Favorite Pokemon?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
My most favorite has to be Riolu. Back in the 4th gen days, I had more experience with the Pokemon Spin-offs then the originals. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was my favorite and while answering truthfully to the Pokemon Quiz, I became Riolu. I grew a bond with this Pokemon and used it in every Pokemon game since. To be honest, it's the only Pokemon on my team that I have such an issue with evolving.

wow! that had to have been destiny for you if you got him when you were done answering does questions, I always had a hard time with my answers because each time I played it gave me another answer to my choices and it just made no sense in the as to why I had one pokemon for one of those games but in the other was another pokemon then the last one from maybe one or two answers.

so really when the mystery dungeon for the 3ds came out and you could choose your pokemon it was much better for me because of that and I just went for that one in the end and it made me happy

Reactions: RashRiolu
If it was a starter pokemon, It'd be piplup. I started in Gen. 4 and i was a really stupid kid, so i constantly released my pokemon and reset a TON in pokemon pearl and diamond. When i got older and restarted diamond for the last time, i learned that i liked piplup the most. Grotle and chimchar.. I both liked them evenly. Also snivy was the other pokemon i liked a lot.. Its like, the only grass starter i ever chose.

If it was a starter pokemon, It'd be piplup. I started in Gen. 4 and i was a really stupid kid, so i constantly released my pokemon and reset a TON in pokemon pearl and diamond. When i got older and restarted diamond for the last time, i learned that i liked piplup the most. Grotle and chimchar.. I both liked them evenly. Also snivy was the other pokemon i liked a lot.. Its like, the only grass starter i ever chose.

Well I kinda understand, when I first started playing pokemon I had a habit of playing with one starter and when i'm stuck at a certain spot or I even just finished playing the game then I would just reset it and play with another pokemon and at the same time I would watch someone else play it so I could get everything that was actually possible for me to get.

when I got X and Alpha Sapphire I never reseted due to getting a few things and there was no way that I would reset now that the date of getting a few of them was over so I keep them with me and will never reset it unless there was a way for me to get them back even with the date passed

Well I kinda understand, when I first started playing pokemon I had a habit of playing with one starter and when i'm stuck at a certain spot or I even just finished playing the game then I would just reset it and play with another pokemon and at the same time I would watch someone else play it so I could get everything that was actually possible for me to get.

when I got X and Alpha Sapphire I never reseted due to getting a few things and there was no way that I would reset now that the date of getting a few of them was over so I keep them with me and will never reset it unless there was a way for me to get them back even with the date passed
Thats literally what i did and still do. Though, if its the latest game ( Currently ORAS ) i will never reset it because it has all my pokemon from other generations.

Also i meant turtwig not grotle ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
Also i meant turtwig not grotle ;-;

yeah I saw the mistake but said nothing but when I got the mega blaziken and pumkaboo I just couldn't reset the game and not have them because they were like my babies to me at the time but now I just want the pokemon moon and see what pokemon I can get from the internet but ORAS I never heard of it before so it makes me wonder what it is really.

do you think you could tell me more about this ORAS some time, I also made a post about something in another game and thought you might want to take a look at it and maybe write something in there.

yeah I saw the mistake but said nothing but when I got the mega blaziken and pumkaboo I just couldn't reset the game and not have them because they were like my babies to me at the time but now I just want the pokemon moon and see what pokemon I can get from the internet but ORAS I never heard of it before so it makes me wonder what it is really.

do you think you could tell me more about this ORAS some time, I also made a post about something in another game and thought you might want to take a look at it and maybe write something in there.
ORAS Is a shortened version of omega ruby and alpha sapphire put together. OR is omega ruby. AS is alpha sapphire.

ORAS Is a shortened version of omega ruby and alpha sapphire put together. OR is omega ruby. AS is alpha sapphire.

Do you mean the one where you can get those items transferred to your game? I did it already if it is

Gotta be the Cyndaquil evolution chain! They look both cute and rad!

