your thoughts on atheists.

• Thread starter cloudmario666
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Atheists are just a bunch of cretins who don't want to admit there is somebody above them and just want another thing to argue about, or they're just a bunch of confused people who can't decide which God to follow.

Or just a bunch of people who can admit that there has been no proof of God's existence, who can admit all the atrocities that have been made in the name of something that never has been proved, who can admit that religious writtings make no sense whatsoever and who realized there is no one to help you but yourself. And who never got struck by an all mighty power for thinking/saying that.

Just on a side note, there's no need to pull out insults.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu, spagooti and 24460
I'm an atheist/agnostic I suppose.

I don't think there's a god in this universe. (More on that later!)

Honestly, I've read the Bible (or rather, pieces of it, that book is thick!) and pieces of other religious books too. I do believe that there is wisdom in them or, at least, in the original versions. You should not take those books literally, for starters. They are compilations of knowledge written by intellectuals for intellectuals, so there's a lot of figurative speech in them. What people usually fail to acknowledge is that religion has always been a political tool and the books have gotten influenced by the politics of the times they passed through. Example; Mary wasn't holy up until halfway through the Middle Ages when some French Bishop decided women needed a role-model.
For the Bible; the original books got destroyed when the Roman empire slit up. (Only some scrolls survived, ever heard of the deadsea scrolls?) The reason for this was simple. At the time next to Christianity another big religion existed, the Mythras cultus. This religion came from India but was very popular in Europe. This religion was focussed on astronomy and believed in a saviour, the embodiment of the sun. The emperor wanted his empire to have one religion to keep tensions from happening. Of course people weren't happy about switching religions, so he ordered a new version of the Bible to be written, incorporating the other religions traditions. This is where we get the death and reliving of Jesus from for instance. On the Soutern hemisphere, on the 21st of December the sun is below the Southern cross (constellation) at it's lowest point. It's ' crucified' . For 3 days it will stay there at it's lowest point, rather than revolving around the sky. The sun doesn't move and is 'dead' . Then on the 24th (Hey! It's Christmas!) the sun starts moving again, being somewhere else at it's lowest point for the entire year, The sun/Mythras, is 'reborn'. Of course dates and whatnot shuffled around and I'm not bothering explaining them all but there's so many cases like this!
I realise we can learn from religion, but the literal immovable way some people see these books as 'true'... well, let's just say that's why I like Preacher.

But if there are infinite universes there's bound to be a universe were God exists. In that case, he's a big douche. (Yes, I can explain why.)

Reactions: MindzEye
Mitheras has nothing to do with Christianity. Except maybe for when Christmas is celebrated, but I doubt even that is accurate. Prophecies about Jesus were written far before that religion came around (Mithras came around 400BC and parts of the Bible/Torah were written long before). Maybe the guy in India did rewrite part of the Bible, but I don't think it's had much of an effect on the current day Bible. I could be wrong, but Paul's Letters weren't considered as part of the Bible at that point. And for the Old Testament, we could turn to the Jews for much if not all of it if we wanted an accurate version and I'm sure that people wouldve done that by now. Mithras and Christianity have some similarities, but Christianity doesn't rip off Mithras.

I'll just say, faith can be an awesome thing for society. A lot of people run into burning buildings or overturned cars because of their faith in something - mine, as previously outlined, the faith in other humans. Conversely, I really don't encourage the enforcement of someone else's faith, as that's one of the many things a guy has to decide for himself.

We're all humans here. We got some idea of a god/parliament/void/whooper, and saying there's an ultimate is a little overused: I respect that person's opinion though, and hope he doesn't tackle me for mine.

Just sayin', faith has helped more people than psychologists (read: people who have studied and applied a science), by an innumerable amount of factors.

Does this mean science is worthless? No, because there will always be a place for science, without science we wouldn't have medicine, for starters.

Does this mean faith is the absolute truth? No, just like any other belief. Can you prove God exists? No. Can you prove God doesn't? No. You cannot prove anything of the sort, as religion is NOT a science, but a set of beliefs.

Yes, people have committed atrocities in the past, is this the religion's fault? No. Blame the retards who started "holy wars" over what are essentially differences in thought. Just like what many atheists do today, attack the beliefs of other people.

Are atheists closer to the truth? No, as faith isn't a science. Keep an open mind and your beliefs don't matter for your career, and not having beliefs doesn't increase your brainpower, either .-.

