Username Origins

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
Mine actually came from when I was setting up my Xbox live account for my 360. The name that popped up when it says choose an account nickname for everybody to see. The name that was already there was Brutalmanager0, and so I stuck with it because of two reasons, one being that I had already liked it and two is because I couldn't come up with a nickname.
But do you manage brutality or are you such a great manager it's brutal? :p

my name comes from the randomly generated usernames for Xbox Live

My username came to me when I was listening to the band Slayer and heard Raining Blood while 115 was my favorite number

From a mix of two usernames

Muffins - cause I like to eat them and eat them <3
Lad - Gaelic origin of the word young boy. (Scottish Gaelic).

Reactions: PersonSP
Hero Factory, my other username for those who have me on steam came from XBL random names.

V is the first letter in my name(it's Victor) In Dragon quest 9 someone gave you the nickname sunshine and i really liked it so i took sun from that. And gold just popped up in my head.

Last edited:
It's my aunts nickname for my mom. So a sign of respect. Also it happened to be Japanese for brother so that was cool

Reactions: PersonSP and Marc
Ya'll want to know where Cinn came from? :v

So basically I was in a twitch stream one day and we were talking about nicknames. I mentioned cinnamon since I like cinnamon and someone just suggested cinn.

So yeh, I liked it and that's how I became Cinn!

Reactions: Blue Knight and Ace
Ya'll want to know where Cinn came from? :v

So basically I was in a twitch stream one day and we were talking about nicknames. I mentioned cinnamon since I like cinnamon and someone just suggested cinn.

So yeh, I liked it and that's how I became Cinn!
10/10 would cri again.

X3

My name at the time came from me when I liked salt and pepper a lot.

Then I simply combined them and it sounded cool.

Now I wonder, is there pepper that tastes salty?

10/10 would cri again.

X3
When I saw you quoted my post I thought some newbie quoted it.

Reactions: Blue Knight
^UPDATED^

I was just thinking of a new online username for everything, and I just thought this name up.. it stuck, so now if it's available, I take MasterofBasics

I already said it here, on my presentation https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threads/bonjour-tout-le-monde.34760/
but ³Déesse's name is from the fact that the letters D and S in French are prononced phonetically [de] and [ɛs] and [deɛs] in French is the word déesse, which means goddess. I'm not big-headed, I don't really call myself a god, it's just for the joke. ^_^

Concerning Alegria, it's my Pokémon Y character's name, it means joy in Spanish. I don't know if it's because of the macarena or rather because in Pokémon White, there is one guy at the Nacrene café who says:
unknown.png

which means "no matter the [coffee] bean as long as you have the glee"
and since in french, the expression "avoir un grain" means being crazy... it suits me :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ichimaru
Most of my usernames have some long and complicated history, meaning, and origin to them. This one doesn't.

Hikaiet just means story in my native tongue (Kurdish). I like how it sounds (Hee-Kai-Yet) and I love both writing and reading stories. It's my nintendo ID so I decided to have it be my username here too.

Reactions: Alegria
Aura - some wierd bit about Lucario back then had me put this in.

Knight - my lineage

394 - I was thinking of Harry Potter when I was registering (turn to page 394).

In this thread, we explain how we got the idea for our usernames. I thought it'd be fun.
My own username origin is pretty obvious - it's a song by Metallica.

Edit: This is back when my username was Master O'Puppets.

The current username just popped into my head one day.
My username came from me being a Nintendo fan and Nintendo being made in 1889

I collect games. Guess what system.

Reactions: NintendoGamer1889 and Alegria
Reactions: Duffy
Hmmm... Xbox One, right?
Now that would be a cheaper system to collect for...

Reactions: PersonSP
Back