New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario 3D Land

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I would have gotten super mario 3d land. I like the 3d mario games better than the 2d mario games. I like the 3d because you can explore more freely in them which i really like in them. Super mario 3d land is more detailed and creative too. And with 3d mario games it feels like nintendo can do much more with them.

If you had to decide between New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land, which would you have gotten? I had to choose one a couple of months ago, and I went with Super Mario 3D Land. You see, I already own New Super Mario Bros. and I completed it in 1 day. Yes, ONE day, :oops: - only a couple of hours. I beat Mario games pretty quickly. I'm sure you do too, :angelic: I just wanted to try the "3D" in Super Mario 3D Land.

It turned out that Super Mario 3D Land gave me a couple of hours extra with the special worlds, :love:

What about you guys? Would you have gotten New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario 3D Land?

I got NSMB2 ( also my first 3Ds game, and I bought super Mario 3d land later on ) because I thought that collecting a million coins is going to be awesome, and I loved the ds version of NSMB, so I decided I would go with the sequel instead of trying a whole new game

I think that Super Mario 3D land is awesome and cool and improved with better graphics, 3Dness and whatnot, but for some reason it kinda ruins the original game where it is just horizontal whereas Super Mario 3D Land it is more free which is good but ruins the normal mario game feel for me.

Well, I got both, Land by myself and the other one on Pedia, thanks :love:

I prefer NSMB2, really. I didn't have a good time with Land but I really love NSMB2. It really feels like the old games that I liked.

I'm trying to figure out which game to buy. I love 3d Mario and 2d Mario. I think i'll base my decision off of which one has better replay value and late game content. Can someone who has played both games give their opinion on this?

Super Mario bros 2. The first one was horrible but this one is better. There is nothing wrong with the game. To me it wasnt short and lasted me months of playing. The power ups arent good. Only two of the power ups are good. The golden one and the tanooki leaf. There is multiplayer but it is useless.

Super mario 3d land. To be super mario bros 2 was kinda boring and easy, not to mention the powerups really sucked. I thoght super mario 3d land was a great transition to 3d mario and introduced it wonderfully, not to mention he had unique levels unlike super mario bros 2

3d land. besides the question i hope they make a mario game like 3d land but online i know u guys would agree . im new here 2 how do i earn

I would have picked Super Mario 3d Land. It's been quite a while since I played a 3d Mario game and I've already tried NSMB2 (though I never owned it :p) so 3d Land would have superiority. It's probably gonna be a lot more fun too. Don't get me wrong though, NSMB2 was really a lot of fun :p

I think 3D world has a better concept and more replay value then the super easy levels in super mario bros. 2. Personally, I haven't got nsmb2 yet because the game is based around coins, and well, if they are easier to get, and it's just really bland, I'd go with 3D world, as my choice.

I like platformers better than 3D worlds for Mario. It feels like Mario was just meant to be a 2D platformer since ot seems to work out very well with each installments. Besides, that is actually how Mario started, and the series remain true to its roots back in the retro gaming era.

I love both of these games, but if i had to choose one, I like Super Mario 3D Land. Much better gameplay and the final Bowser battle is epic. But the question is, which one do YOU like better?

Reactions: OJanela
I like New super mario bros 2 because it brings back lots of nostalgia from 2006 and I think the idea of coins of the main objective of the game makes the game awesome and more fun.

I'll tell you like I tell anyone who ask me what my favorite Mario game is. Between the two, Super Mario 3D Land is the best game. It takes the traditional Mario gameplay style and puts it into a 3D world. The race levels against Metal Mario is a nice little side bonus. I also like the one level with the 8-bit Mario. A nice throwback.

I have both of them but i prefer New Super mario bros 2 especially the 2 player co-op

I absolutely loved speed running through both of these games, so it's a tough choice. I'd probably have to say Super Mario 3D Land simply because each level wasn't just about collecting coins, and the SM3DL levels are more diverse in design. That's just me. :p

Reactions: OJanela and ESP
I only own Super Mario 3D Land, and even though it doesn't offer much challenge or replayability, the fact is, it looks stunning and plays stunning. All the levels were interesting, and I'm sad that the game was so short, since it was amazing. It steps away from the traditional 2D platforms, but still implements features we know and love in brand new forms.

I like Super Mario 3d land better because the 3d stages gives way to a whole new way to play. The game also has many secrets in it which I really like about it. All the stages in the game have a lot of variety. The game has been made not too difficult and saves aftet every stage, unlike New Super Mario Bros. 2, where you need to defeat Bowser to save your game.

dos the pic lie?

Attachments

• WiiU_screenshot_TV_0145C.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_0145C.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 1
I like Super Mario bros 3d world because it's not about collecting coins and it doesn't look that fun. Plus it's impossible to die in New Super Mario Bros 2 unless you purposely try to get a game over. Also the 3d adds more thing to the game. I like 3d on the 3ds and 2d on the tv

Back