And for the record, atheists are more prone to fall into depression and perhaps commit suicide, disregarding those, do drugs or worse. Why is this? Many religious people believe someone out there does love them or that they have to move forward and they'll eventually be rewarded, depending on religion. Just having something to believe in can grant people hope, that's not something that can be said about atheistic people.

Reactions: MindzEye
I will say my opinion
all the religions are evil in one way or another, (but im not accuse the believer automatically as bad persons)

most of the believers never readed the sacred book of his religion and dont know the reality of what are they believing

most of then believe in a version created by themselves that never was real

in some parts of the bible, god kills persons only because they werent like he wanted

all the religions tell you you must live with restrictions and you must hate and kill anyone that doent believe in your god or commit "unforgivable stupid sins" like, in example being gay or lesbian

the religion has been changing over time, in the past, most human believed in gods like Zeus or Odin, and never there found proof of the existence of any god

im a good person, but im gay... then I must go to hell only for that?

wow dude what a speech. now i know some dude died for me,im running to church now. are you really serious,when i read this i could not not stop from
laughing.1.the bible is fake(ficton) 2.religious people cant ask questions about the universe. 3. they pray to no one. 4.they destroy all rejections to their religion. 5. they are money grabers(know your history). 6. thinking that god exist is evolution humans need a role model,in modern society god is irrelevant. 7. church schools are dumb. 8.GOD a dude flying around in the sky with a cloud. 9.some mexican guy named "jesus" exist.10. religion is cancer its only a matter of time till it stops existing.
2: religion and science arent incompatible, one can think that God created the world by starting the big bang
4: my parents believe in god and they never hated me for not believing
5: actually, they dont force us to give them money, they only ask for it, you can give it or not if you want
6: no, the religions started because humans wanted answers about the universe
7: I agree with that, in my opinion there musnt be schools with a religion subject
8: maybe because is a god and can do anithing
9: you are talking without knowing, its true that the believers made a image of him like he was of europe, but never had that aspect

Last edited:
I will say my opinion
all the religions are evil in one way or another, (but im not accuse the believer automatically as bad persons)

most of the believers never readed the sacred book of his religion and dont know the reality of what are they believing

most of then believe in a version created by themselves that never was real

in some parts of the bible, god kills persons only because they werent like he wanted

all the religions tell you you must live with restrictions and you must hate and kill anyone that doent believe in your god or commit "unforgivable stupid sins" like, in example being gay or lesbian

the religion has been changing over time, in the past, most human believed in gods like Zeus or Odin, and never there found proof of the existence of any god

im a good person, but im gay... then I must go to hell only for that?

2: religion and science arent incompatible, one can think that God created the world by starting the big bang
4: my parents believe in god and they never hated me for not believing
5: actually, they dont force us to give them money, they only ask for it, you can give it or not if you want
6: no, the religions started because humans wanted answers about the universe
7: I agree with that, in my opinion there musnt be schools with a religion subject
8: maybe because is a god and can do anithing
9: you are talking without knowing, its true that the believers made a image of him like he was of europe, but never had that aspect
The Bible doesn't teach Christians to hate people. There was an Old Covenant that God had with Abraham and a New Covenant that was formed through Jesus and we (are supposed to) follow the New Covenant. And yes, being gay is a sin and sinning sends people to hell in the Christian belief, but so does stealing, lying, etc. Even if you weren't gay, youd be sinning according to our beliefs. (I'm not saying you've stolen, but I'm 99.99999999999% sure you've lied at one point or another).

The Bible doesn't teach Christians to hate people. There was an Old Covenant that God had with Abraham and a New Covenant that was formed through Jesus and we (are supposed to) follow the New Covenant. And yes, being gay is a sin and sinning sends people to hell in the Christian belief, but so does stealing, lying, etc. Even if you weren't gay, youd be sinning according to our beliefs. (I'm not saying you've stolen, but I'm 99.99999999999% sure you've lied at one point or another).
well, if you think that i am lying, then prove it, everyone is innocent until the opposite is proved

well, according to the bible, in the moises era, God killed Egyptians (including CHILDREN) because they opressed the Christians
if he is so benevolent ¿why he killed the children? the children doesnt know what is evil and good, and why he dont helped his people to be free at the stard of all?
and he also provoked a flood in the world to kill all the humans and animals, but Noe saved all of them

