Fates Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation - General Topic)

• Thread starter Icemario
  • Start date
From the Japanese Direct today:

Not really sure what to say to this feature and everything around it, but I do like the return of FE12's magic shop music.
Thanks for sharing!

Wow! We can walk around in town now! Also, if you press subtitles then let google translate those to English you get some weird stuff. As usual. :p It's not all <censored> though. What I get is some stuff about a new playmodus and being able to look 360 degrees around you with an environment as far as the eye can reach. They also suggest the view will change as the war progresses, meaning that the story will actually influence the environment. It also appears you'll have your own house and in gardenlike ruins you can find items. Stuff in the gardens appears to be used in meals? Pretty interesting. Also; you can move around the buildings in town. This whole townsystem even has tax. I think the new modus they're talking about is really the way you'll have to manage a town. There is also a cafetaria. What's more accessories! We can customise our characters in-game now!

Honestly just watch the video, it tells a lot about the game.

Thanks for sharing!

Wow! We can walk around in town now! Also, if you press subtitles then let google translate those to English you get some weird stuff. As usual. :p It's not all bulls**t though. What I get is some stuff about a new playmodus and being able to look 360 degrees around you with an environment as far as the eye can reach. They also suggest the view will change as the war progresses, meaning that the story will actually influence the environment. It also appears you'll have your own house and in gardenlike ruins you can find items. Stuff in the gardens appears to be used in meals? Pretty interesting. Also; you can move around the buildings in town. This whole townsystem even has tax. I think the new modus they're talking about is really the way you'll have to manage a town. There is also a cafetaria. What's more accessories! We can customise our characters in-game now!

Honestly just watch the video, it tells a lot about the game.
?! They have poké amie with humans! W.T.F. (I haven't watched the whole video yet, this is just plain weird.)

Yeah the Fire Emblem Amie is pretty weird.

Probably one of the only things I actively dislike about the feature, besides that I'm cool with it.

Also:

Amiibo usage confirmed with the Fire Emblem ones; you can tap one in to fight the respective unit in your town.

they also wreck you into next week

Still no word on a Western release is there?

Still no word on a Western release is there?
No, there was word on that ages ago.

It's said to come out in 2016 for Europe and North America, Japan just gets it on the 25th this month so they've been more revealing with things for them.

Apologies for le doubling, but:

Apologies for le doubling, but:

Awesome! Joker the butler? Sounds like...
comic-alfred-as-the-joker.jpg

That Fire Emblem amie thing.... Japan never fails to amaze me.
The animations have really been improved in this though.

That Fire Emblem amie thing.... Japan never fails to amaze me.
The animations have really been improved in this though.
I thought it was silly when I saw it without translation but with translation it just gets worse! XD Why would you want you stroke someone's face?!

We all knew that they would change the name from Fire Emblem If because of its exclusion from every US released trailer but it's finally confirmed as Fire Emblem Fates!

Do you guys prefer Fates or If?

We all knew that they would change the name from Fire Emblem If because of its exclusion from every US released trailer but it's finally confirmed as Fire Emblem Fates!

Do you guys prefer Fates or If?
I guess "Fates" sounds better though I got used to calling it "If" already. But 'if' just isn't a noun and I think it would be just as weird as calling the game Fire Emblem But. (Lol) So I guess Fates is better, though I expected something a bit more creative. Fates is really plain, they could as well have called it Fire Emblem Possibilities or something like that. ...I guess I don't know yet, no big dislike for the name, no great liking either.

Possibilities sounds cheesy, Fates works for me.

I prefer If, though.

Personally, If sounds better to me right now. This will most likely change as I get use to Fates though. Remember finding 'If' and thinking 'wtf is this'. I am liking Fates more and more as the minutes pass though. Though the word would be more majestic (not exactly sure what I mean by this) but 'Fates' works

Fire emblem If sounds like a great Nintendo game. I cannot wait till we get in in north America. I heard that there are decisions that really influences the story and I cannot wait! Who will be the main characters?

Fire emblem If sounds like a great Nintendo game. I cannot wait till we get in in north America. I heard that there are decisions that really influences the story and I cannot wait! Who will be the main characters?
You will be the main character, for the rest it depends what side you pick. :D

In the Nintendo Direct today, a new Fire Emblem game (hype hype hype) was announced for the Nintendo 3DS. Have a trailer:

It completely shifts the atmosphere of the game, though the engine remains rather identical. Thoughts?
Yeah, I saw the trailer too and it seems as polished as could be. And I saw that there are two sides of the story: Hoshido and Nohr. I also see that there will be new classes appearing in the trailer and that's a new feel. But someone told me that you will not be able to get Chrom and other Dlc, but I haven't looked in it yet.

Yeah, I saw the trailer too and it seems as polished as could be. And I saw that there are two sides of the story: Hoshido and Nohr. I also see that there will be new classes appearing in the trailer and that's a new feel. But someone told me that you will not be able to get Chrom and other Dlc, but I haven't looked in it yet.
You can get other DLCs, including the other storyline (so Hoshido or Nohr, whichever you didn't pick) and a whole new one (where you don't choose sides), but no Awakening characters.

I feel like this is behind since I've been watching the trailers in Japan xD I'm not happy that they changed If to Fates in America but other than that I mean I'm hyped except the worst part is is that its gonna be released in America in 2016 while Japan gets it on the 25th of this month

I feel like this is behind since I've been watching the trailers in Japan xD I'm not happy that they changed If to Fates in America but other than that I mean I'm hyped except the worst part is is that its gonna be released in America in 2016 while Japan gets it on the 25th of this month
But that always happens, Japan gets everything sooner. And more. Ughhhh.

You can get other DLCs, including the other storyline (so Hoshido or Nohr, whichever you didn't pick) and a whole new one (where you don't choose sides), but no Awakening characters.
Robin and Lucina can be recruited if you have their Amiibo and beat them.

Also:

Back