General chat

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
  • #1,081
:rotfl:

Okay, do you know what a riot is, actually?
"a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd."
"riots broke out in the capital"

If some demon boss goes smashing guys in hell, it's not really a riot since a) there wasn't any peace to begin with and b) he's all on his lonesome. And if it's the tiny demons against the big demon, there still wasn't any peace to begin with. It's a nice image though, very detailed.

Anyhoo, that's very relaxed music, a tiny pinch of Scottish folk over some guitar but this stuff makes me sleep rather than riot. There's no energy behind it. It's very melodic and maybe a tiny bit edgy (mainly due to the vocals, but those are way underperformed). The melody itself however, is very slow resulting in a lullaby. If you want me to riot then bring something with some power behind it.
Well my point was sorta missed. I'm not arguing, just arguing your arguing me. :giggle: No vendettas now.

a) That wasn't hell, that was a dark corner of Ravnica, and comparatively speaking it's as above ground as the city we stand in. More importantly, there are plenty huge things in Ravnica so it's still a fair fight. Rakdos creeps tend to show up pretty swift-like, so there's your violent disturbance, and even their black-red magics turn people against other people. (More of a crowd then.)

b) Don't 'cha know movies edit out some parts of songs to fit the situation? :pompus: That near-opening part with the first few lyrics are damn exciting! And the next-to-last-part too. I didn't want to/don't know how to super-cut the music for the good parts, and I hoped there'da been an understanding that the lyrics are about an upset of mortals toward the angels. "Ragged faces turned up to the rain, staring down... drawing down the rain..." Sounds like a riot brewing if you ask me. And the last part, "a barren wasteland dreamt through streets of prescription mist..." if you ask me, was narration as pitchforks and torches were about.

Bonus round c) That song you picked, Three-Days-Grace, Let's Start a Riot, isn't a riot because it's in the lyrics. :meh: You even defined Riot for me, yet you pick a song about a few hooligans spraying graffiti and whining about how unfair the world is. Just one of them thinks "Hey! Let's pick up some blunt instruments, smash a few mailboxes and windshields, then go back to our garage and sing about it! I think that's what a riot is!" :rotfl: Yep, real boy-band push-and-shove-fest music. reeeeeal impressive.
I had high-hopes you'da picked riot music, given your musical tastes.

Anyway, the heat of May knocked out the power here for a few hours. I appreciate it more now that I spent the morning without it. Yeah it's gotten that hot now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,082
  • #1,083
I doubt it.
If we can't even agree on what anarchy is, then we must be doing it wrong. :blackeye:

• #1,084
  • #1,085
So, whats going on peeps? ...besides all this non-existent anarchy. :p

• #1,086
Yo! How's life?

• #1,087
Yo! How's life?
Grass-stains and burnt-rubber. That's just my life anyway.
I've been drawing like crazy though - It's not ready yet!

• #1,088
Yo! How's life?

Pretty much boring. I have no job (It's been like that since last October) so I have way too much free time nowadays. xD

I need more hobbies! I like art, but sadly I'm not very skilled. xD

• #1,089
Pretty much boring. I have no job (It's been like that since last October) so I have way too much free time nowadays. xD

I need more hobbies! I like art, but sadly I'm not very skilled. xD
You need to practice to get skilled. And since you have plenty of time... :D

Reactions: MindzEye and Mikaya
  • #1,090
You need to practice to get skilled. And since you have plenty of time... :D
I second that remark! It only took me almost 10 months to get somewhere, (self-taught!) and look where I am now!

Last edited:
  • #1,091
  • #1,092
All is good in the hood over here, how about you?
Fabulous. Travelling all over Europe and had some fancy parties as well. :D I've been waiting all year for this, school had to come first for my finals but now that that's done I'm ready to rock!

• #1,093
Sounds like quite the adventure!

• #1,094
It is :D

Reactions: Joe.
  • #1,095
I'll bet. *high fives*

• #1,096
>_<
So how's everyone doing?

Reactions: Joe.
  • #1,097