so then I must like women to not suffer eternally in hell because god hates me for liking men? ¡what a evil god! ¿do you truly believe that is a benevolent god?
in africa there are too much people that suffers hunger and war, but god doesnt help them

well, if you think that i am lying, then prove it, everyone is innocent until the opposite is proved

well, according to the bible, in the moises era, God killed Egyptians (including CHILDREN) because they opressed the Christians
if he is so benevolent ¿why he killed the children? the children doesnt know what is evil and good, and why he dont helped his people to be free at the stard of all?
and he also provoked a flood in the world to kill all the humans and animals, but Noe saved all of them

so then I must like women to not suffer eternally in hell because god hates me for liking men? ¡what a evil god! ¿do you truly believe that is a benevolent god?
in africa there are too much people that suffers hunger and war, but god doesnt help them
Everyone has lied.
And as I've said before I don't understand everything that he does. I can't explain the flood or the plagues. And no, Christianity teaches that accepting Jesus is the pathway to heaven, not liking the opposite gender. We also don't teach that god hates homosexuals. You pulled that line out of your rear. And yes, I do believe in a benevolent god. And guess what, people in Africa starving and starting wars isn't his fault, its people's.

Everyone has lied.
And as I've said before I don't understand everything that he does. I can't explain the flood or the plagues. And no, Christianity teaches that accepting Jesus is the pathway to heaven, not liking the opposite gender. We also don't teach that god hates homosexuals. You pulled that line out of your rear. And yes, I do believe in a benevolent god. And guess what, people in Africa starving and starting wars isn't his fault, its people's.
well, thats curious, because in the bible god gives his opinion abouts gays and lesbians
and my parents teached me that you will be in the heaven if you are a good person,

well, im sorry to say you dont readed the bible or a least you readed a censored one, because in the real bible:

one of god commandments is to not kill anyone and thats great
but he contradicts himself when he gives the commandments rock table to moises, he says that every child that dissobey their parents,must be killed by their parents and neighbors

also, lets talk about The Slaughter of the Innocents, its a event that its only mentioned in the mateo gospel, this event its never mentioned in other biblic or historic documents and there arent any proves that this happenend (not everyday a king orders to kill children)

also, if god is the creator of everithing , he is also the creator of evil

supposedly god was moving the star what the mages were following, but it had to pass by the king castle , ¿why not move the star directly to were jesus was?
this was because everithing that happens in the bible is a plan of god to make the people suffer while they think that they are benevolent and he didnt helped anyone,

also,jesus sacrifies himsel" to save us of sin"

its seem that god likes human sacrifices

do you want me to say more truths about the bible?

Last edited:
well, thats curious, because in the bible god gives his opinion abouts gays and lesbians
and my parents teached me that you will be in the heaven if you are a good person,

well, im sorry to say you dont readed the bible or a least you readed a censored one, because in the real bible:

one of god commandments is to not kill anyone and thats great
but he contradicts himself when he gives the commandments rock table to moises, he says that every child that dissobey their parents,must be killed by their parents and neighbors

also, lets talk about The Slaughter of the Innocents, its a event that its only mentioned in the mateo gospel, this event its never mentioned in other biblic or historic documents and there arent any proves that this happenend (not everyday a king orders to kill children)

also, if god is the creator of everithing , he is also the creator of evil

supposedly god was moving the star what the mages were following, but it had to pass by the king castle , ¿why not move the star directly to were jesus was?
this was because everithing that happens in the bible is a plan of god to make the people suffer while they think that they are benevolent and he didnt helped anyone,

also,jesus sacrifies himsel" to save us of sin"

its seem that god likes human sacrifices

do you want me to say more truths about the bible?
I think your parents are wrong. Can't prove their wrong, but they can't prove that they're right.
Worst thing I can find that he called homosexuality is an abomination. First definition of abomination is "a thing that causes disgust or hatred". I don't think he went with the hatred part. Disgust, however, I absolutely think is what he meant.
As for the commandments, it says to not Murder. There's a difference there.
As for the one about killing disobedient children, I couldn't find that verse to read the whole passage, so if you'd provide the verse, I'd be happy to look at it.
As for the Slaughter of the Innocents, you realize that it only happened in a very small area, right? There wouldn't have been that many babies killed and would not have been a great event compared to some of the other things that Herod did.
And yes, he created Lucifer and Lucifer became evil. The thing is, whenever he created the angels, he gave them free will. Giving anything free will can cause evil things to happen. He could've just gotten rid of free will, but then everything would probably be real robotic and I don't think that he wanted that.
I don't understand what point you're trying to make about the Star of Bethlehem, so I can't really answer that. As for why it was moving. A moving star is a lot easier to follow than a stationary one.
And despite Jesus taking on human form, he still kept being a deity and was less of a human sacrifice and more of a godly sacrifice.

