Favorite Fire Emblem Game

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Fire Emblem Awakening since that's the only one I have played. :p I heard some of the earlier games might be better storywise, but honestly, it can't get much better than Fire Emblem Awakening. So I can't really answer your question but Fire Emblem Awakening was intended to help newbies (like me) easy into the series. And it seems like it does just that. :)

Fire Emblem GBA (the one with Lyn) got me into the series, and it has so much replay value. Great plot, amazing sprites, Hectors mode is innovative, I love it so much.

personally i like fire emblem 6 sword of seals and fire emblem 9 path of radiance ike and roy are just awesome
Ike, yes, roy, not really I found him pretty useless until he got the sword of seals, but ike is just cool

I've only played Sacred Stones (part of it) and Awakening. For me, Awakening is a lot better in a lot of characteristics. Graphics are great (relatively) although it has some glitches, but the story and a lot of features makes you feel that you're really a part of the Fire Emblem universe.

Fire Emblem Awakening since that's the only one I have played. :p I heard some of the earlier games might be better storywise, but honestly, it can't get much better than Fire Emblem Awakening. So I can't really answer your question but Fire Emblem Awakening was intended to help newbies (like me) easy into the series. And it seems like it does just that. :)
Radiant Dawn is and will always be my favourite even though I have played all but Fates

Radiant Dawn is and will always be my favourite even though I have played all but Fates
So, together we would have played them all! You should really try Fates, it's really good. I'll try Radiant Dawn if i can get my hands on it. ;)

So, together we would have played them all! You should really try Fates, it's really good. I'll try Radiant Dawn if i can get my hands on it. ;)
Where I live Fates is coming out in 32 days and I'm gonna get it asap

Oh. Wait. I'm stupid. I confused Fates and Awakening. :facepalm:
Where I live Fates is coming out in 32 days and I'm gonna get it asap

Oh. Wait. I'm stupid. I confused Fates and Awakening. :facepalm:
Oh ok. Do you have super smash bros on Wii u cause I need more people to play with

Oh ok. Do you have super smash bros on Wii u cause I need more people to play with
I don't have a Wii U. :-/ But, let's not get too far of topic. ;)

GBA (the one with lyn) is my favorite

'For me its a draw between Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Fire Emblem Fates
Pros: Character creation, Unique characters, most of the story, Gameplay,
Cons: Character creation, Why can't i marry the one i want to, to get all kid characters, part of story weak especially for birthright but its still my favorite version and i can't say anything about revelation because i haven't finished it yet Weak villan, villan with lots of potential which they didn't use, Characters that has lots of potential which they didn't use

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Pros: Unique characters, gameplay, story, villan, Maps, very rewarding
Cons: Sometimes not fair maps, sometimes unlocking a enemy character is really frustrating(maybe just me)

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what you looking for. If it's challenge then you play Radiant Dawn or Shadow Dragon. If it's story then you play Sacred Stones or Awakening. My fav is either Sacred Stones or Radiant Dawn.

I've only played Sacred Stones and Path of radiance, but my favourite of the two would definitely have to be Sacred Stones. It was my first and in my opinion, more interesting through dialogue, story, gameplay and visuals. I just much prefer the style.

I haven't finished either, however I'm close to finishing Sacred Stones. I can't really be bothered to complete it though because each level takes so long now, and I hate losing team members so I can't be bothered to do it all over again when I lose a member. In Path of radiance I'm up to chapter 12 but I'm not that interested in continuing.. Call me slack if you want but something about Fire Emblem just makes me want to stop playing it after so many missions. It's a bit repetitive I suppose. Path of Radiance moreso than Sacred Stones.

I found it really cool with the 3D characters and animations of attacking opponents but that wasn't enough for me to get really into it. It's a bit slow.

I've heard Awakening is supposed to be really good though, so I could try it out.. eventually. Whenever it decides to be peasant-inclusive in pricing.

