What is your favorite region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos?

• Thread starter Ozga
  • Start date
I really like Hoenn. My first main series game was Emerald so this choice is completely biased :p (I can back it up though :D). I live in a tropical tropical country so I can identify with Hoenn's eviroment :) I also like all the weird puzzles for the Regi trio, they're unique but maybe a little too specific. Who would've thougt about translating the Braille messages? :p I didn't mind all the water, it felt like I was exploring a real ocean, finding treasure and diving spots all around. I also like that Hoenn has more optional routes and areas than other regions, Route 115, Routes 106, 107, 108, 109, 123, 132, 133 and 134. The Abandoned Ship/Sea Mauville, New Mauville, Meteor Falls and Shoal Cave. Wally lives there, that is always a positive :3 The Battle Frontier is also one of my favorite places in Pokémon, it's kinda sad we haven't seen one since Gen IV. Oh, and let's not forget about (Super) Secret Bases! :D

My favorite is sinnoh, only because of platinum. I know these technically aren't in sinnoh but the battle frontier and the distortion world were both awesome.

I like Hoenn just because of the Aqua and magma teams and the gym leaders are great battles. Just everything over looks great.

My favorite region is kanto the start. Because it had a fantastic storyline and I played it when I was 8 years old.

Hoehn is my favourite region and was my first one too! Loved to go out to sea......and then I realised there was too much water.......oh dear.
tumblr_inline_nfam0uQZrk1qfoje3.gif

Reactions: rakisocky123
I really loved Jotho, with the epic battle on mount silver, the lava pits at the last city... But I also loved the scenery in Sinnoh a lot. I think I'll probably go for Sinnoh, though. I have fond memories of the snow city.

My favorite region is either Kanto or Johto. I am fond of those two not for the reason that they were the two original regions, but because of the fact I liked the regional villain for both of them: Team Rocket. Not many of the Villains for the later games were as bad as Team Rocket
(until Team Plasma came along and Ghetsis tries to kill the main hero/heroin with ice in Black and White 2)
so them and those two regions have a special place in my heart for just the severity of them.

I would go with Kanto. In Kanto you did not need a lot of HMs like Hoen. Also Kanto had the first cafe in pokemon

Kalos because x and y was my first pokemon adventure game

For me the best region is kanto

I really like Hoeen because pokemon sapphire was the first pokemon game i played and the region was really nostalgic to me. also i really loved the exploration that this region had. As far as my least favorite would probably be unova from black/white. mostly because the fact that half the region is post-game.

Being the first region I played the Hoeen is my faverouit. Now that oras has been released it boosted my opinion.
When playing those games it brings back memory's of when I was young. I loved the free roam ability and free choice to do what you want. That it why they are my faverouit.

Mine is hoenn because of how beautiful and tropical it is. It was also meant to be like a tropical vacation style region i hate all the tentacools, but i love the water. I also love the pokemon and the story that went along with hoenn.

If I had to pick it would be Sinnoh because I love the Mt. Coronet music, the music before you enter victory road, the concept of the legendary Pokemon, and because it was my first pokemon game.

My favorite region would have to be Hoenn because it was the first region I ever played in. I like the ground and the water portions and all the pokemon there.

I would say Kanto and Hoenn. Kanto because of the nostalgia factor, plus LeafGreen was my first Pokemon game, and Hoenn because I have both Ruby and Omega Ruby. ORAS makes the Hoenn region better, and it makes training easier with EV training, and training in general.

My fave is Kalos! Hoopa is my favorite Kalos Pokemon! Looking forward to Hoopa and the Clash of Ages!

For me my heart is in hoenn and sinoh those are my favorite because of the land the story and the anime who's with me? Also I'm a fan ash and dawn love they are so perfect together! Any body realize the connection they had? But hoenn and sinoh are my favorites

For me my heart is in hoenn and sinoh those are my favorite because of the land the story and the anime who's with me? Also I'm a fan ash and dawn love they are so perfect together! Any body realize the connection they had? But hoenn and sinoh are my favorites
Now that you mention it I have noticed a love interest between the two. Sinnoh is probably right behind Hoenn and Kanto since my brother has Pokemon Pearl (although A: I've never played it and B: My brother doesn't let me although C: I can understand that considering the lack of a second save file.)
Other than that, I've always liked the legendaries, Lucario, and Garchomp.

To be honest I love all the Pokémon games and franchise. The Pokémon games were some of the best games I played growing up. XY were great. I loved Nintendo taking a risky step to try to enhance gameplay and graphics. Sure Gen. 6 didn't include the most new Pokemon, but do you see what they were working on? Instead of like every other game they tried to make a lot of new pokemon, they worked more on literally the NEXT GEN.

Back