Fates Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation - General Topic)

• Thread starter Icemario
  • Start date
The trailer has been translated:

Wow! Thanks for posting this! The Hoshido part was pretty obvious but now that I know what they say in the Nohr path it appears quite a different game.

The trailer has been translated:

Thanks for posting this. I didn't realise the release date, at least in Japan (and hopefully the rest of the world) was this close.

A minor update. The developers said that the Black(Nohr) side would be extremely difficult with additional victory goals, including limited number of turns, defending a castle and breaching a defensive wall of enemies. Also, there won't be any random encounters in the Nohr version, unlike Awakening and the Hoshido version.
On the third campaign, they said that it would more difficult than the Hoshido but easier than the Nohr campaign, but didn't really go into depth.

Hey, that trailer thing reminds me of a thing.
You guys remember the beast that we see the MU transform into, that's briefy in the original trailer and in a screenshot?
Well we have a gameplay screenshot (I seached and searched, but cannot find it) where we see the main character's class translated as "Dark Priest". This is not related to the FE4 final boss's class Dark Priest which was just a stronger sage, but a new class that is either the MU's starting class or an advancement of it.
Back to the crazy beast thing. The class's weapons are swords and dragonstones.
Just an interesting little tidbit.

Personally, I'm a fan of different difficulties and stuff like that because its an option that anyone can take or not take. Although I thought a limited number of weapon uses was a pain, this really is a bummer because it added another thing that made Fire Emblem a bit more special and strategical.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/1...modes-and-no-longer-has-limited-weapon-usage/

To put it bluntly, I hate these decisions, especially the weapon one; they could've just made that a mode or something, ugh.

This hurt my hype levels, my I'm still hoping they can compensate by making the game considerably harder in the other areas.

While not a deal-breaker, it is rather annoying. The resource management was a pretty fun part of FE, and was basically one of those RPG cores that should be there. Still I have faith that they'll compensate somewhere to make up for it.
The easier modes like that 'Phoenix' mode absolutely don't affect me but it's easy to see why they did it, and probably involved very little extra work so I don't mind that.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/1...modes-and-no-longer-has-limited-weapon-usage/

To put it bluntly, I hate these decisions, especially the weapon one; they could've just made that a mode or something, ugh.

This hurt my hype levels, my I'm still hoping they can compensate by making the game considerably harder in the other areas.
Annoying but not too much. Since there will be a lot of new features I imagine the playground will simply shift to using those effectively and well-timed which also seems fun. :) I think they know they should compensate and probably will.

I could understand and appreciate Casual mode, it didn't change much besides have characters return after a battle if they die which makes it less jarring for newcomers to the series,

I wouldn't care about Phoenix mode because I wouldn't use it, but how it changes the game just bothers me far too much and there's literally no reason to include such a mode. Any people who start with If will have Casual mode, they don't need a mode where they can just throw their units into peril and let them die several times every single chapter.

It doesn't even make sense with the setting of the game, being injured and having to retreat for that battle actually made logical sense, but to return after such a short amount of time is just ridiculously easy, asinine and breaks away from the conventional Fire Emblem mindset, and makes it more like Advance Wars, where you have an unlimited supply of units that you can send to their death many, many times and not suffer any long-lasting repercussions. I mean, I love Advance Wars, but I'd rather they retain their differences.

On an unrelated note, I love the 9+ save slots in this game.

im scared of the new fire emblem because your ememies can pair up and they can attack who you pair up with

I could understand and appreciate Casual mode, it didn't change much besides have characters return after a battle if they die which makes it less jarring for newcomers to the series,

I wouldn't care about Phoenix mode because I wouldn't use it, but how it changes the game just bothers me far too much and there's literally no reason to include such a mode. Any people who start with If will have Casual mode, they don't need a mode where they can just throw their units into peril and let them die several times every single chapter.

It doesn't even make sense with the setting of the game, being injured and having to retreat for that battle actually made logical sense, but to return after such a short amount of time is just ridiculously easy, asinine and breaks away from the conventional Fire Emblem mindset, and makes it more like Advance Wars, where you have an unlimited supply of units that you can send to their death many, many times and not suffer any long-lasting repercussions. I mean, I love Advance Wars, but I'd rather they retain their differences.

