What is your favorite Nintendo 3DS game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Mine is Fire Emblem Awakening, :cool:
Pokemon Y is now my favorite 3DS game, :love:

Pokemon Y is now my favorite 3DS game, :love:
lol Pokemon Y was that good? Well, can't say I'm too surprised given the stuff I hear about Gen 6 :p

I was referring to the analogy in general and how Super Mario games are similar to COD in terms of staying the same yet still being a bit fun to an extent. I don't really like COD either.
I still genuinely enjoy Mario games, but only if I let go of the notion of it being innovative.

I still genuinely enjoy Mario games, but only if I let go of the notion of it being innovative.
Yeah, definitely. The Mario games aren't too bad, it's just that at this point the repetition is starting to get a little annoying. It's nice to see some innovation with stuff like Mario Galaxy, but yeah

lol Pokemon Y was that good? Well, can't say I'm too surprised given the stuff I hear about Gen 6 :p
Mostly because of competitive battling over Wi-Fi. I can play Fire Emblem Awakening over and over again, but I'd hate to start over my journey in Pokemon. The new features in X/Y are cool but the story is a little bleh IMO, :vomit:

Not to mention that the game is SUPER EASY, :whistle:

So it's really:
  • Pokemon X/Y for multiplayer gameplay.
  • Fire Emblem Awakening for single player gameplay.
I'm more of a multiplayer type of guy, :)

But I have to say that Game Freak did a great job with 6th gen's features. Battle scenes aren't going to bore you if you've played every single Pokemon game in history. The Player Search System is just amazing, although it would have been better if they included text chat. There are shy people who prefers text over voice, :headphone:

Mostly because of competitive battling over Wi-Fi. I can play Fire Emblem Awakening over and over again, but I'd hate to start over my journey in Pokemon. The new features in X/Y are cool but the story is a little bleh IMO, :vomit:

So it's really:

But I have to say that Game Freak did a great job with 6th gen's features. Battle scenes aren't going to bore you if you've played every single Pokemon game in history. The Player Search System is just amazing, although it would have been better if they included text chat. There are shy people who prefers text over voice, :headphone:

Yeah, your points are solid. If only the FE: Awakening streetpass battles thing worked better. I mean, it'd be cool if the opponent had the option to manipulate the dual system too haha

So it's really:

Perfect said.
I think Game Freak need to work on the single player, better story and also, more difficult.

Perfect said.
I think Game Freak need to work on the single player, better story and also, more difficult.
Well, the single player difficulty is probably like that for people joining the series. Keep in mind it IS targeted for kids :p Maybe if they offered a "hard mode" or something idk

Well, the single player difficulty is probably like that for people joining the series. Keep in mind it IS targeted for kids :p Maybe if they offered a "hard mode" or something idk
Hard mode wouldn't really work, hard mode insinuates that you increase attack and other stats of wild pokemon and Gym Leaders, which seems fine and good. But then you catch one of those Pokemon and battle against someone playing the game normally and your pokemon have an innate advantage.

Hard mode wouldn't really work, hard mode insinuates that you increase attack and other stats of wild pokemon and Gym Leaders, which seems fine and good. But then you catch one of those Pokemon and battle against someone playing the game normally and your pokemon have an innate advantage.
yeah true. And in any case it wouldn't really be fair to the "casual gamers" playing the game. Perhaps if they added an additional region with the levels increasing a lot and all it could help. They kinda did that with SoulSilver/HeartGold

Or alternatively with the hard mode, the OPPONENTS have higher stats, but once you capture the pokemon they revert to "normal stats"

yeah true. And in any case it wouldn't really be fair to the "casual gamers" playing the game. Perhaps if they added an additional region with the levels increasing a lot and all it could help. They kinda did that with SoulSilver/HeartGold

Or alternatively with the hard mode, the OPPONENTS have higher stats, but once you capture the pokemon they revert to "normal stats"
It seems like a viable workaround.

It seems like a viable workaround.
viable workaround, but it's TrollFreak :p Don't count on them going the extra mile just to appease the select group of people complaining about the difficulty level (I mean, they're yet to do Hoenn remakes....) xD

viable workaround, but it's TrollFreak :p Don't count on them going the extra mile just to appease the select group of people complaining about the difficulty level (I mean, they're yet to do Hoenn remakes....) xD
3qn0s3.jpg

I doubt we'll see one anytime soon.

Reactions: Reece
3qn0s3.jpg

I doubt we'll see one anytime soon.
YES THAT MEME IS AMAZING. Eh, I wouldn't be too surprised if they announce one eventually. It's still possible.

Yeah I kind of wish they'd go back to games like Galaxy which tried to be truly innovative, unlike the newer games, because really, one gimmick (Coins, Cat Suit) does not an innovation make.
True, I agree with everything you say, I kinda wish that a Super Mario Galaxy 3 be announced for the 3DS or Wii U, I love the Mario Galaxy idea, it was creative and different :)

True, I agree with everything you say, I kinda wish that a Super Mario Galaxy 3 be announced for the 3DS or Wii U, I love the Mario Galaxy idea, it was creative and different :)
The thing is though that even the Mario Galaxy series will get repetitive after a while. I mean, Mario Galaxy 2 was innovative in many ways with the addition of Yoshi and all, but they're bound to run out of ideas eventually.

The thing is though that even the Mario Galaxy series will get repetitive after a while. I mean, Mario Galaxy 2 was innovative in many ways with the addition of Yoshi and all, but they're bound to run out of ideas eventually.
You're kind of right there, what I meant was make games with different innovations, maybe make an open world mario game, IDK.
YES THAT MEME IS AMAZING. Eh, I wouldn't be too surprised if they announce one eventually. It's still possible.
I was trying to find a meme of the Pokemon anime girls sitting at a deli whispering and laughing "People still think there's going to be a Hoenn remake."

I don't want to say this but you are correct (I want another Mario Galaxy), soon they will run out of ideas and make the game repetitive with no flavor in it, but I think that there is space for one or two more Mario Galaxy games, their is room for more ideas yet, right ?

I don't want to say this but you are correct (I want another Mario Galaxy), soon they will run out of ideas and make the game repetitive with no flavor in it, but I think that there is space for one or two more Mario Galaxy games, their is room for more ideas yet, right ?
Eh idk about that tbh. We'd have to see what they come up with before we can judge there. Honestly, I wouldn't think it's a completely bad idea if they capped it at Galaxy 2. Maybe they can think of some other innovative thing for Mario to explore

s
Eventually it will, but Nintendo has managed to keep most of their franchises original and I'm sure that they can do another 2-3 Galaxy games and keep it fresh.

Back