Reactions: Kakea

Yes, i too was quite fond of cyndiquil in my earlier years, i borrowed my nieces copy of pokemon crystal and cyndiquil was my first pick at beginning. I still like him quite a bit, and typhlosion is just amazing which is probably why id choose cyndiquil in case of a gold/silver/crystal remake that might happen, but then again id choose chikorita because im more of a grass kinda trainer, i love grass types quite a lot and always have, just classic me, thats all! :p

My favorite Pokemon is Raquaza Because it is super strong and can mega evolve without mega stone and you can also mega evolve. In mega evolution Raquaza is one of the mega that has the highest stats, another Pokemon is Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y. And it also Has a move called Dragon accent which is so powerful it can faint almost all the Pokemon.

My favorite Pokemon is Raquaza Because it is super strong and can mega evolve without mega stone and you can also mega evolve. In mega evolution Raquaza is one of the mega that has the highest stats, another Pokemon is Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y. And it also Has a move called Dragon accent which is so powerful it can faint almost all the Pokemon.

Yes i remember my nephew saying dragon ascent can one hit kill just about everything, i dont know though because i haven't really looked into it, just going by what ive seen people say and so forth. Almost reminds me of hacked move combos where people give their mons a OHKO move+mind reader or the no guard ability in order to make sure everything gets one shotted as quickly and easily as possible. This is more than likely one of most insane ways to really pin down your enemy for obvious reasons. The only way this cant work is on pokemon with sturdy which would simply nullify that combo altogether lol. :p there might be other ways to make it useless but i cant think of any right now >~<

As for mega evolution here, how can the Pokemon mega evolve with no mega stone? When i think about that i feel it's like trying to tie shoes that have no laces... No offense intended, im just being straight and honest here

My favorite Pokemon is #383 Groudon. Gordon has many great moves, including but not limited to: earthquake, eruption, and the (sometimes useful) fissure. Also, drought is a great ability as well, really allowing for the use of some fire-type moves when using Groudon in battle.

My favourite Pokemon are Lucario and Espeon.
After I watched the Movie with Lucario I starded to hope getting a Riolu due Wondertrade on Alpha Sapphire. Funny is, that I got one after the 3rd trade :3

About Espeon... Idk why I like it so much but I guess its because:
1. I love the psychic type
2. I love Eevee
and 3. I like the designe of Espeon.

My favorite pokemon is Rayquaza. Rayquaza can mega evolve and when it is mega evolved it has the best stats in the pokemon series beating Arceus and tied with mega Mewtwo. Rayquaza also doesn't need a mega stone to evolve. Rayquaza is a dragon type which is my personal favorite type.

My favorite Pokémon is Chandelure. His design is awesome, especially his shiny form. He's a really good special sweeper in competitive battling especially since he can use energy ball. The fact he is only seen once in the cartoon is unfortunate. All in all best Pokémon ever.

My favorite has always been riolu/lucario they have always helped me with my problem

Surprised to not see any love for Flygon(line) yet,
i mean if you really look at the backstory of all his inspirations its design is just so well done. of course we all know its line is based of the antlion (with a more agressieve nature as a larvae than as an adult) this is seen in the fact that trapinch's attack goes down when it evolves in vibrava and the fact that antlions are known as "fake dragonflys or sand dragons"
Even if you take a look at flygons eyes (or more or less his goggles) you'll notice they are orange and as some people may know orange tinted glasses or goggles help people to see in sand or snow storms.(the whole desert spirit theme comes back)
They are not just hipster glasses

also (mega) Heracross deserves some love as well, and i can't wait till Marshadow comes out. (his z move has him shadow or "ghost" boxing so awesome)

mine is incineroar even because you can get good moves on him and he is super fast super strong super defensive and offensive

Last edited:
I have ALOT of Pokemon that are my favorite , i will just say my favorite starters are:
-Charizard
-Feraligatr
-Typholosion
-Blaziken
-Swampert
-Empoleon
-Samurott
-Serperior
-Emboar
-Chesnaught
-Greninja
-Incineroar