Got Sacred Stones as a part of the Ambassador Program. I had never played or seen footage of Fire Emblem before that, so I literally expected nothing of it. I chose to play it last out of all my ambassador games. However, I instantly loved it and played it more than the rest combined. :p Funnily enough I still haven't bought another Fire Emblem. Corrin in SSB4 has made me somewhat interested in Fates though, and I could always get Awakening. In fact, I might just go do that.

I've only played Sacred Stones and Path of radiance, but my favourite of the two would definitely have to be Sacred Stones. It was my first and in my opinion, more interesting through dialogue, story, gameplay and visuals. I just much prefer the style.

I haven't finished either, however I'm close to finishing Sacred Stones. I can't really be bothered to complete it though because each level takes so long now, and I hate losing team members so I can't be bothered to do it all over again when I lose a member. In Path of radiance I'm up to chapter 12 but I'm not that interested in continuing.. Call me slack if you want but something about Fire Emblem just makes me want to stop playing it after so many missions. It's a bit repetitive I suppose. Path of Radiance moreso than Sacred Stones.

I found it really cool with the 3D characters and animations of attacking opponents but that wasn't enough for me to get really into it. It's a bit slow.

I've heard Awakening is supposed to be really good though, so I could try it out.. eventually. Whenever it decides to be peasant-inclusive in pricing.
As soon as Fates comes out Awakening should drop in price. ;)

Reactions: Mr. L
As soon as Fates comes out Awakening should drop in price. ;)
Hopefully! I'm very interested in trying it and a bunch of friends recommended it to me. They wouldn't let me buy it off of them though :p I guess that's even more evidence it's really good!

One of them told me Awakening was originally going to be the last they were going to make in the series because of their usual poor sales, so I assume that's why it's so good. They must have put a ton of effort into it to try and revive the series. I don't know how true my friend's claims are though, I haven't looked into it.

Hopefully Fire Emblem Fates is also really good and sells well, but I fear they might have slacked off a bit because they assumed it'd have good sales regardless of its quality. However this is nintendo so it should be good.. I heard they've added the fancy touch of having feet in this too, so that's another selling point.

Hopefully! I'm very interested in trying it and a bunch of friends recommended it to me. They wouldn't let me buy it off of them though :p I guess that's even more evidence it's really good!

One of them told me Awakening was originally going to be the last they were going to make in the series because of their usual poor sales, so I assume that's why it's so good. They must have put a ton of effort into it to try and revive the series. I don't know how true my friend's claims are though, I haven't looked into it.

Hopefully Fire Emblem Fates is also really good and sells well, but I fear they might have slacked off a bit because they assumed it'd have good sales regardless of its quality. However this is nintendo so it should be good.. I heard they've added the fancy touch of having feet in this too, so that's another selling point.
Yes! I saw a gameplay trailer! They have FEET! And Awakening was indeed a last attempt to revive the series. Little did they know they would succeed so well.

Yes! I saw a gameplay trailer! They have FEET! And Awakening was indeed a last attempt to revive the series. Little did they know they would succeed so well.
Gosh :O Imagine if it failed.. No more fire emblem :( Like F-Zero ;-;

While I'm not the biggest fan of the series, I'm glad it's still going and Nintendo can still make money off of people enjoying one of their favourite franchises. It's sad when a franchise comes to its end. I feel obliged to get Awakening and Fates now.. purely to support nintendo and keep the series alive and well :p

Yes! I saw a gameplay trailer! They have FEET!
OMG I LOVE FEET! ;)
Gosh :O Imagine if it failed.. No more fire emblem :( Like F-Zero ;-;

While I'm not the biggest fan of the series, I'm glad it's still going and Nintendo can still make money off of people enjoying one of their favourite franchises. It's sad when a franchise comes to its end. I feel obliged to get Awakening and Fates now.. purely to support nintendo and keep the series alive and well :p
Yeah man I know what you mean, I want to get Fates too now. Let us hope it doesn't take the same route that Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Metroid, and Animal Crossing have gone lately though.....

Also rest in peace F Zero. You shall be missed. But for now, 200 CC Blue Falcon with Captain Falcon Amiibo+Mii will have to do >D:

Back