

Lara was talking to Ayros, when she glanced over at Vahn. She noticed he was drinking out of a flask. She realized it had been a while since she had a drink. That wasn't good, a drunk Lara was a happy Lara. Kept her from thinking...."Hey, you there! You mind sharing the drink? I'm kinda losing my buzz."

Vahn had looked at Lara. He could've sworn he'd seen her somewhere before, but he couldn't quite put his finger on where. "Sure, go ahead. I don't mind." Vahn sealed his flask so it wouldn't spill the vodka, and passed it to Lara.

Lara snatched the flask and greedily began drinking it. In three seconds flat, it was empty. Lara signed a content sigh, and turned to Vahn. "Thanks!" she said as she tossed the flask back to him. "So...now that that's out of the way, how far is it to wherever we're going?"

Vahn looked at the man in blue with anger. "Hey old man! Where we goin'?!"

The man in blue was calm, Vahn's loudness and intensity didn't seem to bother him at all,well anyone would be calm if they had a 20mm in their breast pocket and the training to use it too.
he slowly turned his attention from the tablet that he was nothing things down in to the residents,the groups had been decided and some of them had clicked but the others were not making a sound,Rath wondered if the groups were pre determined or was it just on the whimsy of one man?.

"So younguns lets get you *corrected*"Dreg smirked,his smile almost said that no matter how many time he says this line it never gets old.

he gestured towards the towering translucent gate that was the entrance to our indefinite nightmare.

Cold Stream

Lara immediately ruined the tension by shouting "BOOOOO THAT PUN SUCKED!"

Ayros slowly snuck toward the guard. The 20mm in the man's breast pocket would be perfect.

Amateur. Ayros thought. Why would you keep a gun in your breast pocket?

In an instant, he had snatched the 20mm and had it pointed at the man. "How's that for defeat and weakness?" He said, laughing.

But the guard wasn't fazed. Why wasn't the guard fazed?

Ayros watched helplessly as the guard pulled a second pistol from his belt. Ayros pulled the trigger of his own gun, and heard the dissatisfying click of an empty chamber.

How could I have been so stupid?

Hahn had looked at Ayros and the old man, but then spoke up. "Carrying a non-loaded gun to fake us out. Clever, old man"

Vahn just kept to himself, refilled his flask and started drinking away...

Lara snatched Vahn's flask, and took a drink. She glanced over at the man holding what's probably a loaded gun, and stepped in front of him. "You'll have to forgive my friend here, he's pretty tipsy. You know, had one too many to drink before boarding. So you can't really hold him accountable for being a moron."

Vahn got up and walked up to lara. "You're one to talk, Lara."

Ayros, catching on pretty quick, let out a loud burp and faked a coughing fit.

"Man, I'm telling you, you gotta try," he burped again, "gotta try this stuff man. Oh man I love you man," and he hugged the guard and laughed. As he did he gave Lara a wink and mouthed the words, "Thank you!"

The guard shoved him away...but not before Ayros swiped twenty bucks out of the guard's wallet.

Back