Last movie you saw

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Watched through the first three Star Wars movies with my brother this past week. We were planning on watching the prequels but we couldn't stop laughing at the opening. Also the DVD stopped working, so there's that.

Secret Life of Walter Mitty

and I need to say that I really enjoyed it, I recommend it.

Terminator Genisys!

Since last time I posted here,I have respectively watched Inside Out,Mission Impossible-Rogue Nation,Ant-Man and Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva;all of which were amazing. :D

Last edited:
TheInbetweeners Movie. So hilarious, and full of random moments. The boys are awesome in their own ways. <3

My fav is Ant-man espically since it shows a scene from CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR!!!!!!:woot::woot:

Watched Star Wars the Force Awakens last weekend.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Hotel Transylvania 2. It was banal at some parts, but overall I guess I enjoyed it - if nothing else then only for the hilarious GPS voice:
"Please input your destination. Please! I am begging you." "Turn right. You imbecile!" "You have reached your destination. Yes! Yes!" :hilarious:

Reactions: Moon Rain
The last movie I watched was.
Love or whatever.

The last movie I saw that wasn't i theaters was Wreck it Ralph. I never saw it before and my friend showed it to me. It was pretty good. It was basicilly like Toy Story except with video games, and video game characters. It was really cute and sweet at the end and it wasn't very predictable, like a lot of princess movies. You just know that the person didn't die or that they get married and live happily at the end. The last movie I saw in theaters was Star Wars 7 : The Force Awakens. It was really good. The acting was good, the action was good everything was good, except for the plot. You see in case you haven't noticed the basic plot structure was almost identical to the plot structure for episode 4: A New Hope. So that is why in my mind it was not as good as A New Hope, because it was A New Hope, making it not original. Hopefully they will fix this for Star Wars 8 though because the ending still leaves it pretty open.

The last movie I saw that wasn't i theaters was Wreck it Ralph. I never saw it before and my friend showed it to me. It was pretty good. It was basicilly like Toy Story except with video games, and video game characters. It was really cute and sweet at the end and it wasn't very predictable, like a lot of princess movies. You just know that the person didn't die or that they get married and live happily at the end. The last movie I saw in theaters was Star Wars 7 : The Force Awakens. It was really good. The acting was good, the action was good everything was good, except for the plot. You see in case you haven't noticed the basic plot structure was almost identical to the plot structure for episode 4: A New Hope. So that is why in my mind it was not as good as A New Hope, because it was A New Hope, making it not original. Hopefully they will fix this for Star Wars 8 though because the ending still leaves it pretty open.

Can you elaborate on how A New Hope and The Force Awakens have similar plots? I don't exactly remember the plot of A New Hope.

As the last movies I watched in 2015,those would be Spongebob SquarePants:Sponge Out of Water and Big Hero 6.Both were very entertaining,and I've anticipated to watch both for a long time.
Is it ok for me to say that Baymax is one of the best secondary main characters that Disney has ever put on screen? :p

Recently saw a short fantasy film from 1980 called Black Angel, which is most notable for being an influence on both Star Wars and Excalibur and overall, it was pretty "meh". Besides some beautiful Scottish locations, well made costumes and it's moody atmosphere, the film just doesn't have much to offer in terms of depth and I can only recommend watching it for it's historical relevance, it's legally available to watch for free on Youtube if you're interested.

Sure @Chief I would be glad too (SPOILER ALERT FOR BOTH MOVIES). Let's take a look at the first couple of scenes on both movies. In A new hope, Darth Vader goes onto Leia's ships in an attempt to obtain the death stars. She is captured, but what he really doesn't know is that R2D2 really has the plans and he and C3PO escape, only to find Luke. In the Force Awakens, Kylo Ren attempts to get the map to Luke from Poe. He is captured, but little does he know it that BB8 has the real map and runs away, only to find Rey. Next let's look at the scenes where Finn and Han go and rescue Rey. Here Finn goes to rescue Rey and Han gets killed by Kylo Ren. They also lower down the new death star's shields. (his son) and falls out of the sky, with Rey yelling at Kylo Ren. In a new hope a similar thing happens here. Luke, Han and while being pulled in by the Death Star, decided to go an rescue Leia. Obi Wan splits up from the rest, disables the death star's shields, and meets Darth Vader. There the fight for a little bit and Obi Wan willingly dies saying "If you strike me down, I will grow more powerful than you ever imagine." He then dies (killed by his apprentice) while Luke sees it and he yells angrily. Then they escape and in both movies the death star (and the thing from episode 7) are destroyed bla bla roll credits. Except there is one thing that happens at the end of episode 7 that is like episode 5, the empire strikes back. She goes and finds Luke. She then offers him his lightsaber and clearly wants to be trained by him. In episode 5, Luke willingly goes to dagobah to find Yoda and learn from him. See the similarities?

Sure @Chief I would be glad too (SPOILER ALERT FOR BOTH MOVIES). Let's take a look at the first couple of scenes on both movies. In A new hope, Darth Vader goes onto Leia's ships in an attempt to obtain the death stars. She is captured, but what he really doesn't know is that R2D2 really has the plans and he and C3PO escape, only to find Luke. In the Force Awakens, Kylo Ren attempts to get the map to Luke from Poe. He is captured, but little does he know it that BB8 has the real map and runs away, only to find Rey. Next let's look at the scenes where Finn and Han go and rescue Rey. Here Finn goes to rescue Rey and Han gets killed by Kylo Ren. They also lower down the new death star's shields. (his son) and falls out of the sky, with Rey yelling at Kylo Ren. In a new hope a similar thing happens here. Luke, Han and while being pulled in by the Death Star, decided to go an rescue Leia. Obi Wan splits up from the rest, disables the death star's shields, and meets Darth Vader. There the fight for a little bit and Obi Wan willingly dies saying "If you strike me down, I will grow more powerful than you ever imagine." He then dies (killed by his apprentice) while Luke sees it and he yells angrily. Then they escape and in both movies the death star (and the thing from episode 7) are destroyed bla bla roll credits. Except there is one thing that happens at the end of episode 7 that is like episode 5, the empire strikes back. She goes and finds Luke. She then offers him his lightsaber and clearly wants to be trained by him. In episode 5, Luke willingly goes to dagobah to find Yoda and learn from him. See the similarities?

Yes, that is very well explained. Thank you. I can agree, those are very similar story-lines.

However, for me personally, I just watch all the movies collectively and subsequently as if they were all put together into one disc. I know it's easy to analyze the plot and see what went wrong but I think it's more enjoyable when people watch it like a long movie. :)

The last one I saw was The Visit...never again.:bag:

Nope never again will I visit my grandparents with those freaking 'Dark Darkies' .

Star Wars The Force Awakens =3

Twice...

Lucy. At first it was alright, but as it progressed, it got weirder and weirder by the moment. She could control pretty much everything, although there were loads of people after her because of this. :p

Last movie I watched was Stranded it was on Netflix. Pretty messed up movie. It was about a shape-shifting alien killing astronauts. I was bored lol.

Back