What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
FireRed (Or LeafGreen) or Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (Or Blue Rescue Team, of course) are probably my favorites. I love Kanto and the first gen Pokémons, and FR/LG had so much more than just that, and the Mystery Dungeon games were so different, and yet awesome.
I'd like to say I liked SS/HG too, as Crystal was great, but I actually thought I hadn't even played the Soul Silver I have until yesterday when I noticed I had all 16 badges. Apparently, it wasn't a very memorable journey after all.

Black 2 was my fave. The storyline was great, I got white kyurem, and zekrom (named rick). It was also easy for me to get my god (Wonder guard Sableye). So its great

Reactions: Bruciefulton09
My favorite Pokemon game for me would have to be the one that I started pokemon with. HeartGold! I loved the walking with your pokemon mechanic and I really wish they brought it back. It felt like the anime for me. I loved role playing with them and stuff. I loved the story and the characters. My favorite starter was the fire type- Cynquil.

my favorite pokemon games were red, blue, yellow, and platinum. in pokemon gen 1, when i finished the game, i could have fun glitching and hacking the game. when glitching/hacking the game, i could explore more into the game with glitch trainers, glitch pokemon, and glitch moves. i could also make my gen 1 glitch at ease with the mew glitch and the missingno item duplicate glitch. in pokemon platinum, it introduced online battling, giratina, the distortion world, and the rest of team galactic. in pokemon platinum, i was able to capture palkia, dialga, and giratina. the game had the distortion world to test out the 3d graphics. the story was pretty good, as it wasn't the ordinary "take over the world" plot.

My favourite Pokémon game has to be black, I liked the fact it had animation in battles, changing of seasons and c-gear. The best thing is that they kept the old Pokémon and added many new legendries and commons.

Well, what about black 2? Black 2 has better pokemon, cooler graphics and BLACK KYUREM!!!

It doesnt get much better than wonder guard sableye on wifi train tho

My favorite Pokemon game is and always will be (maybe) Pokemon Black and White 2
I honestly don't know why, maybe it is because that's when I started getting into the competitive side of Pokemon. But I just had a lot of fun with the story of the game and the villians, especially how they decided to bring back team Plasma
Also I like Roxie! best gym leader EVUR!

My favorite Pokemon game absolutely has to be the original Pokemon Red version for the Game Boy. I can play that game so many times and it never gets old. Completely the Pokedex in that game is no biggie because there is only 151 Pokemon needed to catch. The glitches in that game are amazing! Everyone loves Missingno. and the Mew glitch. As nice as mega evolutions are, I am not a huge fan of them. I like the plain old game with nothing ridiculously complicated.

Reactions: Viking
mine is pokemon omega ruby

My favourite pokemon game is my first pokemon game platinum
All theese feelings when i bought it....

My favorite is Pokemon platinum. I picked it up from a friend for 5$, and beat it in under 15 hours. I then went back thru to 100% the game, minus the pokedex (we all know that's basically impossible without cheating). I was able to 100% the game in another 18 hours after that. My first legit level 100, my Staraptor (Which I named Falcon), allowed me to beat the elite four for one reason. I was at 2HP, and my opponent was Flint's Infernape (level 70ish or so). We were locked into a Roost/Flare Blitz war, seeing who would run out of PP or miss first. Everything else I had was fainted, which consisted of Charizard, Rhyperior, Arceus (don't ask how he fainted), and a shiny Mew (which I obtained from the Old Sea Map event for Emerald, so my shiny mew is legit, yay!). Finally, he ran out of PP on Flare Blitz, and that resulted in him using an even worse move - Blast Burn. But, I survived with 1HP (how did I forget about my focus sash?!) and it gave me the window of opportunity to use my last Full Restore while he was still recharging. I used fly, and it hit (obviously), allowing me to win. I have pulled myself out of many scrapes with Staraptor. It may not be the strongest around, but it is definitely reliable. It strikes first when you need to, it always gets the extra punch right when you need it, and it overall is just incredible. Plus, epic mohawk thing. Where did this thing originate? Generation 4. Therefore, I love Platinum with all my heart.

Yeah staraptor is so cool i love it i have staraptor 100 level too...what i remember from the pokemon league was cynthia.She was so tough.All i had was my crobat and she had garchomp i was with i hp and i manage to win it with poison fang and i was so lucky that it was critical and i won. Yeyy

Yeah staraptor is so cool i love it i have staraptor 100 level too...what i remember from the pokemon league was cynthia.She was so tough.All i had was my crobat and she had garchomp i was with i hp and i manage to win it with poison fang and i was so lucky that it was critical and i won. Yeyy
I consider Cynthia to be the most brutal pokemon league champion of all time. She is completely ruthless, and the amount of full restores she has is ridiculous for even the most powerful of competitive players.

Yeah thats true
I consider Cynthia to be the most brutal pokemon league champion of all time. She is completely ruthless, and the amount of full restores she has is ridiculous for even the most powerful of competitive players.

I absolutely loved Emerald and Pokemon XD. Its hard to choose between the two. However I do like the online features nowadays.

This probably isn't a popular opinion, but my personal favorite is Omega Ruby. It's probably the "smoothest" pokemon Gane I've ever played with good pacing a solid aftergame, and less wild encounters. I always felt that part pokemon games had so many wind encounters to the point of being broken but hey that's just me. So far the crowing jewel to one of my favorite franchises.

less wild encounters. I always felt that part pokemon games had so many wind encounters to the point of being broken
Yeah, Fire Red had that problem. Mount moon was totally exempt from the zubat infection. I ran into about 32452345236235634524352345 caterpies, weedles, and pidgeys going from Viridian Forest entrance to Viridian Forest Exit. Don't even get me started on the sheer number of Rattata that you must battle. If you train only ONE pokemon and you never flee from any battles, you will probably be level 100 by the time that you leave Viridian Forest.

Main Game : Sapphire/Emerald
Side games : Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky/Pokemon Shuffle
and of all time emerald/sapphire tie.

I really like Pokemon Platinum. Its plot is long enough to keep me busy for a while, and the distortion world is probably the coolest location of any pokemon game. I also really like Omega Ruby because it's graphics are just plain amazing, and the plot is a little longer than XY's. It's also easy to EV train and find certain pokemon (thank you Dexnav!)

My favorite spin-off is definitely Rumble World. Not only is it free to play, it's also easy to earn gems without spending any money. It is a little annoying that you have to make multiple visits to certain spots just to obtain a certain pokemon, however.

Back