What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
As a fan of the entire series of games it's hard to choose just one. If I had to choose, I would choose Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Originally I would have chosen any of the Gen 2 games but the remakes took it up a notch and polished a lot of what was wrong in the originals. I love being able to listen to the original soundtrack in-game and having your Pokémon walk with you, was the best! The original Gen 2 games I have so much nostalgia for but again, the remakes take the cake.

I also love the Gen 4 games even though many people find me crazy for liking it.

As a fan of the entire series of games it's hard to choose just one. If I had to choose, I would choose Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Originally I would have chosen any of the Gen 2 games but the remakes took it up a notch and polished a lot of what was wrong in the originals. I love being able to listen to the original soundtrack in-game and having your Pokémon walk with you, was the best! The original Gen 2 games I have so much nostalgia for but again, the remakes take the cake.

I also love the Gen 4 games even though many people find me crazy for liking it.
I never got to play HS/SS, they are the only main series games I never got to play, the old soundtrack can be played??

I never got to play HS/SS, they are the only main series games I never got to play, the old soundtrack can be played??
Yep. After you beat the E4 you get this GB Player that plays the original soundtrack over the new one.

Reactions: fatefellshort182
My favorite pokemon game is pokemon Y.It is my favorite pokemon game because it is the first 3ds pokemon game I played.Also because they started making mega evolutions.

:):):):)

My favorite pokemon game is pokemon Emerald. The region and generationWas really advanced and cool. I liked rayquaza alot. Now its even better with a mega evolution . It was the first game that had a animated cutscene. It had a solid storyline. Displaing both villaunous teams. It was also the last pokemon rpg for the gameboy advance. I still has and I have some pretty fond memories of it.:p:D

My favorite is definitely Pokemon Red the first was by far the best

PokemonEmerald is my favorite.This might sound weird but the game had a sense of grandness on many levels. First off, there is light practically everywhere and it gives a sense of that day time liveliness. I know in Pokemon Black and White there should be a that sensation in Castelia City because there are so many people but the insufficient lighting of the "sun" kind of loses it. Second, the sizes of everything (characters, buildings) fit very well together. This my favorite quality about the game, the way that the graphics give emphasis on the environment rather than everything else, this gives it a better sense of exploration and mystery.#

Reactions: Hikki
My favorite Pokemon game that I've played is Pokemon Diamond. It introduced snow, a real-time clock thanks to the Nintendo DS (day/night), the GTS, Wi-Fi battles, and of course, the storyline was good.

I've played a couple of Mystery Dungeon games but I'm not a fan.

What is your favorite Pokemon game?
I like 3rd Gen.
I grew up wth Crystal, so when that bad boy came out, I was all like, "WOAH. THE COLORS." The tropical design was unique and fun to explore, legendaries were baddonkey, everything was just beautiful.
Plus, most people don't think about the little improvements made. You could see your footsteps in the sand! That was a big deal to me. The double battles allowed for a unique training experience....

I don't know if this counts because it is new but, I am loving Pokemon Omega Ruby. It brings the feel of Black/White/X/Y because of the "Poping out-ness" and Dynamic colors. But it also takes the old version and the Pokemon. I honestly didn't enjoy Pokemon White as much as Platinum or any of the past gens, because of the new Pokemon.(It was confusing to memorize the new Pokes.) I also would say Pokemon Mystery Dungeon because you are the Pokemon! You can explore without a lot of boundaries and (In my opinion) has a much better story line than any of the other Pokemon games besides Pokemon Ranger. Whew! I wrote too much...

HGSS is my favorite, since it was my first game and I loved all the environments in the world.

My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Diamond. It's the newest one I have and it's one of the only games I have for the regular DS, so I played it a lot and I've had lots of fun with it.

My favorite pokemon games were black and black 2. The story and innovative gameplay was just amazing. It was the most challenging of every game I've ever played and still is. Especially the tower. I've still yet to complete it and I'm saving it for a rainy day. Black tower is the kind of wave after wave of battling I love to see.

I used to play almost every Pokemon game, most of them are broken because of MissingNo. I ended to buy any Pokemon game when Nintendo DS came out but started it again on christmas using 3DS.
Pokemon Red was my first Pokemon game(that still works) and is on my top5 list. I still miss the old times when it came out.
Pokemon Alpha Sapphir is the new Pokemon game I am playing, and it is not bad but it is unfinished and I cant call it "my favourite game" because of that.
Conclusion: Emerald is my favourite one :)

For me it has to be either Silver or Sapphire. The last one I played on GBA was Sapphire so getting to play it again on 3DS with all the fancy graphics is just amazing :D

Mine is: Heart gold and soul silver because 1.I love having my pokemon walk behind me, 2. The poke marathon and 3.Is the fact they merge Jhoto and Kanto region together. I also like pokemon Platinum because of team galactic.

my favorite pokemon game is leaf green because is the first game i played and i love pokemon since that moment

From the third gen, I am a big fan of the "3rd games" in each generation (Emerald, Platinum) because you get more cool things to do after beating the Elite 4 but if I have to choose then it is Heartgold/Soulsilver. It will probably change though when I'll finish playing this generation of Pokémon games.

If it's my favorite Pokemon game of all time, it's probably Pokemon LeafGreen. It's my first Pokemon game in the Gameboy Advance system.

My favourites are pokemon Heartgold and Pokemon Soulsilver. In that game, you have your favourite pokemon behind your back and the pokewalker is just awesome. most of all, the music of different places (especially in Kanto) are my favourite:):):)

mine is pokemon soulsilver dont know why...

Back