I think your parents are wrong. Can't prove their wrong, but they can't prove that they're right.
Worst thing I can find that he called homosexuality is an abomination. First definition of abomination is "a thing that causes disgust or hatred". I don't think he went with the hatred part. Disgust, however, I absolutely think is what he meant.
As for the commandments, it says to not Murder. There's a difference there.
As for the one about killing disobedient children, I couldn't find that verse to read the whole passage, so if you'd provide the verse, I'd be happy to look at it.
As for the Slaughter of the Innocents, you realize that it only happened in a very small area, right? There wouldn't have been that many babies killed and would not have been a great event compared to some of the other things that Herod did.
And yes, he created Lucifer and Lucifer became evil. The thing is, whenever he created the angels, he gave them free will. Giving anything free will can cause evil things to happen. He could've just gotten rid of free will, but then everything would probably be real robotic and I don't think that he wanted that.
I don't understand what point you're trying to make about the Star of Bethlehem, so I can't really answer that. As for why it was moving. A moving star is a lot easier to follow than a stationary one.
And despite Jesus taking on human form, he still kept being a deity and was less of a human sacrifice and more of a godly sacrifice.
I have the bible in spanish, so i will put it in spanish since i dont want to search it in english
Si un hombre tiene un hijo rebelde y desvergonzado, que no atiende lo que mandan su padre o su madre.sus padres lo agarrarán y llevarán ante los jefes de la ciudad, a la puerta donde se juzga, Entonces todo el pueblo le tirará piedras hasta que muera
translation: basically if he dissobey their parents the parents must take him to the bossses of the city and later to the door where it judges and then the people of the town will throw rocks until the child dies

I have the bible in spanish, so i will put it in spanish since i dont want to search it in english
Si un hombre tiene un hijo rebelde y desvergonzado, que no atiende lo que mandan su padre o su madre.sus padres lo agarrarán y llevarán ante los jefes de la ciudad, a la puerta donde se juzga, Entonces todo el pueblo le tirará piedras hasta que muera
translation: basically if he dissobey their parents the parents must take him to the bossses of the city and later to the door where it judges and then the people of the town will throw rocks until the child dies
I meant what book, chapter and verse.

Mitheras has nothing to do with Christianity. Except maybe for when Christmas is celebrated, but I doubt even that is accurate. Prophecies about Jesus were written far before that religion came around (Mithras came around 400BC and parts of the Bible/Torah were written long before). Maybe the guy in India did rewrite part of the Bible, but I don't think it's had much of an effect on the current day Bible. I could be wrong, but Paul's Letters weren't considered as part of the Bible at that point. And for the Old Testament, we could turn to the Jews for much if not all of it if we wanted an accurate version and I'm sure that people wouldve done that by now. Mithras and Christianity have some similarities, but Christianity doesn't rip off Mithras.
:rotfl:

Okay, your missing an important part here.
Like I said, Christianity and the Mithras cultus existed at the same time. However, Christianity back then is quite different from what is now because emperor Constantine (lived in Constantinople, now Istanbul (NOT INDIA! That's justwhere the original religion came from)) had the Mithras traditions merged into Christianity to appease his following.
Jesus was born in March, yet here we are, celebrating his birth in December. That's not because we don't know when the guy was born, that's because for political reasons they merged the celebrations. What I was trying to say is that the Bible has changed for political reasons for thousands of year, blurring out the original message. I do think we can learn from it, but you'll have to read through the static of thousands of year of politics. Taking this book literally therefore, seems rather stupid.

