Emulators or no?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
Ah, you meant like this ? Anyways, bootlegs cartridges (hacked games in real cartridge) are way too illegal and bad for the user who just wanted to play the original games.
Well yeah exactly. But for those that don't intend to make money off of them and don't particularly care for the original game, it's not necessarily a bad thing for them to do

Yes, sure it can also be innovative for people who don't care about the original. I think that the time where bootlegged cartridges were release in a massive amount was between the NES and the N64. I have also heard that they were bootlegged GameBoy Games !

Emulators are a disgrace.

Emulators are a disgrace.

But they are legal as long as you own the game and the console ! But I also agree with you, it's not as good as playing the game on the real console !

But they are legal as long as you own the game and the console ! But I also agree with you, it's not as good as playing the game on the real console !
Of course it's not as good as playing the game on the actual console emulators in fact are nothing better than the actual console to play the game with :p

Yes, that's why I will pay another Pokemon Silver Cartridge ! And I will use an emulator to makes hacks, spin-offs of Silver/Gold/Crystal !

Yes, that's why I will pay another Pokemon Silver Cartridge ! And I will use an emulator to makes hacks, spin-offs of Silver/Gold/Crystal !
Holding the actual cartridge and putting it into the gba is legit and awesome I like inserting games into the game slot of a consoles a lot :p my favourite thing to do lol.

Holding the actual cartridge and putting it into the gba is legit and awesome I like inserting games into the game slot of a consoles a lot :p my favourite thing to do lol.

Yes, and this will mean that I'll spend at least 5 more nights on my GBA:SP, since my brother doesn't use it anymore ! Perhaps I'll also get the chance, and get Pokemon Emerald too.

Yes, and this will mean that I'll spend at least 5 more nights on my GBA:SP, since my brother doesn't use it anymore ! Perhaps I'll also get the chance, and get Pokemon Emerald too.
Well that's cool , to play the games again but won't you get bored of the games and eventually don't play it I already got bored of those pokemon games a long time ago :eek:

Well that's cool , to play the games again but won't you get bored of the games and eventually don't play it I already got bored of those pokemon games a long time ago :eek:

Me ? Bored of a game ? Far from it. The only game that annoyed me in the Pokemon franchise was PokePark 2. The French voices gave me 2-3 headaches, and the camera was horrible sometimes, since it focused on your opponent, and not freely on you, like in any other game. Otherwise, the gameplay was quite good.

But no. I won't get bored from playing old games.

Actually I read somewhere that technically they aren't. But it's not like it matters anyway given that Nintendo isn't about to take extreme action against them
You won't regret it if you get pokemon emerald

Actually I read somewhere that technically they aren't. But it's not like it matters anyway given that Nintendo isn't about to take extreme action against them

You won't regret it if you get pokemon emerald

Yes, I know now. But people here sells it for at least 15€ (about 20$), so it's still expensive, when you know that for those 15€, I'll be able to grab Pokemon Silver, Red, Blue and Yellow at the same time !

Yes, I know now. But people here sells it for at least 15€ (about 20$), so it's still expensive, when you know that for those 15€, I'll be able to grab Pokemon Silver, Red, Blue and Yellow at the same time !
yeah, at this point $20 is a bit too much haha. You'd think that by now it'd be a lot cheaper than that....in any case, maybe once Hoenn remakes come out that price will be lowered a bit

yeah, at this point $20 is a bit too much haha. You'd think that by now it'd be a lot cheaper than that....in any case, maybe once Hoenn remakes come out that price will be lowered a bit

Yes. But first of all, I'll have to buy Black2, then the pack if I have some leftovers. But sure it would be interesting for me to test the Hoenn Gen.

Yes. But first of all, I'll have to buy Black2, then the pack if I have some leftovers. But sure it would be interesting for me to test the Hoenn Gen.
Yeah, Black 2 definitely takes priority for now. Especially with your import shop and all. Out of curiosity, do you know if it's possible to use emulators for Black/White/Black2/White2 pokemon and transferring them?

Yeah, Black 2 definitely takes priority for now. Especially with your import shop and all. Out of curiosity, do you know if it's possible to use emulators for Black/White/Black2/White2 pokemon and transferring them?

No, it won't work. I guess that PokeBank is cartridge-based. So, to transfer, you would need to put the cartridge, then boot the application.

No, it won't work. I guess that PokeBank is cartridge-based. So, to transfer, you would need to put the cartridge, then boot the application.
aren't R4 cards and such there to help act as a cartridge perhaps? idk in any case if it was possible it probably would be a really complicated process to attempt it lol

aren't R4 cards and such there to help act as a cartridge perhaps? idk in any case if it was possible it probably would be a really complicated process to attempt it lol

I suggest to don't try. R4 doesn't simulate the Game ID. It emulates it at runtime. But for PokeBank, the app will need the G-ID at runtime, without booting the cartridge, so you would typically get an error.

I suggest to don't try. R4 doesn't simulate the Game ID. It emulates it at runtime. But for PokeBank, the app will need the G-ID at runtime, without booting the cartridge, so you would typically get an error.
yeah, I guess. In any case I'm sure Nintendo thought it out well so it's not like an emulator would work anytime soon. Although I think they may have made it possible to trade with emulators in Gen IV/V, so I guess one could try transferring via that method and sending through a legit game if it's out there

yeah, I guess. In any case I'm sure Nintendo thought it out well so it's not like an emulator would work anytime soon. Although I think they may have made it possible to trade with emulators in Gen IV/V, so I guess one could try transferring via that method and sending through a legit game if it's out there

Emulators doesn't support Ni-Fi. You have to get a 2nd DS + a flash cart or use DeSMume and try send your Pokemons through the GTS, and even after, that would be a pain to get it back in the legal game.

Back