Favorite Fire Emblem Game

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
personally i like fire emblem 6 sword of seals and fire emblem 9 path of radiance ike and roy are just awesome

Fire Emblem from 2003. The 3 characters having their own story lines was really cool.

sacred stones was a good game but it just doesn't compare to gba fire emblem , three lords coming together, its the only fire emblem game with that many lords, also the game had such an interesting story , and had pretty good real life situations like if s teammate was injured that persons husband or wife would leave the field to help them (only with two characters) and its one of the only fire emblem games to have a game that follows up with the story when Eliwood( a main character) had his son Roy which was the protagonist of the sequel. it was just to good of a story for me to not love

each lord also had there own story before they came together so that's cool lol and the people weren't always serious it was more realistic, they took time to relax and had laughs. there is just so much to say about that great game

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite is Fire Emblem Awakening because they really innovated the game: Marriage, great and touching plot, awesome memorable characters and the freedom you receive. Also, The DLC is the major part of why I love this game OMG I can go on and on and on and on and on.

It's tough really. I loved the level design and story from FE7. However, I also loved the multiple pathways and the ability to grind in FE8. In FE:A though, I really enjoyed reading the support conversations and seeing the 5 support conversations cap in the GBA FE games really REALLY bothers me now. I love the excess content across all games.

Though if I were to choose...It would have to be FE:A with its excessive amount of content, the support conversations, free DLC maps, ability to grind, and just overall great games.

Mine personally is Fire Emblem Awakening (looking forward to the new one IN 2016!!! *cries to self*) mainly because it had casual mode which is GREAT because for me the older games were so tough because I tried to keep everyone evenly leveled AND alive. In the older games if someone died they never came back(Rest in Piece Will)so it was tough and I hated letting anyone die like I felt really bad for it which is why I would recommend Awakening.
Forget everything I said in this Casual mode is stupid xD

Reactions: Luna
i honestly loved FE:The Blazing Sword it had a pretty decent story for each main character and tells about our boy roy's father
i highly recommend this game for new FE players (but mostly its just nostalgia talking:p)

The only thing Awakening did better than pretty much any game in the series was supports. While the series always has interesting characters, the problem is the majority of their personality is locked behind a wonky, inefficient support system which usually placed an arbitrary limit on how many support conversations a character could have. Awakening fixed that.

Hypothetically, the best Fire Emblem game would be one with the Tellius games' gameplay and writing and RD's difficulty, with Awakening's gigantic support system. While I love even the easiest games of the series (in fact they tend to be the better ones), I also long to see Fire Emblem get pulled out of the hypercasual fate it has sealed for itself and another Radiant Dawn would be sure to do it.

My favorite Fire Emblem is Path of Radiance. For all intents and purposes, it's a perfect 10/10. Great cast of characters, a ludicrously strong lord, good political intrigue, and, while easy, doesn't ever reach the level of how broken in your favor Awakening is. Radiant Dawn isn't quite as good, but has a better skill system.

On my personal ranking list, Awakening is close to the bottom, not quite occupying the lowest tier with 6 but pretty close to it (though in a Lord tier list, Chrom is absolute bottom). Granted, I also don't hate Awakening or even dislike it. I dislike what it has done to the series and I dislike that it set the precedent for what new fans are expecting - marriage, waifus, a comparatively weak plot that centers on characters rather than war and politics, and absolute non-difficulty (even easier than the likes of PoR and Sacred Stones) - but it's not a bad game by any means. It's a bad Fire Emblem game, but even a bad Fire Emblem game is a solid game.

If you feel I've come on too strong I also gave a positive assessment of Awakening in this thread. I don't hate it. Honestly!

Reactions: SaiSymbolic
I haven't been a expert on this franchise as I like to do the classic mode when I played FE awakening and like I said I wasn't a expert at this so I kinda died my fair share but it's how the game should really be played imo but mine would have to be fire emblem awakening for the challenge and robin and Chrom are so cool. Also one of my favorite parts of the game is I bought the Roy dlc and I had so much fun with that and surprisingly I did better when I used him lol :p.

What's your favorite FE game in the series? Why? I'm wanting to try the series out and want to know where to start. Give me something good to judge my choice off of.

Start with Fire Emblem Awakening. It is honestly my favorite so far and is amazing for people getting into the series like I was. There are so many custom options for a character that each character can have multiple roles or different strategies to play with. Not only that but you can have a children with custom stats as well. This Fire Emblem game will keep drawing you in with characters, custom options, and a bunch of other stuff. Get this game!

sacred stones was a good game but it just doesn't compare to gba fire emblem , three lords coming together, its the only fire emblem game with that many lords, also the game had such an interesting story , and had pretty good real life situations like if s teammate was injured that persons husband or wife would leave the field to help them (only with two characters) and its one of the only fire emblem games to have a game that follows up with the story when Eliwood( a main character) had his son Roy which was the protagonist of the sequel. it was just to good of a story for me to not love

each lord also had there own story before they came together so that's cool lol and the people weren't always serious it was more realistic, they took time to relax and had laughs. there is just so much to say about that great game
technically binding blade came out first so it's a prequel to FE sword of flame

. Radiant Dawn is one of my all time favorite games. I think if it had a "true" support system it would be my favorite of any game. I just wish we could have had that development for the Dawn Brigade because they just seemed a little bland. I only say that because we really didn't get to find out all that much about them. At least there were info conversations.

LIER
. Radiant Dawn is one of my all time favorite games. I think if it had a "true" support system it would be my favorite of any game. I just wish we could have had that development for the Dawn Brigade because they just seemed a little bland. I only say that because we really didn't get to find out all that much about them. At least there were info conversations.
Lier! Where did you copy that from?? You don't even knew what FE was a week ago!! Impossible! :mad::dead::facepalm::eek:o_O:mad::punch::rage:

Fire Emblem: Awakening is good, but its not the same as the other games. But all told since it's IMPOSSIBLE to get your hands on Radiant Dawn, Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem(The first american one), the japanese ones, and even the one for the DS, without emulation, Awakening is probably your best bet.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is good, but its not the same as the other games. But all told since it's IMPOSSIBLE to get your hands on Radiant Dawn, Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem(The first american one), the japanese ones, and even the one for the DS, without emulation, Awakening is probably your best bet.
I can second that. Radiant Dawn in particular is very hard to come by. Going to Gamestop to get it is a terrible idea for your pockets. Last time I checked, it was still around 60 USD even through the game is like 5-7 years old. I came across Path of Radiance and I managed to get it for 24 USD but it's amazing how, at the time, Fire Emblem was such a niche series and now the older games are practically impossible to come by without sacrificing an arm and a leg.

Fire emblem awakening is my favourite because it is the first game I played in the series
I would give it 4/5

Personally I've only played Awakening, and though it's the only FE game I've played so far It's one of my favourite 3DS games.
My first run was on easy, second run on hard, and then I tried a classic hard campaign and then finally a lunatic classic campaign.
As you can see I've essentially wasted a lot of time replaying the game, and I don't usually play games that don't have multiple endings repeatedly. :hilarious:
I'm planning on getting Fates when it comes out and playing the PSP game (as soon as I find that...)
Hopefully I'll have a less biased opinion soon. :p

Tie between radiant dawn and binding blade

I know this is weird but I am trying to collect peoples fried list id could someone give me theres

my favorite fire emblem would have to be new mistery of the emblem, i liked it just because it continued the story of the first fire emblem and it´s fun.

Back