What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I though mystery dungeon was actually really good. Its story line was the best of all pokemon games(my opinion) even if the fighting wasnt as great. I also liked the buying and selling and storing system, also I like how you get to be the pokemon, not the trainer. The day and night cycle got a little annoying, though

My favourite Pokemon game has to be Pokemon Emerald. It was the first game I ever owned for the Gameboy and the first game I ever actually beat properly. It was the turning point for the Pokemon franchise and added so many new features in it that are present in almost all of the Pokemon games today

Reactions: Mikaya
My favorite game to this day is still FireRed. It was the first of the series that I played. Once I heard of Ruby's release, I got that one too. And then I made the transition over to the DS, where I played Diamond. I never played Black/White or Black/White 2 (until I played it on a DS emulator when the ROM leaked), or HeartGold/SoulSilver, but I did play Pokemon X. Still haven't gotten ORAS though.

I would have to say Pokemon Red is my favorite. This Pokemon is how I got into Pokemon in the first place. It was an amazing experience and since I did not know anything about Pokemon, it was a challenge to get through. I did get stuck at certain parts but the Pokemon League was the most challenging. Without understanding the typings of Pokemon, it became difficult as I was hoping that the moves I select would be effective. In the end, I did beat the Pokemon League and it inspired me to get into the game series.

My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky it was one of the most awesome franchises in my opinion and the story is like no other the continuous play is great and is a awesome challenge to anyone, but the new PMD series is in my opinion a total fail ....... they removed most of the cool features and add others features making the game too easy. but then thats only my opinion

It's hard to pick between the first 3 generations because their so integral to childhood experiences; however, I remember my time with Ruby/Sapphire the most that possibly stems from being older because I remember being pretty obsessed with Gen 1 and 2 as well; however, the sheer excitement I had over learning a new Pokemon game was coming out and playing the demo in Toys R Us and seeing the amazing starters for generation 3 is something that has stuck with me. amazing Starters, amazing pokemon designs, amazing Region, GBA graphics upgrade, running... The only thing it didn't have was the day/night cycle which is going to be in the remake.

I really enjoyed the sprites from the Game Boy era though.

my favourite pokemon game is platinum it was so much fun i hope they do a re make and image new looking to granting and you could get arceus can't wait until they do a remake it will be amazing

My favourite Pokémon game is pokemon blue because it was my first one I ever played and it is the game that got me hooked on the Pokémon franchise so pokemon blue all the way

alpha sapphire by far. it's like reliving my childhood!

Pokemon rumble blast

Mine would probably be X/Y (If we are only allowed to pick one then X) because it brought the main series of Pokemon games to 3d and even though it had the least new Pokemon in any generation, it introduced mega evolution! It made competitive battling much better too! It also mad ev training alot easier with the super training page and you not having to worry about going over 252 evs. The new fairy types are also very strong competitively!

Pokemon Stadium for N64 all the way! xD

Reactions: MegaDarkLucario12
I loved Pokemon Gold because you could play through Kanto and battle Red after you beat the Johto league, I never played HG/SS though.

I like Soul Silver best because there are a lot of Legendary pokemon and you can explore Johto and Kanto.

Pokemon x that what is my faviourate game it gave a new hope to pokemon fans just like me story line was very very nicce. some of new pokemon introduce in 6gen are amazing. pss give a new world to online pokemon gamer and 3d effect make it so special best pokemon game i hve play till now.

my favorite was kalos because it broght back so many memeries of when i went to france so yeah

Sapphire, not Alpha Sapphire, but Sapphire, Sapphire. It was the first pokemon game I ever played and it's verry sentamental to me

Quick question everyone and anyone. I was wondering whether or not I should get Pokemon X/Y or Pokemon Omega Ruby/Sapphire? Thanks!

Quick question everyone and anyone. I was wondering whether or not I should get Pokemon X/Y or Pokemon Omega Ruby/Sapphire? Thanks!
I think you should get Pokemon OR/AS cause it has alot of new things to do that will help you out.
For starters, if you like catching pokemon but hate the hastle of finding out where they are, there is a new thing called Dex Nav that shows you what pokemon are on what route.
Second, this game is JAM PACKED with ledgendaries. In X/Y you only get the game's ledgendary and one of the bird trio depending on what starter you chose. BUT in OR/AS you can get lots!! including but not limited to
Lugia/Ho-oh
Dog Trio (suicune, Enti, and that other one)
Rayquazza and Dyoxus
Dialga/Palika
Giritina
Asleaf, Mespirit, and Uxie
and others too!

Or just wait till Z, X2/Y2, X Squared/ Y squared WHATEVER GAMEFREAK DOES!
To come out...

Mine would be Pokemon Trading Card Game for GBA. It has nice graphics, great story line, different play style than normalbattles, and I like card games! I own both the first release and TCG2 which came in Japanese only yet I didn't play it yet.

Back