your thoughts on atheists.

• Thread starter cloudmario666
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Candy there's something i never understood about the whole creator thing. If the creator created everything how did it get here? This is serious question btw.
The creator is timeless and was there from the beginning. A god is outside the laws of the universe and doesn't need to be created.

(DISCLAIMER im not making this for fights to happen just for people to express there feelings) so im a atheist.....are you a atheist or are you a believer or whatever people call themselves.explain why you believe or dont believe. Ps. sorry if i sound like a douchebag.
i think of religious people as stuck in the past its like they dont know science exist. i think of religious people as sad because they are brainwashed and have no hope in life so they turn and look at "god".(i grew up in the ghetto i remember always praying as a kid but then i noticed why do i want to beg to some dude.im not a slave.
...1.the bible is fake(ficton) 2.religious people cant ask questions about the universe. 3. they pray to no one. 4.they destroy all rejections to their religion. 5. they are money grabers(know your history). 6. thinking that god exist is evolution humans need a role model,in modern society god is irrelevant. 7. church schools are dumb. 8.GOD a dude flying around in the sky with a cloud. 9.some mexican guy named "jesus" exist.10. religion is cancer its only a matter of time till it stops existing.

Dude, your comments beyond the first post are more infantile than douchey: you ask that people not fight, yet you go well out of your way to insult anyone who isn't on your lane of thought. That's asking for a fight.
You see, the problem is not the faithful nor the faithless, it's the refusal to respect the other's opinion and move on. We're all living together on a small blue planet, we should just preach peace and get along. It's hatespeech like this why atheism has such a strong connotation.

I myself have no exact faith, but I'm not exactly atheist: I can't say there is, but I can't say there isn't. I haven't the tools to prove either. Point is, what I believe is my fellow man - I will do what I can to make sure we all have a comfortable place in life.

Reactions: Iridium Winter and Slayerpon Tatsu
So, uh, is this gonna get locked yet or what? XD

Considering that it became a intelligent conversation again,its unlikely that it will be locked now.

This is most I've seen a thread go from idiotically cringey to intelligent

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and MindzEye
The people replying to this thread are mature enough to not get offended, and no one has been insulted yet. (Opinions have been thrown in a negative way but the replies to them were okay) Debating/disagreement doesn't mean a thread should be locked, it'll get locked when a person is targeted/something goes too far.

@cloudmario666, something to note though, you are making generalizations. Not everyone is the same way, and it's unfair to put a label on every religious person cause the spectrum to how they practice religion varies .-.

Also, most of your proof is just opinions. "Something being dumb" doesn't prove anything. But then again, it's hard to prove stuff in religion cause it's related believing.

Anyways, I'm out... >_<

Reactions: 423, Blue Knight, Slayerpon Tatsu and 4 others
Alright, fair enough.

People are free to believe in what they want to, or don't want to imo
Hell I like Christianity, but also like Theistic Satanism.

No one is going to change that for naught.
I think faith in music, is the best way to approach it.
Churches are daunting for the most part, to approach and they can be rather pushy.

Musically has always worked for me spiritually.

People are free to believe in what they want to, or don't want to imo
Hell I like Christianity, but also like Theistic Satanism.

No one is going to change that for naught.
I think faith in music, is the best way to approach it.
Churches are daunting for the most part, to approach and they can be rather pushy.

Musically has always worked for me spiritually.
You sir, are a living oxymoron

Reactions: Iridium Winter and MuffinLad
I get that, a lot less often than you would think.
One must be with the light, in order to appreciate the darkness that follows. (I feel).

Reactions: MindzEye
69th post in this thread ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

One must be with the light, in order to appreciate the darkness that follows. (I feel).
I don't think that's how things work with religion.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Dammit, I should've snagged the 69th post while I had the chance ;_;
Oh well, gg.

On the actual topic at hand, the quote "One must be with the light in order to appreciate the darkness that follows" sounds super cool to be completely honest lol.

Oh look, 69? Get meme'd on.

You can't be Christian and believe in Satanism, because those two counteract each other.

On the actual topic at hand, the quote "One must be with the light in order to appreciate the darkness that follows" sounds super cool to be completely honest lol.
I was raised without religion.
And was taught to believe in what I feel is right by me.
Otherwise, I would of been a devout god fearing person, like my family was.
Religion to me, isn't always followed to the letter.
Free to interpretation anyways.
Only when it is fervent, too much, things get hairy.

Never said I was. @Slayerpon Tatsu
I just like the message the music has is all

Reactions: MindzEye
Speaking of the music I would like to talk about some song lyrics and meanings.
Twenty One Pilots- Holding On To You
A person I know irl says it's a love song to a girl and says 21P isn't really a religious band. Is he right, wrong, or is the music just too deep to tell (like a song about a relationship with the internet). It could be a love song to God. The lyrics indicating "you are surrounding all my surroundings" may suggest that. This song is about not listening to the speakers but listening to your heart and introspection of music since "we were gifted with thought" and to not take thinking seriously. While the beginning of the song sounds like a love song most of it suggests your talking to God like you want things to influence your religion or your just randomly browsing the web.
You can't be Christian and believe in Satanism, because those two counteract each other.
It's not like there's a specific in-between to those religions. (If there is one tell me.) At least it's good to be knowledgeable of both.

Speaking of the music I would like to talk about some song lyrics and meanings.
Twenty One Pilots- Holding On To You
A person I know irl says it's a love song to a girl and says 21P isn't really a religious band. Is he right, wrong, or is the music just too deep to tell (like a song about a relationship with the internet). It could be a love song to God. The lyrics indicating "you are surrounding all my surroundings" may suggest that. This song is about not listening to the speakers but listening to your heart and introspection of music since "we were gifted with thought" and to not take thinking seriously. While the beginning of the song sounds like a love song most of it suggests your talking to God like you want things to influence your religion or your just randomly browsing the web.

It's not like there's a specific in-between to those religions. (If there is one tell me.) At least it's good to be knowledgeable of both.
Quite a few religious songs are like that, but I can't tell you if they intended it to be a religious song when writing it.
As for having knowledge about other religions, that's good, but I didn't take Muffin's post as just having knowledge about both.

I reject atheism because there isn't a way to disprove God.

Errr... there isn't a way to prove it either.

You should look into agnostism.

Reactions: spagooti and Blue Knight
You should all join pastafarienism. We have beer volcanos, accept anyone and everyone, we have only one rule: no rules. And you must praise our lord The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I feel that just being on the one side would be a drag. Like Magic the gathering, I'm not always blue, though I respect its understanding of everything and its adaptability. I'm not always white, though righteousness and strength-in-numbers is one thing I can't argue. I'm not always red, but I'm all for burning passion and gut-instinct.

There are two more examples. My point is that one ought study all sides, regardless of if they've already chosen one: helps deepen the appreciation of all of them.

Alternately, one must know what the darkness goes through, as well as the light. Their suffering is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Atheists are just a bunch of cretins who don't want to admit there is somebody above them and just want another thing to argue about, or they're just a bunch of confused people who can't decide which God to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back