What is your favorite region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos?

• Thread starter Ozga
  • Start date
Mine is Kalos

kalos, kanto,hoenn, johto,unova
the regions i did not like is sinnoh

mine is kanto the original one :)
I'd have to agree, some of those pokemon have stayed with me from then. It isnt the game thats quite so great, its the experience and memory

Sinnoh by far, it has some of the best Pokemon, and I just like the design of the region itself.

What is your favorite region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos?

My favorite is Hoenn.
Hoenn for me too!

Unova And Kanto

Aesthetically, I prefer Kalos. I like my world around me to be pretty. I love the city designs, especially Lumiose City, Despite the horrid camera angle. I've heard Lumiose city is based off of Paris too, and I've always wanted to go to Paris so yeah. I also prefer Kalos cause of the fashion boutiques xD

I love Hoenn, but the story of B/W continuing on to B2/W2 was done so much better than all the other remakes, like OR/AS just redoing the original story

My favorite is Kalos ;)

Well Hoenn was really great, and pretty much got me into pokemon, so i like it. But Sinnoh was the one i plyaed the most and got the farthest in. I had it for a long time, but then Kalos came out, and it has so much to get. i like the improved trading and battling over internet, it adds so much to the game.

Hoenn 100% Had the best music out of every video game in the history of video games and had a lot of new features like day and night. Although it had a lot of water it really didn't matter because of how fast the surf speed was. The region was also very easy to navigate with the exception of Sootopolis city

I like the Unova region because during that time it was one of the first regions to evolve drastically in design as well as the new pokemon.Overall i like all of the regions their all great but Unova was my personal one to like above all. I also look foward to the new changes to the other regions and pokemon

Yeah, I agree with @Jacknoir12. I think Unova was the first to become fully 3D, and for that it's the prettiest. Of course, Kalos is also very pretty, and I enjoy both. I think Johto had the most fun gym leaders imo. I will always love that region. But yeah, it's gotta be Kalos/Unova for me.

For me it's definitely the Hoenn region. Ruby was my first real video game let alone pokemon game. To put in better perspective I'll share the story of how I obtained it.

Back in 2003 I started watching pokemon as some of my close friends were telling me about it. All I knew is that there were episodes that came on cartoon network at 9 pm every night which was my bedtime so it really upset me that I wasn't able to watch it for awhile. My parents eventually allowed me to watch it before bed and every episode always blew my mind. I never knew what these creatures were or what this world is but I got pulled in. Next thing I knew I wanted to rent video tapes and dvds from blockbuster(back when that was still around) and see more episodes that I have yet to see.

A bit later I start begging my parents to get a pokemon game. For a few years both my parents worked and without anyone to watch over me at home I was put into this after school daycare program my school provided. I notice a bunch of older kids with their GBAs while playing a pokemon game from gen 1 or 2. It really made me want to join the pokemon crowd so I begged for a pokemon gameboy game.

Keep in mind when all of this was happening, I only watched gens 1-2 and only knew of those pokemon. So now I get to toysRus to get pokemon as an early birthday present. My mom buys the new gameboy advance SP which I never seen and got to brag about it to my classmates. Along with it I see Pokemon Ruby with a giant red pokemon that I've never seen. I had no idea what to think of this. I get home, turn on the game and I didn't know what to think of everything in front of me. A combination of excitement and confusion. There were so many more colors compared to the other pokemon games and it was brighter too. And then when I finally grabbed a starter and went to save birch, I saw a zigzagoon. WHAT IS THIS?! That's when I started realizing I was in a new world and generation of pokemon compared to what my friends knew. Astonished and excited, Hoenn was a region my little 8 year-old mind couldn't imagine.

So bam, there's my nostalgic story of how Hoenn left an impact on my gaming life.

I would have to choose Kalos because I found the 3D architecture and characters a lot more interuging to play. The graphics for black and white 2 going down was not that bad but bringing in Kalos brought a whole new aspect in the Pokmon series. The Pokemon battling in 3D is also very sick and it makes the game feel more exciting. That is my opinion.

My favourite is kanto because you simply cant beat the classics back then after you the game you can explore the games glitches back when they can be done without destroying the save file (well.... most of them) kanto is the best

Johto has a special place in my heart

Hoenn by far has the best region. I loved the gym leaders, the introduction to warring factions, the Pokemon introduced, everything! Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire have also been the best remakes thus far.

I like Johto because the first Pokemon game I had growing up was Gold on a Gameboy Color. Everyday when my older siblings were done playing it, I would hop on and play a little. One time, when they found out I beat the Elite Four AND the Champion for them, they showed me how fun the other games were and introduced me to the TCG. Today, I own over 300 Pokemon cards (Not including Energies and Doubles), and am a great Trader/Battler on Alpha Sapphire. I know the Pokedex like the back of my hand, and it was all because of Gold, based in Johto. It could also be because of the INSTANT SHINY GYARADOS! :p

I loved Johto, because when I was replaying Red, I'd had a Slowbro with Amnesia, which in Gen 1 was like Geomancy with White Herb I think. Then in Crystal you're basically given a Slowpoke, as many as you want, and even though I was playing Nuzlocke, the only pokemon I raised was Slowpoke. I curse headbutted my way through the entire game, and it was just so fun, no worries of losing a pokemon.

Back