Last movie you saw

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Deadpool !!!!!
and it was a great movie I laughed the entire movie

Just watched a movie called Room after seeing it win something at the Oscars. Really sad movie. Really good.

Hetalia: Paint It White best anime movie I ever saw!

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was mainly for my brother, but I really liked it.
And now I want to see the next one. I haven't even see the older Star Wars movies...

Home alone (the first one), although I've seen it a dozen times, at least. My brother said he hadn't seen it all the way through so why not? it was full of laughs, random moments, the perfect family film. Brings back memories. :p

I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens (it leaked in HD) and Ex Machina two days ago. I pirated the Force Awakens since I wasn't a huge fan of the first 6 and I didn't want to pay money for a "meh'. Luckily, it wasn't meh, so I'll be seeing the next one in the cinema. :D Ex Machina was pretty good too.

I also saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens - I'm a big fan of Star Wars but ehh, the hype faded when it released for me ever so slightly and being very busy with school, I ended up forgetting about it. The online HD leak was nice though, so I got to see it today and well, it was everything I wanted and more. I intend on seeing the next one in the cinema.

IMO, Finn and Rey are two absolutely brilliant protagonists, to see such a big main character be so scared and just want to run in Finn was nice to see, it made him more relatable, especially after the First Order stuff at the beginning - Rey is a great role model to little girls everywhere and was so kickass it was amazing... although it did feel like they were too good, too quickly. Poe Dameron's a neat character too and the little creature thing that Han knew was absolutely adorable.

All in all, to prevent spoilers, they had some really good references to the originals, the new story was great, so were the new characters and well, they set up the next movie quite well.

I also saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens - I'm a big fan of Star Wars but ehh, the hype faded when it released for me ever so slightly and being very busy with school, I ended up forgetting about it. The online HD leak was nice though, so I got to see it today and well, it was everything I wanted and more. I intend on seeing the next one in the cinema.

IMO, Finn and Rey are two absolutely brilliant protagonists, to see such a big main character be so scared and just want to run in Finn was nice to see, it made him more relatable, especially after the First Order stuff at the beginning - Rey is a great role model to little girls everywhere and was so kickass it was amazing... although it did feel like they were too good, too quickly. Poe Dameron's a neat character too and the little creature thing that Han knew was absolutely adorable.

All in all, to prevent spoilers, they had some really good references to the originals, the new story was great, so were the new characters and well, they set up the next movie quite well.
I love how we got to see the 'dark side' (First Order) from the inside (Finn). It was refreshing. My judgement of the first six films is probably clouded, I binged watched those with a group of friends, and after more than 12 hours everyone becomes a little cranky. xD

Reactions: TheYESDragon
"Batman V Superman-Dawn of Justice","The Fault in Our Stars" and "The Good Dinosaur".I thought all of them were pretty good on their own! :thumbsup:

"Batman V Superman-Dawn of Justice","The Fault in Our Stars" and "The Good Dinosaur".I thought all of them were pretty good on their own! :thumbsup:
I was wondering if I should see Batman V Superman, since he reviews are pretty mixed. Is it a good film on it's own or just good because Supes and Bats are in it?

My last film was justice League vs Teen Titans. It was pretty entertaining.

Reactions: T-Player Guy
Zootopia for me :p

Zootopia and Batman v Superman for me.

Zootopia was a pretty solid movie. I think it might go on to be one of my favorite Disney movies ever. It's a movie with a positive message of tackling adversity. Also, not to judge someone by a certain stereotype. I would say it even shows a message against racism with dignity and isn't preachy with it.

Batman v Superman was mediocre to bad. I don't like that Batman and Superman are killing people. Batman rarely kills, never uses guns, or drinks. But personally, I don't a problem with it, it's a problem because the mass media isn't used to it and so it alienates them. On the other hand, Superman is barely in the movie despite he's a title character. Wonder Woman was pretty good, I liked her actor. But I don't want any more big screen DC movies. Just stick to TV shows and animated movies, DC.

I was wondering if I should see Batman V Superman, since he reviews are pretty mixed. Is it a good film on it's own or just good because Supes and Bats are in it?
For myself,as a casual moviegoer and non-hardcore comic-book fan(although I do like Batman and some Marvel heroes :ninja:),I thought it was somewhat decent,but as someone who was victimed to seeing a very specific trailer of the movie,I wasn't left with much of a "wow-ing" factor that I sort of hoped with movies like these when I see them in theaters.I mean,there is some good acting and great fight-scenes in there,but I didn't remember much from the movie after seeing it almost three weeks ago to be honest. :panda:
I think that for most frequent and hardcore fans of both protagonists,they are most likely to be disappointed because of the plot being all over the place with the controversy surrounding the two muscles,more especifically on Superman;and not to mention regarding that trailer released last year,which essentially almost shows you the entire story and its events in 3 minutes.So to answer your question,if you really want to go and watch it,I suggest to lower a bit of your expectations,more even if you're a big fan of one or the other capemen in the posters.If else,than waiting for it arrive at rental woudn't be a terrible idea either. :p
As a proper film,I thought it was ok,although not as much when considering it as a DC adaptation to the big screens.I feel like I've almost written a mini-review by accident within this post. :coffee:

For myself,as a casual moviegoer and non-hardcore comic-book fan(although I do like Batman and some Marvel heroes :ninja:),I thought it was somewhat decent,but as someone who was victimed to seeing a very specific trailer of the movie,I wasn't left with much of a "wow-ing" factor that I sort of hoped with movies like these when I see them in theaters.I mean,there is some good acting and great fight-scenes in there,but I didn't remember much from the movie after seeing it almost three weeks ago to be honest. :panda:
I think that for most frequent and hardcore fans of both protagonists,they are most likely to be disappointed because of the plot being all over the place with the controversy surrounding the two muscles,more especifically on Superman;and not to mention regarding that trailer released last year,which essentially almost shows you the entire story and its events in 3 minutes.So to answer your question,if you really want to go and watch it,I suggest to lower a bit of your expectations,more even if you're a big fan of one or the other capemen in the posters.If else,than waiting for it arrive at rental woudn't be a terrible idea either. :p
As a proper film,I thought it was ok,although not as much when considering it as a DC adaptation to the big screens.I feel like I've almost written a mini-review by accident within this post. :coffee:
A mini-review of excellent quality. Thanks. :D I guess I'll go see Kung Fu Panda 3 instead. :p (Also, I like some superhero movies/series but I am a casual too.)

Reactions: T-Player Guy
Poltergiest. The newest one.

I've been watching a lot of animated movies recently, and I just watched It's Such a Beautiful Day. And it's such a beautiful movie (pun intended?)! It's kinda hard to explain why it's so good, but it makes you think and the artstyle is really something different, but be careful, it may look like "oh yayz stick figures" but it's very real and slightly depressing (I normally try to avoid overusing that word, but I think in this case it's justified) It's only an hour long, and it deserves a lot more fame in my opinion. It's so unique and moving, and the way it's presented is unlike any movie I've seen before, I recommend it to
everyone !
image.jpeg

PS I also watched Zootopia and the live-action Junglebook last week, but I'm sure most of you know about them already. They were great though c:

The Boy, it was great in the beginning and in the middle...towards the end it started to suck and became another stabby death movie....

Now I just gotta wait for Caps movie to come out! Team Captain America!

The Jungle Book. It was great.

Zootopia. It was greater.

Zootopia. It was greater.
I saw that one recently too, it's way better than I expected.

Back