Your first Nintendo console

• Thread starter EntityHoundoor
  • Start date
My first console was a Cyan Blue Gameboy Color and the game I got with it was Pokémon Blue Version. Later on, my brother gave me his Pokémon Red. I don't have the system or the game today but hey, it's coming to Virtual Console soon so I guess I can relive my childhood.

my first was the Nintendo Entertainment System or N.E.S.I got that for my 10th birthday along with super Mario bros 3 which is when I got serious into gaming. I collected almost all the N.E.S when I was a child. But when I was 18 I had to sell it to get into colledge. I will that console and hope to get another one soon. That was my first and best Nintendo Console. The Nintendo Entertainment System. Or N.E.S for short. I hope everyone has a favorate console like the n.e.s so they can enjoy it like I enjoyed mine. It will be missed by me forever and till the end of all time itself. I hope some people agree about why I like the n.e.s

Gamecube, and my opinions about them/facts.

The console as it stood was cheap from day one, but these days the eBay price for the machine is temptingly low. £25 including games seems to be the going rate, and while the fact that the Wii can play GameCube games is keeping the second hand market live and kicking, do be wary that it’s also artificially inflating one or two of the prices.

That said, if you’re looking – following the Dreamcast – for another underappreciated games console with plenty in its corner, then consider the following ten reasons to jump aboard the GameCube bandwagon…

Donkey Konga
It never got great reviews, and that’s because the core game has some problems. But Donkey Konga and its sequels are nonetheless an absolute hoot, courtesy of them being rhythm games where you sit in front of bongo drums. In multiplayer, the game is a screaming hoot, and it’s well worth seeking out.

Pikmin/Pikmin 2
Devilishly taxing strategy game, albeit in very cute clothes? That just about sums up the ingenious Pikmin, a tightly designed game about little critters who, depending on what colour you grow, are able to do a variety of different things. We saw the thinking of Pikmin in last year’s underrated Overlord game on the Xbox 360, but rarely has it all been wrapped in such accessible clothes as Nintendo managed with the Pikmin duo.

Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
You can’t leave a Zelda game off the list, and the GameCube’s own version was The Wind Waker. It’s not the most popular in the franchise, and makes a couple of interesting style choices, but there’s little doubting it’s a superb action adventure, with real replay value.

Super Mario Sunshine
Again, not the pinnacle of the franchise, but the GameCube’s own Mario game has plenty in its camp, not least the fact that the infamous plumber spends much time cleaning up graffiti. Moments of ingenuity, a bastard-hard challenge and simply shedloads to explore make this a firm recommendation.

Viewtiful Joe
Okay, it made it onto the Playstation 2 in the end, but Capcom’s Viewtiful Joe could, if we’re not careful, be yet another terrific franchise from the firm that disappears into the ether (Power Stone, anyone?). Action-packed, stylish and a bona fide gaming challenge, that’s far more creative than 99% of the other stuff on the shelves. Result.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
I adore this, warts and all. A densely plotted, time-travelling adventure where you control differing characters in similar scenarios over different parts of time. Ingenious in places, and making the most of its structure, it has problems, but it also has staggering ambition. Brilliant stuff, that was quite happy to send you insane in the game, and then pull all sorts of tricks on you.

Sega Soccer Slam
Another Cube game I had a bit of a soft spot for. In the midst of all the FIFAs and Pro Evos, a couple of companies have tried to do something different with the football game. Red Card from Midway was one attempt, but Sega’s ultra-violent, smack-the-<censored>-out-of-each-other extravaganza is the one to get.

Mario Kart: Double Dash
Perhaps this one’s in the list out of obligation, because Mario Kart has had better days than its Cube outing. There’s little doubting the multiplayer prowess on offer here, though, even if it’s not much of a jump on the brilliant N64 take on the franchise. Ho hum.

Super Smash Bros Melee
A far easier inclusion, and another classic Nintendo franchise getting its Cube outing. A huge fighting game, with plenty to do and lots to discover, it finds its place on this list by being insanely good fun to play. Hurray!

Metroid Prime
A brilliant, brilliant, brilliant reinvention of a gaming franchise, that’s gone on to kickstart two further sequels. Metroid Prime is a pretty bloody brilliant mix of action, puzzle solving and adventure. It’s one of the machine’s better looking games, and could put up a sporting fight at being one of the best ten games of the decade. Blimey.

Resident Evil 4
The definitive edition of arguably the best Resident Evil game. End.

My first nintendo console was the Gameboy Color. I still have Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Red and Pokemon TCG for it :D. I started pokemon crystal again some months ago because the cartridge's battery died so I replaced it with a new one.

Well, I can't remember if my first console was the NES or the Super NES. I think it might have been around the same time because my mom got the Super NES for our house, while my grandmother got the NES for me to play when I was over at her house visiting. Unfourtenantly the NES recently broke last year *sob* But my Super NES still works :) I spent many hours playing both of these systems as a child and sill play all the games even today XD

I have been a game addict ever since I was a little kid. My first console was the NES console my dad gave me when I was 3. I didn't understand the controls or what I was doing, but I loved that console and still have it today. So, what was your first Nintendo console? What games do you play for nostalgia? Answer below in the comments.
My brothers had the first Gameboy with a broken screen, and they put a sealing tape on it xD They also had 2 GameBoy Colors.
Because it's not mine, it's a Special Edition used GameBoy advance for me and my brother.

