Tutorial HomePass for 9.X.X 3DS Systems

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant get it to work, the laptop crashes just about a 30 seconds i run nzone and i got blue screen, after that windows tells me that i have to restore the start up.... I have win7 :eek:

I finally got it working! I've never seen so many homepasses before.
Dark, you are a genius. But I don't when I got the Eon Ticket...

Reactions: D4rkDragon and Marc
I just cant get it to work, the laptop crashes just about a 30 seconds i run nzone and i got blue screen, after that windows tells me that i have to restore the start up.... I have win7 :eek:

It means that you have an Atheros card... In that case, I can't help you, since those are known to crash whenever you change the MAC.
I finally got it working! I've never seen so many homepasses before.
Dark, you are a genius. But I don't when I got the Eon Ticket...

Great! Normally, you'll have to check the notifications in the Navi-Show. After a bunch of messages (Updating Secret Bases and stuff like that), it will tell you that you've got the Eon Ticket. After, just rush to the nearest Pokémon Center, and talk to the girl near the counter.

If it doesn't work, I suggest you to wait a bit and retry, it should work within a few tries (I got it on the 2nd time).

It means that you have an Atheros card... In that case, I can't help you, since those are known to crash whenever you change the MAC.

Great! Normally, you'll have to check the notifications in the Navi-Show. After a bunch of messages (Updating Secret Bases and stuff like that), it will tell you that you've got the Eon Ticket. After, just rush to the nearest Pokémon Center, and talk to the girl near the counter.

If it doesn't work, I suggest you to wait a bit and retry, it should work within a few tries (I got it on the 2nd time).
i have a atheros card and i dont get a crash when changing mac thought i cant get homepass to work guss this method doesnt work with atheros cards...

Last edited by a moderator:
currently it doesn't work on the N3DS, it has the Internet icon, but no StreetPass

currently it doesn't work on the N3DS, it has the Internet icon, but no StreetPass

Which method are you using ? I think they didn't modified the way the N3DS interact with other 3DS.
(Please post the method you're using, your wireless card's name, the OS and the console's FW version...)

So i'm using a N3DS XL fw 9.4.0-21E, method nzone.exe, my wireless card name is
Ralink 802.11n wireless lan card
on windows 7 (but in the first step i have the range with two 1)
(because every method doesn't work on windows 8.1 for me)

So i'm using a N3DS XL fw 9.4.0-21E, method nzone.exe, my wireless card name is
Ralink 802.11n wireless lan card
on windows 7 (but in the first step i have the range with two 1)
(because every method doesn't work on windows 8.1 for me)

Ok. Remove all Internet connections from the 3DS (add a letter to the SSID so the console doesn't see it anymore).
Then, get back to the main menu. After this, open a command prompt as an admin, and type "nzone.exe start BASE256" or "nzone.exe start BASE16". Everything should be set up by the program, so, you just have to wait for the console to display an alert about a Nintendo Zone being near, and then, you have to close the console.

And, it might take a while depending on the selected base. BASE16 might give you more StreetPasses, but at the cost of a longer cool down (30 minutes needed before changing MAC addresses). Also, don't forget: you can only StreetPass each MAC once every 8 hours.

If it still doesn't work, then:
-Plug your laptop/computer with a LAN cable directly to your router.
-Do what I said about nzone.exe (start BASE16 or start BASE256)
-Press Windows + R -> type "ncpa.cpl"
-Select your wired/Ethernet connection, and click "Properties"
-Share this connection with the hosted network created by nzone.exe (Local Connection Area *XX or something, unless you named it otherwise)

If it still doesn't work, tell me, I'll try to give it a look.

I don't have any connection on my N3DS but it's weird because today i start maccheck and i have only one 1

I don't have any connection on my N3DS but it's weird because today i start maccheck and i have only one 1

Only one 1 ? Weird...

Yes only one, but yesterday at night i have 2, i really don't understand lol

Yes only one, but yesterday at night i have 2, i really don't understand lol

Really weird, though if you had 2 ones, it means your card supports MAC Address spoofing + hosted network (everything needed to be clearer).

yes, because i start the nzone.exe, i have "internet" on the local connection, but no internet on the N3DS now, but i have nintendo zone alert

yes, because i start the nzone.exe, i have "internet" on the local connection, but no internet on the N3DS now, but i have nintendo zone alert

Okay. Does IPv4 says "Internet" or something like "No Internet Access" ?

PS: By IPv4, I meant the Hosted Network's IPv4. You can see it by clicking on the Network and clicking "Details"...

Internet

Okay, then. If nzone.exe is running, stop it, and relaunch it with BASE256 or BASE16 argument, wait for 3DS to notify you about a Nzone being nearby, and put it in sleep mode.

I do that, but today i don't have internet at the top of N3DS, just "Activated" and after streetpass

im sorry if i dont word this right, but im a bit confused, the 1 post you say says you need the blue wifi connection signal for it to properly homepass, but i cant ever seem to get my 3ds to do that with ANY homepass method of any kind, and ive tried both the old and new methods, and a few others from other sources

in addition, the MAC Spoofing command script wasnt consistent for me...first time it came back with that whole line straight zeros, but the next few times it came back with a single 1 mixed in at the proper spot for the first 1...but not a second 1

im trying to figure out what im doing wrong...

im under the impression it still needs the virtual adapter created by the original method but i suppose im lost in transition

if i try to use Command Promp to executre "nzone.exe run BASE16" (or BASE256) without having the Virtual Adapter up and running it wont start nzone.exe and will return an error in the prompt

but even when it does, my 3ds wont get the blue wifi access bar signal...itlll start up Nzone shortly after turning on the system then itll start streetpassing

but i dont think im getting any hits...at all

forgot to add, using Windows 7 64-bit

Last edited:
im sorry if i dont word this right, but im a bit confused, the 1 post you say says you need the blue wifi connection signal for it to properly homepass, but i cant ever seem to get my 3ds to do that with ANY homepass method of any kind, and ive tried both the old and new methods, and a few others from other sources

in addition, the MAC Spoofing command script wasnt consistent for me...first time it came back with that whole line straight zeros, but the next few times it came back with a single 1 mixed in at the proper spot for the first 1...but not a second 1

im trying to figure out what im doing wrong...

im under the impression it still needs the virtual adapter created by the original method but i suppose im lost in transition

if i try to use Command Promp to executre "nzone.exe run BASE16" (or BASE256) without having the Virtual Adapter up and running it wont start nzone.exe and will return an error in the prompt

but even when it does, my 3ds wont get the blue wifi access bar signal...itlll start up Nzone shortly after turning on the system then itll start streetpassing

but i dont think im getting any hits...at all

If it's a straight line full of zeroes, sorry to tell you this, but it means your Wi-Fi card isn't compatible with HomePass...

it only did that the first time like i said, the 2nd time and every time since its had a single 1 in the right spot

also its an older laptop and its had its share of weirdness over the past year or 2...thats why im wondering why the results on the mac spoof command script arent consistent...its only given me the straight 0s once...every time since it had a single 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back