Your first Nintendo console

• Thread starter EntityHoundoor
  • Start date
A purple gameboy advance

The gameboy advance. It was a gift from my aunt. I learned about nintendo consoles through my cousin and my aunt happily gave me one. Best gift back then ever!

I guess my first Nintendo system was a SNES, but it was more of a family system. I played on it, but I was 4 or 5 at the time. The first one that was MINE was a lime green Gameboy Color my mom got me for my 6th-9th b-day. I'm not sure which one there, but, yea. *shiny eyed nostalgia*

Well I played Nes, but I don't really remeber if there was some before that

it was the for Nintendo ds they made for us, it was payed by three people from my moms family as she bought me my first two games, I got hocked to it so fast that at one point the screen would fall back enough to make the screen turn white and not make me see what I was doing when I was playing. so I got rid of it while my dad bought me the new ds I making me use it for new things around me as I played games on it at times while on others I did something else for fun, but as I was going to buy a new game they had stopped to make 3ds games instead making me have no choice but to buy older and boring games which I refused and instead got the 3ds from my dad with a new game and gave my ds I and it's games to my little sister to play with.

in the end we can just say that I had a pretty bumpy ride for my ds games.

Mine was The "Nintendo DSi" (non XL) :)

Mine was The "Nintendo DSi" (non XL) :)
I still don't get why they made xl ds in the first place, yeah the screen is larger but so is the ds and then what? it's just gonna be harder to put away in some of our things when we want to clean up and stuff around the place and you can't find the right place to put it without having a hard time to find it again!

My first one was a SNES. A friend of my mom bought it for me and It cam with Super Mario World. At the same time one my aunt had an NES so i got to play one hers when i was growing up, and my cousin got an N64 when it came out so we played on his when he was not there Mario64 or whatever that mario game was. We kind of all shared the console was yours but we borrowed each others at one time or another. I remeber having the hardest time on the N64 with the mari64 with sliding down some slide with penguins and i was suppose to advoid them, they were always knocking me off. My cousins bought my donkey kong county 1,2 they played that more than i did they borroed my console and rented the game and then they bought the game for me. LOLZ good times

I still don't get why they made xl ds in the first place, yeah the screen is larger but so is the ds and then what? it's just gonna be harder to put away in some of our things when we want to clean up and stuff around the place and you can't find the right place to put it without having a hard time to find it again!
It helps for people with bigger hands, you see. People with bigger hands have a hard time pressing the buttons and such, I believe.

My first Nintendo console was the Nintendo DS (the original one), but it was actually for my sister because I was 4 or 5 years old when she got it. But overtime, she just ignore it and decided to keep the DS with myself but now I am pretty tired of it since it is the only portable console I have and no DS games are being sold in stores, because everyone's minds are on the 3DS. And even then, everyone's minds will soon switch to the Nintendo Switch (see what I did there ;) ).

@RinoDino and everybody else that picked the ds/gameboy. Aren't those handhelds? (Don't get me wrong those systems are great, but the question was on consoles). My first console was the N64. I still play it, not just because it was my first console but because some of the games on it are amazing. My favorite 2 zelda games so far are on it (Ocarina of Time and Majara's Mask). Super Mario 64 is also my favorite 3d mario game, so yeah. This console is just great on so many levels, and it's special due to being my first console.

Sorry @Whovian#1, I thought it was consoles in general. So, my first Nintendo home console was actually the Wii U in 2015 for my birthday. In terms of home consoles in general, it was PS3 in 2009, but we are talking about Nintendo, so that doesn't matter.
I got the Wii U with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, a Dr. Mario amiibo, a Wii U Pro Controller for multiplayer and oddly enough, I got Wii Fit U as well, because it was free with the Wii U, but we didn't have the Wii Balance Board or the Wii Remote to play, since I never got a Wii.
Later on, I got almost all the Smash DLC (still a few Mii costumes left), a Wii Remote and later on, a Nunchuck, the Wii Balance Board as a Christmas present from my cousin, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (and I completed it 100% with only a Wii Remote), Super Mario Galaxy (digitally), No More Heroes (imported from the UK), Twilight Princess HD with the Wolf Link amiibo and the Special CD, Wind Waker HD (digitally), Wii Sports, a Captain Falcon amiibo, Super Mario RPG and Wario Land 4 on the Virtual Console and just recently, the Mario Kart 8 DLC.
I'm sorry if this is a long comment, but since the Wii U is my most recent console, I have a lot to talk about unlike the DS.

A trusty Nintendo Gamecube. Best system I've ever owned, unfortunately it broke during moving. I'm getting one for Christmas though, Yay! Regardless, the best reason as why to I love the Gamecube so much is that the best game is for it. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. Best game I've ever played, and in which I highly doubt will ever get topped.

Nintendo 64. Absolutely loved it and became a Nintendo fan since then.

my first console was the wii. i no longer use it (thanks, wii u), but i used to LOVE IT.

my first Console was Gamecube. My Mom got it for me as a Christmas gift. I even got 3 games to go along with it. (Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, and Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom) and I still have it to this very day. Even getting games such as Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, Mario Kart Double Dash, Muppets Party Cruise, Kirby Air Ride and Mario Superstar Baseball. Those were fun times! :)

First console was the GameCube. Probably one of my favorite systems. Loved Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Luigi's Mansion.

the first one was a gameboy that i stole from my cousing when I had 5 yearst old XD(well, they didnt played with that one at that time, so I had no problems for that) I had very few games but i enjoyed more flash games of internet because its was prettier for my (i was a child so dont kill me XD)

later my parents brougth a GBA SP for me, I had one megaman battle newtork spin off, sonic, pokemon.., the tipical things in majority

I remember having a Gameboy Advance back in the day, that was my first Nintendo device. I have really fuzzy memory from then, but I think my first console ever that wasn't handheld or nintendo was either the PS2 (generic) or GBA as stated above. I can't really give a definite answer but I remember my GBA.

Mmkay, if not counting the Sega lookalike Famiclone I mentioned long before, I think Wii is my first official Nintendo console (even though I'm kinda late to the party considering Switch is released already :p), and I'm still enjoying playing it even now. I remember playing several games like PokéPark and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And thinking way back then, if you're counting portables, Gameboy Advance SP comes first where I enjoyed several games like Power Rangers and Pokémon Emerald among others.

Back