New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario 3D Land

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I don't own either, I really want to play Super Mario 3d Land, my friend had it and I played it for a little while, and that game was awesome. The entire 3d land and whole new world perspective was awesome.
I have never played New Super Mario Bros 2 but I looked up few reviews and the problem that was quite often was that it had no new effects, felt unoriginal and was repetitive with the older titles.

Why? Are you just going to rave and rant with out providing proper explanation? Then why are you even posting? It doesn't contribute anything towards the forum discussion

I would choose Super Mario Land 3D because it is different in level design and pretty creative. Also there is just tons of content, you get new 8 worlds after you beat the first 8, and a new powerup.
Haters gonna hate, no point in asking for a reason.

I'd choose both :p
i loved the nsmb on the ds so i'd love a sequel. 3d land seems new and fun so why not?

I'd choose super mario 3d land.
Nsmb2 is nothing like the original, it is way too easy and you can get 99 lives in the first 10 minutes. Super Mario 3D Land is a great game for all to enjoy and whilst it is somewhat hard in some levels, it is pretty easy in the other levels ( I just wish it featured online multiplayer.:()

Reactions: Marc
I'd choose super mario 3d land.
Nsmb2 is nothing like the original, it is way too easy and you can get 99 lives in the first 10 minutes. Super Mario 3D Land is a great game for all to enjoy and whilst it is somewhat hard in some levels, it is pretty easy in the other levels ( I just wish it featured online multiplayer.:()

Well, about the lifes it's logic because you win a lot of coins in the game.

I would choose Super Mario 3D Land because of its 3D features but New Super Mario Bros 2 is some what in 2D view. I have both of the games :p

Probably 3D Land because while Super Mario Bros. 2 is great and all, I'm finding the side scrolling aspect of Mario a bit repetitive and old. 3D Land offers more depth more than likely, like Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine, etc.

Super Mario 3D Land. New Super Mario Bros 2 seems really short and I don't think it's really worth your $39.99. Plus New Super Mario Bros 2 Is just another side scrolling mario game. They are getting kind of boring.

super mario 3d land. i have played and owned all 3d mario games exept this and 3d world. but i like 2d mario games also but it looks a lot like new super mario bros DS.

Super Mario 3D Land. I have both, but New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the exact same as New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

...It's also the same as New Super Mario Bros. U.

3d Land. I have both, and I found SM3DL more fun than NSMB2. I didn't like the coin collecting concept of NSMB2, and it took me literally no time or effort to complete it. SM3DL was easy too, but at least it had more to do in, and that final extra stage is challenging and fun.

Also, the reviews were significantly better for Super Mario 3D Land. New Super Mario Bros 2 got an aggregate score of 78 on Metacritic while Super Mario 3D Land got an aggregate score of 90 on Metacritic.

I would definitely have gone with Super Mario 3D Land. New Super Mario Bros 2 was not worth the $40 price tag, and I was quite disappointed with it. I would rather have gone with SM3DL since you get a whole new perspective of a Mario game while NSMB2 is just an enhanced copy of the original.

Super Mario 3D Land is better in my opinion. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is just another copy of 2d platforming with a coin collecting objective. Sure, SM3DL can get boring later but the 3D graphics make it better. The overall gameplay beats NSMB2 as well.

i'll say super Mario 3d land because of the graphics and the excitement and fun of the game while playing the levels with bowser,dry bowser and that little Mario whose colour is purple

I would pick Super Mario 3D Land i think that the 3D is better than the 2D one NSMB2.

I think Super Mario Land 3D is better ,it have great level design

I have super mario 3d land, but not the new super bros 2. I would say super mario 3d land is better because that game was longer, challenging and it also had special worlds that were harder to get through each of the levels.

If you had to decide between New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land, which would you have gotten? I had to choose one a couple of months ago, and I went with Super Mario 3D Land. You see, I already own New Super Mario Bros. and I completed it in 1 day. Yes, ONE day, :oops: - only a couple of hours. I beat Mario games pretty quickly. I'm sure you do too, :angelic: I just wanted to try the "3D" in Super Mario 3D Land.

It turned out that Super Mario 3D Land gave me a couple of hours extra with the special worlds, :love:

What about you guys? Would you have gotten New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario 3D Land?
I would choose super mario 3d land because I feel it's a little more challenging like the final bowser you start of with just 30 seconds to get to him and also the evil mario is chasing you

I think I would go for 3d land. I already beat the game and I always find some time to re-play one the its stages. On the other hand i also own new super mario 2, I don't mean that I don't like it or so, but i ended up giving it to my girlfriend without even completing half of the game.

I have the New Super Mario Bros 2 and almost finished it. It took me just a few days, I'm trying not to play to much because I do not want to finish it, I truly love it hehe. I tried to overcome my own records on each screen so I'm stretching it a bit. My boyfriend has the Super Mario 3D Land and I will play it after I finish mine. I tried with it on his concole but I prefer the New Super Mario Bros 2.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Back