What is your favorite region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos?

• Thread starter Ozga
  • Start date
I love the Sinnoh region. It was the very first region I was introduced to when I played pokemon and so far I like it best. I personally love the gym leaders here the best too (Volkner). The starter pokemon are the best too, I chose turtwig most of the time.

My favourite is the Hoenn region. I really like how the region consist of around half water and i really like the music in the region especially Verdanturf Town. Emerald was also one of the first games I've played and probably one of the most challenging one for me to do a wedlocke for. It gives me great memories whenever I listen to the music and my favourite pokemon breloom is in the region too :D

I like Kalos as it has a beautiful map with many interesting places you can gonand visited. However my Personal favourite is Unova because thats the first ever pokemon Region i ever explored.

Mine is Hoenn as well.

Reactions: Dargsidan
Oh gosh. Well I recently finished playing Pokemon Y and this was my first 3ds game and first pokemon game since White (which I only played, beat, and returned with ds). The improved graphics just make a world of difference that I never expected. I actually enjoyed exploring the setting now. The previous games I never really appreciated the settings that the games had to offer. Sure they were nice and of course I have a lot of nostalgia for Kanto but as of now I feel like Kalos has been my favorite region. The variety of pokemon was fantastic. Not like Pokemon White where you could only see new pokemon. Kalos had a lot of different settings and town variation was the best I've seen in a Pokemon game. Also can't forget the great designs of the gyms. However the simplicity and nostalgia of Kanto is also appreciated and will also hold a place with me. I'd love to explore Kanto one day in 3d but I know there are more games that need to be made instead of another remake.

If based on the "Fun, Challenges and Adventures" I would go for Hoenn Region (Emerald version)
or If based on the Pokemon in the said region, I would pick Sinnoh (Infernape FTW!!!)

Kalos because the cities are big and the Pokemon centers are very different from the other games and the pokemon centers are much better. There is also cool pokemon to catch in all of the routes. The routes are very awesome and the routes are also cool.

i like the Hoenn,it has a cute starter pokemon and a awesome legendary pokemon like rayquaza,deoxys,groudon,
kyogre and the "regis".It has a history that Groudon created the land masses and Kyogre filled the seas.I like the
Soar of Latias and Latios!!!

i like the Hoenn,it has a cute starter pokemon and a awesome legendary pokemon like rayquaza,deoxys,groudon,
kyogre and the "regis".It has a history that Groudon created the land masses and Kyogre filled the seas.I like the
Soar of Latias and Latios!!!

I do have to say, in terms of legendaries Hoenn has the best ones. They were the first legendaries who had to do with shaping the world, which is a monumental task to do. I'm glad Gamefreak made the decision to give them their primal forms to make them not only relevant in the face of Time, Space, Balance, Life and Death, but also make their backstory as such that they become larger than themselves, metaphorically speaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: superized123
My favorite pokemon region has to be sinnoh. But after that I think I like johto a lot. Dont know, they just seem old and mysterious regions :)

Reactions: Robbie
I love Kanto region, it is the best for me as I started off with this game when it came out, and then they made the remake in FireRed and LeafGreen, and spent my days playing those games for days on end. I even downloaded a emulator and used cheats to make it more fun. I just love it, it's too good. It started with the original but most iconic pokemon.

me?oh it`s hoenn

Mine would probably be Johto. It's the one I played in first.

My favorite region was the Johto region because of nostalgic reasons.

Hoenn ftw

Unova.

I don't really know what my favourite would be all of them are unique in their own way making it hard to choose but if I had to it would be sinnoh

My favourite region has got to be the newest one, of course - Kalos, I just love how its based off the pouplar country of france, its great and ahs alot of new and old faces of pokemon, Unova is probably my least favourite just like others just because they are lacking in creativity compared to the other regions, although I do love there legendarys (discluding the natural disaster pokemon since they're just plain weird), anyway that was my answer to your question and I hope you enjoyed reading my opinion C:

Mine is Hoenn too! this is the first game i've ever played! i really liked the remake!

Why is everybody hating on Sinnoh :( I thought it was the best region and also one of the hardest ones when people complain about it being "too slow" ad "too easy for me" Plus Cynthia was the BEST champion and a great team and I could imagine the remake with her and mega- Garchomp :D The music was also very nice :D

Back