My first ever Nintendo console was a red Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary Wii, that was a gift from my brother and his wife a couple yeers ago, so yeah, I got in late, too.

I mostly play Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on it. It's a great system, in my opinion.

The first system I used was the DS. I shared one with my sister, paceygym, and other brother. the first one I owned all to myself is my 2DS.

Reactions: Leej07
I think I used to have unofficial NES as my first Nintendo console, that came in the appearance of one of Sega console models for some reason. I still remember when I used to play Tetris and Track & Field games that time.

My first Nintendo console and my first console is the Nintendo 64. The games I had in it (In order to most played to least played) was Mario party 3, Mario party 2, Pokemon Snap, Banjo and Kazooie, Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart 64. And for ones that sucked for me Star wars race game of things and that red car racing game that was not that fun.

My first was an NES from my dad, it still works and we have some games for it but i'm planning on selling it later on in life

My first Nintendo console was Snes! Such good memories! Playing Mario Kart, Battletoad, Super Mario and Mortal Kombat! :D
Orb.gif

My first nintendo console, heck my first console period, was the nintendo wii, and the first game i got for it (not counting that wii sports stuff that was included with it) was Super Mario Galaxy, which to this day is on of my favorite games, a masterpiece is you ask me and a wonderful way to start my life in video games. I also got super mario galaxy 2 also, in case you were wondering, and i also got the legend of zelda:twilight princess and the legend of zelda:Skyward sword, which were some amazing games if you ask me. My wii broke shortly after my wiiu was purchased, which was sad because i had to get a gamecube and a wiiu to replace it.

My first nintendo console, heck my first console period, was the nintendo wii, and the first game i got for it (not counting that wii sports stuff that was included with it) was Super Mario Galaxy, which to this day is on of my favorite games, a masterpiece is you ask me and a wonderful way to start my life in video games. I also got super mario galaxy 2 also, in case you were wondering, and i also got the legend of zelda:twilight princess and the legend of zelda:Skyward sword, which were some amazing games if you ask me. My wii broke shortly after my wiiu was purchased, which was sad because i had to get a gamecube and a wiiu to replace it.
Ohh yes! Wii such cool console! Super Mario Galaxy was my favourite game! I beat lot of times :D. Good console, good games. :rolleyes:

The first console I had was the Gameboy Color! And with it came "Game & Watch Gallery 2" and a Madden game I never understood... Game & Watch was extremely entertaining, and I remember getting excited when I unlocked hidden mini-games. Later, I got Pokémon Yellow but as I bought it used, it wouldn't let me save, so I always would start from scratch. Finally, I remember getting "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe". Yeah, those were good times!

The first Nintendo console that I had was the Nintendo DS Lite, I can't remember which game I got first. I then upgraded to a 3DS I think 2 years ago. I also have a Nintendo Wii still. I have a GameBoy emulator on my Windows Surface 3 with Pokémon Yellow/Red/Blue/Crystal/Silver/Gold, LEGO Star Wars: the video game/LEGO Star Wars: the original trilogy.

Last edited:
NES. But If you're looking for the first one I owned (Because my Brother Technicaly owned it) It was the SNES and my favourite game on it was Starfox. You know, the lesser known predecessor to the most Iconic game with one of the most Iconic catchphrases which wasn't even that spectacular. "Do A Barrel Roll". Why was it not "Try a U Turn" Which appeared 1 minute before this catchphrase. Seriously guys, what are your minds thinking. Any ways, without going on a tangent, The SNES was in fact, Super! Bye!

NES. But If you're looking for the first one I owned (Because my Brother Technicaly owned it) It was the SNES and my favourite game on it was Starfox. You know, the lesser known predecessor to the most Iconic game with one of the most Iconic catchphrases which wasn't even that spectacular. "Do A Barrel Roll". Why was it not "Try a U Turn" Which appeared 1 minute before this catchphrase. Seriously guys, what are your minds thinking. Any ways, without going on a tangent, The SNES was in fact, Super! Bye!
Whoops, I meant 1 Minute after, not before! What was I thinking. I can't believe I got this Iconic Catchphrase Mixed up with different times! I really need to stop dragging out all of my comments because I find typing fun... it cant only be me can it??? It is only Me :(

I remember getting a Wii from my grandparents when i was probably 4 or 5. It was the last thing we opened on Christmas and obviously our favorite gift. We played with it all day(after my dad set it up, he probably never did it before). The games we had were LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga(no longer complete) and obviously Wii sports. The Christmas after that we got Animal Crossing: City Folk from our uncle. I was obsessed with it and never wanted to stop playing. That was probably the 1 game that our whole family could all enjoy together and talk about. Sigh. Nostalgia.... :)

My first Nintendo console is N3ds I bought couple months ago (I know it's a handheld, but still) xD to be honest, the only console I ever had was the PolyStation. Me and my brother used to play Lion King and Super Mario all the time. Ahh, the memories :D

Back