On an unrelated note, I love the 9+ save slots in this game.
9+ save slots? Did I miss an update? That's great! That means roughly 3 per storyline! (Well, you know, per side of the story I suppose I should say.)

I have to agree, Phoenix mode is ridiculous. The whole idea is that you think carefully whether you should move your units or use items to heal them. It could only be needed if Nohr was so ridiculously hard that you'd be wiped out in two turns if you make a mistake. Then again, Nohr was meant to be menacingly hard so why add Phoenix mode? If people want to play all three sides they should play them the way there were meant to be played. Then again, it's nice how they allow for everyone to play everything. It seems like they put an enormous effort into making this game perfect and fun for everyone. It's always hard to know whether a game should be hard for the more experienced players or easy to welcome newcomers. Though I loathe the idea of Phoenix mode, it is understandable and probably a smart move.

Reactions: Ashkil
9+ save slots? Did I miss an update? That's great! That means roughly 3 per storyline! (Well, you know, per side of the story I suppose I should say.)

I have to agree, Phoenix mode is ridiculous. The whole idea is that you think carefully whether you should move your units or use items to heal them. It could only be needed if Nohr was so ridiculously hard that you'd be wiped out in two turns if you make a mistake. Then again, Nohr was meant to be menacingly hard so why add Phoenix mode? If people want to play all three sides they should play them the way there were meant to be played. Then again, it's nice how they allow for everyone to play everything. It seems like they put an enormous effort into making this game perfect and fun for everyone. It's always hard to know whether a game should be hard for the more experienced players or easy to welcome newcomers. Though I loathe the idea of Phoenix mode, it is understandable and probably a smart move.

Exactly what I felt. Doesn't really affect me but makes total sense from a wide market point of view

Reactions: PersonSP
9+ save slots? Did I miss an update? That's great! That means roughly 3 per storyline! (Well, you know, per side of the story I suppose I should say.
Yeah apparently there's nine, that link I posted might mention it but I don't remember.

I've also been told it increases by three if you buy an extra story, but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: PersonSP
Yeah apparently there's nine, that link I posted might mention it but I don't remember.

I've also been told it increases by three if you buy an extra story, but don't quote me on that.
Jup, it's in the link: "There’s a total of nine save data slots, and with each additional DLC scenario, it will increase by three more save slots." So that'd make a maximum of 15... (Your own 9 plus 3 for each extra storyline.) Woah, does that even fit on that tiny card? :eek: They're surely outdoing themselves. That means you could have a save file for each difficulty level for each storyline and you'd still have slots left!

Reactions: Icemario
Sooo... to make up for the limited weapon usage, it seems like they added in another feature to counter this, that being side affects with each stronger weapon. I think I might dig this. Seems like a pretty cool way to balance out the limited weapon removal by making you think of which weapon to use due to there additional demerits.

If anyone wants a link, I'll leave where I found it here:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-if-introduces-new-weapon-triangle-system/

Reactions: Icemario
Sooo... to make up for the limited weapon usage, it seems like they added in another feature to counter this, that being side affects with each stronger weapon. I think I might dig this. Seems like a pretty cool way to balance out the limited weapon removal by making you think of which weapon to use due to there additional demerits.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-if-introduces-new-weapon-triangle-system/

That's actually really cool. My lost faith has been restored

Interesting! And then there's also the stuff about different weapons for the different storylines... It could be slightly annoying though. It means that if you have a unit with incredibly high attack and just enough defence you wouldn't be able to let them use the best weapons... Oh well, my Frederick (in FEA) crushes enemies with a bronze sword (haven't tried the log yet).

http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/27...may-new-characters-classes-skills/#more-26675

Famitsu update, still no confirmation on the promotions for maids and butlers but we can hope for some news soon.
Hey thanks! I wonder what those elemental clans are all about? It surely does sound interesting. Cyrus is interesting too. It states that he is an ally in both campaigns, either he always sticks to you (like Frederick to Chrom) or in at least one game he's a traitor. Quite a tricky role to keep up.

From the Japanese Direct today:

Not really sure what to say to this feature and everything around it, but I do like the return of FE12's magic shop music.

Back