-BONUS- The thing we call "the" Bible now is just the King James Bible. This is a Bible composed relatively recently. After he fell out with the Pope he decided to start his own Church. To do that he picked four manuscripts out of hundreds (!) and declared those the true Bible. These manuscripts conveniently suited his views on marriage and other political problems he had. Later on, the rest of the Christians followed his lead and rather than having hundreds of different versions, they adopted these four. Even these four manuscripts differ from each other, but they're even more different from all the Bibles that were thrown away. There were hundreds of versions thanks to an effect like the telephone-game. After retelling the story over and over, elements changed and different versions came to be. Now rather than comparing them to find the original version (or what remains of that) we just picked four. You can ask yourself whether we even have the 'true' version of the Bible now.

As for the Old Testament, that one has been through the ages too. There's been a lot of politics thrown into those too. I like the fact that Muslims/Jews/Christians all share the same base but this base too exists in a wide array of versions since there have been so many edits since it was written.

Reactions: MindzEye and 8150
:rotfl:

Okay, your missing an important part here.
Like I said, Christianity and the Mithras cultus existed at the same time. However, Christianity back then is quite different from what is now because emperor Constantine (lived in Constantinople, now Istanbul (NOT INDIA! That's justwhere the original religion came from)) had the Mithras traditions merged into Christianity to appease his following.
Jesus was born in March, yet here we are, celebrating his birth in December. That's not because we don't know when the guy was born, that's because for political reasons they merged the celebrations. What I was trying to say is that the Bible has changed for political reasons for thousands of year, blurring out the original message. I do think we can learn from it, but you'll have to read through the static of thousands of year of politics. Taking this book literally therefore, seems rather stupid.

-BONUS- The thing we call "the" Bible now is just the King James Bible. This is a Bible composed relatively recently. After he fell out with the Pope he decided to start his own Church. To do that he picked four manuscripts out of hundreds (!) and declared those the true Bible. These manuscripts conveniently suited his views on marriage and other political problems he had. Later on, the rest of the Christians followed his lead and rather than having hundreds of different versions, they adopted these four. Even these four manuscripts differ from each other, but they're even more different from all the Bibles that were thrown away. There were hundreds of versions thanks to an effect like the telephone-game. After retelling the story over and over, elements changed and different versions came to be. Now rather than comparing them to find the original version (or what remains of that) we just picked four. You can ask yourself whether we even have the 'true' version of the Bible now.

As for the Old Testament, that one has been through the ages too. There's been a lot of politics thrown into those too. I like the fact that Muslims/Jews/Christians all share the same base but this base too exists in a wide array of versions since there have been so many edits since it was written.
KJV isn't the only version out there and there are more literal translations available (and I think even the KKJV has moved away from what it once was, but I don't know for sure, I don't use it).
As for the Old Testment, we have the Dead Sea Scrolls that have shown us that we are pretty accurate on what is in the Bible. We also have manuscripts of the New Testament to ensure accuracy.
As for us knowing when Jesus was born, I still haven't seen anything that claims to know absolutely when he was born. There have been guesses, but nothing that is absolute at this point.

i am christian and i dont mind atheist Jehovahs witness i even have some friends who are jehovahs witness and my older sister is atheist so i just like having people to be friends with i dont care if there black i dont care if there non religious so please lets all be friends

God is great, He is awesome. He always has a planned. God has never contradicted Himself to my knowledge and He never will. Also, many bible translations exist.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I'm a Bible Thumper. Yep, atheists of all shapes and sizes have called me that in the past, but that never made me hate 'em. I think it's fine to share your faith (or lack there of) as long as you are ready for a wave of disagreement, because that crap is inevitable; especially over the internet. xD

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu, Iridium Winter and Blue Knight
I really HATE atheists. But I was raised a Christian, but Atheists aren't good people. The KKK are Atheists. I see ISIS as Atheist. They're not really Islamic. They just want an excuse to try and take over the world. The Koran clearly states that all Muslims should be peaceful.

I really HATE atheists. But I was raised a Christian, but Atheists aren't good people. The KKK are Atheists. I see ISIS as Atheist. They're not really Islamic. They just want an excuse to try and take over the world. The Koran clearly states that all Muslims should be peaceful.
Those are two massive examples rather than the individuals. Of course there are going to be some horrible people but they are always gonna be horrible whatever the religion. I have a hella lot of atheist friends and they are some of the nicest people I've met. I've met some bad atheists but that doesn't mean that all of them are bad because of one person.
I just keep an open mind and ignore all of them hear them out.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back