Username Origins

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
The first two letters are the first letters of my first and middle name respectively, and my favourite generation one starter was squirtle

I got mine from a book (I can't remember what it's called) and the 121 is my birthday. I usually use some number after "skydancer" on all my posting sites. The only exception was fanfiction.net. That one is "luckylady26". Random-ness at its finest.

Reactions: Alegria
Depositphotos_4617621_s-2015_large.jpg

Reactions: Dowhat?, Danominator, Samster and 2 others
I originally got the idea for my username from the username that I wanted to use on my YouTube channel, as I've always had a dream of being popular on YouTube. But, I never got around to it, and so, I mainly still use this username for everything else. Maybe someday, I'll get around to creating that channel...

I was originally called ITSAMEMARIODS, when I wanted to be called something relative to my interests on YouTube. But as I soon learned, I couldn't build a reputation for myself with such a complicated and "shouty" username. Over time, I began to look for a replacement for my old name, considering Itsamemario3ds at one point. But somewhere along the way, I had the idea of being called Danominator. It hadn't been taken anywhere on Internet at the time, a crazy feat all thing considered. And I found another way to give it extra meaning!

See, I made myself the "denominator" of my YouTube channel; my interests could change but I remained the unchanging denominator as a person. I realized that this clever math term could also double as a symbol for my icon! My interests (such as the 3DS on top) may change and be joined by others over time, but I will always be Danominator, supporting all the things I love in my videos and the Pedia!

Funny thing is, I figured all this out after I picked my username. :p

I allready said what my username was made from in my welcome thread, so i would like to talk about another username i made once and thought was clever, platformingenius
You see, its a combination of platforming, and genius. I have played alot of platforming games (its hard not to as a Nintendo fan) and i was starting to get interested in how the physics of different platformers worked, so I thought it was a clever name. Most people don’t take the time to read it all and just call me platform, plat, or misread it as plateau.

It's Kawaki because Kawa in Japanese is River and Ki is Soul so literally it's River Soul. The Reasoning: I'm kind of a gun when it comes to reading people. I can almost always tell what there thinking by looking at them. I seem to detect the slightest twitches that people don't even know the did. I did a few tests (a lot of tests) and discovered I'm right about 85-90% of the time. There for, I see into the soul. Hint: The thought for my name was originally Kime (Soul Eye).

My turn!

*Face Smashed Keyboard*

Mushmellow is born! Yay!!!

J/k kidding I actually go by 2 names Mushmellow and Milk.

Mushmellow because it sounds like an epic candy name I would create and Milk because that's my favorite drink.

My orginal name here was ShinyEevee133. The ShinyEevee part is jus because I didn't know what Pokemon to name my username after, so I chose Eevee. Then I decided to make that Eevee shiny! I then added the 133 because thats Eevee's number in the dex.

My new username here is the same thing basically, just without the 133 anymore.

Reactions: TerraKnight, Alegria, Starry Windy and 2 others
I think my name is self explanatory. I named myself Whovian#1 because I am the #1 Whovian! (Not really its a joke). I am however a big whovian (9th doctor and on) as shown by my username and signature. Can't wait for season 11 whenever it comes out!

And if you have no idea what a "Whovian" is, it is a fan of the show Doctor Who. If you don't know what that is then go watch it! It's a really good show. Last I checked it is free on amazon prime video. They also air reruns on BBC America last I checked, but if you even can't find reruns on there is always a doctor who marathon on BBC America leading up to Christmas. I believe it goes from the show's rebirth with Doctor #9 onto the new Christmas episode released on Christmas evening!

I think my name is self explanatory. I named myself Whovian#1 because I am the #1 Whovian! (Not really its a joke). I am however a big whovian (9th doctor and on) as shown by my username and signature. Can't wait for season 11 whenever it comes out!

And if you have no idea what a "Whovian" is, it is a fan of the show Doctor Who. If you don't know what that is then go watch it! It's a really good show. Last I checked it is free on amazon prime video. They also air reruns on BBC America last I checked, but if you even can't find reruns on there is always a doctor who marathon on BBC America leading up to Christmas. I believe it goes from the show's rebirth with Doctor #9 onto the new Christmas episode released on Christmas evening!
If your a hoovian from the ninth doctor it also means you have Netflix.

Fury of the storm is a song by power metal band DragonForce. It is one of my favourite songs by them, one of the first that I heard, and I thought it sounded really good as a user name. 78 shows how old I am.

@luigiFTW last I checked its not on netflix anymore. But I watched most of the episodes before it came on Netflix anyway. Thanks DVR and Dad who also watches the show!

Amit is my first name, and I was born on March 6th.
A horrible username, I know.

Well, I need an update here. I was going to go by 'Void', my Starcraft name, but Sonic 1 didn't have a V in it's credit font, so I made up Iso Kilo. But I'm considering just removing the Iso part since most people just refer to me as Kilo.
But I'm also thinking about 'Kilo Hoshi' which means 'A thousand stars'.

I like the name 'Hibiki' and I'd just finished a playthrough of desu2

Please ignore my previous post, it’s very outdated, and VERY cringey >.>

Firstly, I really saw no reason for the 123 at the end of the username, so I scrapped that. Secondly, the name Samster originated from me wanting a change. I got really sick and annoyed of people calling me by my nickname “Sammy”. It got on my nerves a lot, and it seemed like no one wanted to call me Sam. So, I created my own identity. And tbh, I like Samster a whole lot better than anything else I’ve been called.

Firstly, I really saw no reason for the 123 at the end of the username, so I scrapped that.
;-;

Reactions: Alegria and Samster
I like the name 'Hibiki' and I'd just finished a playthrough of desu2
There is a game called desu2?

There is a game called desu2?
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze and Samster
Back