New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario 3D Land

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I prefer super mario 3d land over new super mario bros 2 for a couple of reasons, however even i must admit that both games are REALLY good and you should buy both if you have enough cash to do so. Reason 1) i simply prefer 3d mario games over 2d mario games, reason 2) mario 3d land has a better feeling of exploration, if you know what i mean, and i really love exploration (is a zelda and okami fan), and finally my 3rd reason is that NSMB2 relies too heavily on coins, while SM3dL relies more on interesting levels and complex stages, i mean a 3d platformer tends to be more complex than a 2d one.

I just got a Nintendo eShop card from Gamestop. I now have ~ $40 on my Nintendo eShop account. Should I buy Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2? I like both, so I want to ask y'all.

There are already many topics talking about both games and comparing them, check around it might help you.

Neither, get sonic boom.

Neither, get sonic boom.
i dont like the sonic franchise, except maybe sonic & sega all stars racing

Get 3D land then. And then get sonic boom

i only got 40 bucks on the eShop, so i cant get both. thats why i posted this thread in the first place asking which one i should get

i only got 40 bucks on the eShop, so i cant get both. thats why i posted this thread in the first place asking which one i should get
Both games are literally worth around 8 dollars used these days. I think you should buy it used and use that eshop money for something else.

Both games are literally worth around 8 dollars used these days. I think you should buy it used and use that eshop money for something else.
but the other games suck

but the other games suck
What are you talking about? There are plenty of other good 3ds games besides these 2.

There are a bunch of other great 3ds games but staying on topic I'd say go for 3D Land. They're both good but I've always enjoyed 3D land as a kid. I used to try to get a higher score than my brother and we made a contest out of it. But NSMB2 is good as well.

I just got a Nintendo eShop card from Gamestop. I now have ~ $40 on my Nintendo eShop account. Should I buy Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2? I like both, so I want to ask y'all.

Hmmm.... I like both of these games quite a bit, so i will tell you what i like more about each game here. Both of the games are some of my biggest favorites so this might be tough but i will try. I will try explaining the games without spoiling anything as best i can. I dont want to ruin your excitement.

Super mario 3d land has, as the title suggests, a three dimensional level layout/design, which in my opinion makes the game very unique seeing how most mario games that came before this one did not have this feature. *Im pretty sure most of the previous games werent like this. If there were many then please correct me here. And of course, like most 3ds games, the game uses streetpass. If you choose to activate this then you can get free mushroom houses from tags with people who do not own the game. If you tag someone who does own the game, you get a streetpass mystery box that you can earn an extra star medal from when completed. These features can help with in game progress a little, especially if you have someone to spam tags with to get more mushroom houses over and over. *i think this works based on what ive read in the manual, but if this isnt right then i appreciate corrections.

Now i will explain some unique things about new super mario bros 2. This game is possibly one of the friendliest mario bros games i have played. The levels are very coin filled, which makes earning 1-ups easier. The game most notably has a coin counter, which records all the coins youve collected throughout the entire game. I believe this is completely new here, i have not seen this in any other mario game I've played. The game also has a new item called the golden flower, which is a very easy way to help you rack up lots of quick coins without much trouble. And to make all of this even better, the game has a new mode called coin rush where you speed run a three course pack while trying to get as many coins as possible. I love this game quite a lot with how coin filled the game itself is, its very addicting and lots of fun trying to fill the coin stash for me when i have time to play and want to.

Thats a basic summary of the games in my words. Hope i didn't spoil anything. I will leave the rest up to you to decide which you think you will like more based on my summary for each game. The choice is yours. Just thought id be kind and give you information.

I think you should get super Mario 3d land because it has a lot of fun levels and you can roam around in the levels like super Mario 3d world. I would choose super Mario bros 2 also only because it reminds me of the old classic Mario games. But get super Mario 3d land

Ehhhh.... After playing through both 3D Land and NSMB2, I'd say go for the latter >.>

Mainly in terms of content and longevity, regardless of whether or not you can afford the DLC, NSMB2 has actual longevity, with lots of levels and sections on maps, as well as Coin Rush mode. Meanwhile, 3D Land suffers from fake longevity, the only original worlda are the main 8, the Special Worlds are mostly rehashes of these 8 worlds. Plus, the lack of bosses besides Pom-Pom and Boom-Boom

I already purchased New Super Mario Bros 2, then 3D land.

I already purchased New Super Mario Bros 2, then 3D land.
Oh, good then

k

super mario 3d land is way better then super mario bros 2 by a long shot. a 3d mario bros game is always good, nsmb2 is good to but 3d is better than 2d mario. in mario 3d land we got new power up and really good level design and did i say how game looks.

Between Super Mario 3d land and SMB2, I'll have to choose Super Mario 3d land. The levels of Super Mario 3D Land are much more linear and compact than the other 3D titles, more along the lines of the side-scrolling games. Levels rather have a time limit and even feature Goal Poles, a staple of the original Super Mario Bros. and the New Super Mario Bros. games, as opposed to Power Stars or Shine Sprites, as the level goals. When Mario loses a life, the "Too Bad" banner from every 3D Mario platformer since Super Mario Sunshine appears near the top of the screen and falls to the bottom of the screen,

i just bought both, and i kinda like SMB2 better because its in 2D, and its easier. You also get more out of StreetPass. In 3D land you just get random boxes. In SMB2 you get to beat other records in Coin Rush.

Back