Worst anime that you watched

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I'm not sure what the worst anime I've seen is.
That's true, I'm pretty sure every person that watched it had this face at least once:

6d2a4c49db_cringe.gif

But that's actually what makes it interesting. I get that it can be weird though, since most anime series in that genre tend to end well (unpopular character slowly makes friends and becomes a bit more popular). This one is original though. She's trying so hard, but everything turns for the worse, or she just goes unnoticed :p

What makes the anime funny is her naivety and how she constantly hates on popular students, while trying to be like them.

To put it simply, its a good cringe worthy anime :p

Back on topic, the worst anime I've watched was Aku no Hana. There are a few people say the animation was original, but in my opinion, it was just lame and unaesthetic.

The characters are just ugly compared to the manga.

Here is what I mean:

AkuNoHana_Comaprison.jpg

This kind of sucked cause I really liked the manga and was looking forward to the anime.

My gosh, you weren't kidding. That is really terrible and ugly. Why would they change the art style? It looked really great before. I can see why people would say the art style is original, but that doesn't matter if the art style is absolutely horrible.

I disliked Fooly Cooly. That anime gave me a headache. What's even worse is that I was forced to watch the whole series in one sitting.

Well, at least it was extremely short. You didn't have to watch it too much like most animes.

Funny, I was looking for anime yesterday and School Days was ranked the lowest out of all the school animes. Life is a string of coincidences :angelic:

Can you recommend any good school animes? Friendship and romance, that sort of stuff? :cry:
:eek: that's a coincidence haha
There's highschool of the dead where these kids in highschool just find out about some zombie infection going around like crazy and they have to band together and fight to survive, it has some romance in it too
Great teacher onizukawa is another good one. It's about a gang leader who decides to be a high school teacher so he can meet girls, it's not heavy on the romance but it has a lot of friendship and compelling themes
Toradoras also a good one and has a lot of friendship and romance
One week friends is a really good one about a girl that has something where she loses all the memory of her friends after one week and she has no friends so a boy from her school tries to be friends with her and help her overcome her illness
Nisekoi and my teen romantic comedy are good too

Reactions: 18
Thanks :) I've already watched Highschool of the Dead. Toradoras looks promising.

Does trying to watch an anime count? I'm gonna post it anyways :p
I tried to watch Elfen Lied and got scared and terrified cause I heard it had a
good storyline. I watched the first episode, skipping around and was not impressed. Why .-.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Glasslip is the worst I've seen, hands-down. The art and animation are spectacular, but there's no real substance in the story. It's a romance/slice of life, but there should still be some kind of storyline in there somewhere. It doesn't go anywhere, especially in the "romance" department; six characters reveal their feelings for someone else in their circle, and no one ends up in a relationship, which isn't bad but the anime kept piling on stuff that made me believe relationships would form.

The "glass" aspect isn't even focused on. Even the ecchi anime Rail Wars did a decent job at talking about trains.

Definitely Boku no Pico. Don't watch it or you will have nightmares.
It is a big joke in anime community in Thailand once.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
This room is for ranting about how awful that one anime is that you just can't stand, mine I got through the first episode of Baku no pick or however you say it, hated it and am never going to watch again. Now for an anime that really disappointed me was sword art online, it had so much potential and all got thrown in the gutter I won't spoil it for those of you who are watching it, it is worth watching but just the first season IMO

Heyo peeps :3

Skipping the other introductions, what is (in your opinion of course) the worst anime you've ever seen?

For me, it's a three way tie between Naruto, Bleach and One Piece >.<

My reasoning? Well, first, their insane lenght, their writers can't seem to decide when to end it, as well as introducing new characters just because. Plus filler.

Next is, for all the focus on fighting and such, the fight scenes are unimpressive, save for a few occasions. Even then, they don't really compare to other anime focused less on action (FMA, Fate/Zero) which really hurts them, I mean, having a fighting anime with actual fighting scenes being lower quality than more balanced anime? Dear lord...

The focus on power-ups, more for Naruto and Bleach than One Piece, but still present in the latter. Like, seriously, the solution to basically all problems is a new ability/ higher power level.

Any opinion? Other anime you consider your personal worst?

The poorest of story telling (in my opinion,) would be Burst Angel. It had a disorganized plot with sparse characters, and I mostly just hated Meg. The line "Shut up Meg." I direct at that Meg, rather than at Meg Griffin from Family Guy.

Well, first, even when I don't like Naruto, Bleach nor One Piece, being long should be something to make it the worst anime...
But that is why opinion exist, aren't they? :p

Anyways, have you ever heard of "Isuca"
Those three animes are masterpieces compared to Isuca
No, ANY anime compared to Isuca is a masterpiece (even SAO)

Garzey's Wing is one of the worst anime series anyone could watch...it's a OVA from the 90's directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino (Creator of the Gundam franchise) and is basically what happens when you take a show that should be 26 episodes long and cram into a 3 episode OVA (For obvious budget limitations). I don't recommend watching it in Japanese, watching it in English is the only way to get any enjoyment from the series whatsoever, it's available on Youtube for free if you want to experience it for yourself.

Well, first, even when I don't like Naruto, Bleach nor One Piece, being long should be something to make it the worst anime...

This last part is so true. Anyways i think Infinite Stratos is the worst because i can't even tell what the story is about + the fact that it is a bad harem.

Well, first, even when I don't like Naruto, Bleach nor One Piece, being long shouldn't be something to make it the worst anime...

fixed

It's not THE reason, just something that brings it down in my book :p

Reactions: Zukrad
Surprised no one said SAO.

The first three episodes were amazing. Then it got... Well, I think everyone knows about its infamy. The second half was especially terrible, at least the parts in the first game were somewhat tolerable .

Surprised no one said SAO.

The first three episodes were amazing. Then it got... Well, I think everyone knows about its infamy. The second half was especially terrible, at least the parts in the first game were somewhat tolerable .
You MUST watch SAO Abridged!! Is freacking amazing

(Also, the people that read the managa say that SAO 3 is amazing, so we have hope for a SAO that is decent)

SAO hands down.
The first 3-4 episodes were pretty good and I loved the idea. I thought SAO was gonna be my favourite anime 3 episodes in... The rest of it is complete garbage. Asuna turned from a strong female character to Princess Peach who has to be saved by Kirito. And all the main characters have too much plot armour. Kirito is way too OP and all the girls fall in love with him I'm a bit jealous tbh It's just rediculous.

I like Naruto and its got a good story and whatnot, but the filler, ALL THE DARNED FILLER! I mean, sure I enjoy a good fight as much as anyone else but I tend to prefer them when the fight doesn't take a bloody five or more episodes! And I swear that's what some fights take...

As I haven't watched every anime though I can't judge but Naruto is definitely up on the list...

WAIT! I just thought of something with more filler... Pokemon... I mean, takes me three minutes, max to get from one city to another. Takes Ash... 7 episodes give or take.

SAO hands down.
The first 3-4 episodes were pretty good and I loved the idea. I thought SAO was gonna be my favourite anime 3 episodes in... The rest of it is complete garbage. Asuna turned from a strong female character to Princess Peach who has to be saved by Kirito. And all the main characters have too much plot armour. Kirito is way too OP and all the girls fall in love with him I'm a bit jealous tbh It's just rediculous.
WATCH SAO ABRIDGED PLEASE!!

Reactions: Furnix
WATCH SAO ABRIDGED PLEASE!!
I've already seen it xD It's WAAAAY better than the actual show

Reactions: Zukrad
Back